Luis Suárez - ST - Barcelona (4 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
This deal seems to be off. Us talking to Cavani is a clear indication of that IMO
All i really hope is that it’s true and that the alternative would indeed be Cavani, altough if we go by the rumors of the last few weeks we all already know that Dzeko is likely still the main target in case the Suarez deal falls apart..

Really odd situation anyway, Barcelona being a real circus this days sure complicates a few things.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
It must be said.

Suarez is the best old striker bar cr and Messi. Very efficient and does not look like a serial killer (Google ramirez)
I hate Juve becoming the old people dumping ground for former greats on their farewell tour before they wind up playing for Inter Miami, but here we are.

A better talent than Dzeko, but dammit we are running an old folks home.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Interesting that there are so many conflicting reports, however on this one i'm definitely more inclined to believe that the journos in Spain are more likely to get some exclusives from that barca circus rather then the gazzeta's of italy getting something right about Juve.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
It must be said.

I hate Juve becoming the old people dumping ground for former greats on their farewell tour before they wind up playing for Inter Miami, but here we are.

A better talent than Dzeko, but dammit we are running an old folks home.
Yup. When Milan started doing this it was soon over for them

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Was looking at Milan's squad when the last time they were relevant and here's the ages of their starting lineup + bench

Abbiati(34)-Abate(25)-Nesta(35)-Thiago Silva(27)-Antonini(29)-Van Bommel(34)-Nocerino(25)-Seedorf(34)-KPB(24)-Ibra(30)-Pato(22)/Robinho(27)

Bench : Ambrosini(34), Mexes(29), Taiwo(27), Zambrotta(34), Bonera(29), Cassano(29), Aquilani(27), Sokratis(25), Emmanuelson(25), Inzaghi(38), Gattuso(33), Merkel(23), Leggrotaglie(34) etc

Loads of over the hill and mediocre players with the team largely carried by two elite players in Ibra and Silva.
Now our team is nowhere near as poorly constructed as that Milan team but we are definitely treading a dangerous path if we continue recruiting players 28 and above especially for big fees/large contracts.
Lack of resale value in these older players would mean we either would have to rely on signing the Mckennie's of the world and as usual signing old freebies OR sell your most valuable assets to rejuvenate the team.
This would all have been completely overlooked if not for COVID though especially with the capital increase. It's a damn shame.

james95

Sep 2, 2018
It's € 12,5 m gross compared to the 15 m Dzeko demanding.

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A6003 mit Tapatalk
Yeah he benefits from the new tax law for foreigners. Pus, he doesn't come with a transfer fee like Dzeko would.

- - - Updated - - -

Two years with an option for a third is good business. I don't think it will happen though.
Why not?

Oct 23, 2011
I would have loved a young energetic striker as well, but realistically speaking the strikers' market is extremely thin. I sincerely can't think of any other viable option than the older players we have been linked with. We are in desperate need for a striker as we just can't go into a season with just Ronaldo and Dybala (i am not even counting the other pseudo attackers we have) so it's not as if we can spend money on a 20-year old and hope it turns out fine. Suarez is a perfect solution for the next year, maybe two, after which we can revisit the strikers market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)