Luis Suárez - ST - Barcelona (13 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
i dont see this deal or dzeko as end of dybala, but more of building a quality team.

right now we have two reliable players in attack. dybala and ronaldo. thats not enough. we all saw what happened when dybala went injured. now imagine same happens again and dybala or ronaldo miss 5-10 games. we would be in trouble.

suarez if nothing else brings quality to the bench that we seriously lack. and before you say anything about wages, any other player we would have brought in would have cost same in transfer fees or even more.

don't worry about dybala. he is good and will force himself as main CF anyway

- - - Updated - - -

just imagine this:

your forwards looking tired, or you need a different option: now you have suarez/dybala, kulu, costa on bench.

instead of the current options of higuain and berna

this is a big upgrade

Sashazulu

Jan 19, 2017
its probably bullshit though, if he has the citizenship then it should be respected. All you need to do is to be married for at least 3 years or 1,5 if you have kids.
When you fill in the application u have to provide the certificate that you know basics of Italian language (B1 level) and thats all.
So I call this report bullshit either u have the citizenship or u dont, there is no middle ground here for me.
You are wrong. I made my son an italian citizen and waited 1 year to ask for his passport through the consulate.
I do not know if Suarez is a citizen or not. To get the application returned take some time. In his case it has to go through the place his wife is born, village, city or town
If accepted by her birth place. it is mailed to the Italian consulate where they live and they are notified by letter that he is a citizen, than you can go and apply for a passport when ever you want.
I just read here in Tuz that he did not pass the Italian test, if that is trough it will take more than 1 month to get the citizenship. It is possible that Juve pay some money to
get it faster. You know how it goes with big companies...... I wantn't say more.

Last edited:

dyl1dyl

May 9, 2012
Honestly, as much as I dislike the guy. Assuming, its a free transfer (or close to free, <5mil) I think its a very good deal.

We basically pay a fat salary for 3 years but I think he'll still be world class (probably top 5-10 strikers) for 2 of those 3 years and he's also the kind of asshole like diego costa you want on your team, not the opponents

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
You are wrong. I made my son an italian citizen and waited 1 year to ask for his passport through the consulate.
I do not know if Suarez is a citizen or not. To get the application returned take some time. In his case it has to go through the place his wife is born, village, city or town
If accepted by her birth place. it is mailed to the Italian consulate where they live and they are notified by letter that he is a citizen, than you can go and apply for a passport when ever you want.
I just read here in Tuz that he did not pass the Italian test, if that is trough it will take more than 1 month to get the citizenship. It is possible that Juve pay some money to
get it faster. You know how it goes with big companies...... I wantn't say more.
i'm also pretty sure there are ways to get citizenship fast through western countries when you are a millionaire.

canada and usa have programs to fast track citizenship when you can prove u can "invest" 500k or more into local economy. or something like that.

maybe eurpean countries have something similar.

GiocataGrande

Commendatore
May 26, 2016
Honestly, as much as I dislike the guy. Assuming, its a free transfer (or close to free, <5mil) I think its a very good deal.

We basically pay a fat salary for 3 years but I think he'll still be world class (probably top 5-10 strikers) for 2 of those 3 years and he's also the kind of asshole like diego costa you want on your team, not the opponents
It's a no-brainer deal for us given our situation. Proven wc player for "free".

There are concerns tho:
mainly his age, how long will he stay relevant and how fast will he regress, you never know with 30+ players, also his contract which I'm nervous about. I dont want him here If he turns into another Higuain and we should be able to get rid of him easy If needed

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
There is nothing "no brainer" about this deal he has already regressed hugely he aint Ronaldo ffs he has issues with fitness, coming with bad knees, costs a crap ton of wages and every single comment from the Barce fans about him is the exact same stuff you will see in the higgy thread and now he is coming to team with miles less service than he was getting at Barce and will have to work 10 times as hard for he's goals.

GiocataGrande

Commendatore
May 26, 2016
There is nothing "no brainer" about this deal he has already regressed hugely he aint Ronaldo ffs he has issues with fitness, coming with bad knees, costs a crap ton of wages and every single comment from the Barce fans about him is the exact same stuff you will see in the higgy thread and now he is coming to team with miles less service than he was getting at Barce and will have to work 10 times as hard for he's goals.
It is 100% a no brainer because you won't find a proven wc forward under €40-€50 million minimum in today's market.

And I agree, he is not even close to what he was before and I dont even like the transfer tbh, but he is still one of our best opportunities this market given our current situation.

As mentioned before players like lacazette, not even top tier, is valued for around €40 m+ . Werner just went for €53 million, How do you expect us to do better in our current situation when we have no money and deadwood to offload ?

GiocataGrande

Commendatore
May 26, 2016
You can hope, but I have a feeling it's going to be 3. We enjoy getting fucked in the ass on those type of deals - Tootise just can't help himself.
Ideally it should be 1 year, just squeeze the last juice out of him and when he shows any signs of laziness or regression, offload instantly to Qatar or something. I really dont want more rotten flesh on our bench. But yeah I wouldn't be surprised If its 3 years. Our management likes rotten flesh

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Good article by James Horncastle @ The Athletic

Cristiano Ronaldo may have matched 1930s striker Felice Borel with the most prolific league season in Juventus history, yet his 31 goals could still not disguise the problems his club encountered up front. The Italian champions finished the campaign with only the fifth-best attack in Serie A.

Napoli’s Arkadiusz Milik is a match but the asking price of €40 million-€45 million (£36 million-40 million) for a player entering the final year of his contract and with a couple of knee surgeries behind him is too expensive unless a part exchange is possible. Alexandre Lacazette of Arsenal and Atalanta’s Duvan Zapata are by no means cheap either and, until Juventus find buyers for the likes of Douglas Costa, liquidity is limited.

Roma captain Edin Dzeko is almost eight years Milik’s senior at 34 but knows the league inside out and finished last season with 16 goals and seven assists.

Dzeko’s team-mate and friend Aleksandar Kolarov has just joined Inter Milan for one last shot at winning a major honour. At 34, the Bosnian now has to make a similar calculation. If he did leave them, Roma have the collateral to persuade Napoli, who have already signed a couple of strikers in Victor Osimhen and Andrea Petagna, to part with Milik. Cengiz Under figures high on their shortlist for the right wing position but isn’t enough on his own for a straight Milik swap.
A chain reaction hasn’t happened yet precisely because the brinksmanship isn’t at an end. Napoli’s price for Milik remains steep even though Roma have a couple of players they like. Meanwhile, Juventus are evaluating other opportunities.
Although the Turin club deny an agreement has been reached with Luis Suarez, their interest in taking him on for little or no fee is piquing, as long as he is able to extricate himself from his Barcelona contract.
Suarez, who turns 34 in January, has a lot to be aggrieved about at the Nou Camp, particularly the manner in which new Barcelona manager Ronald Koeman told him in an abrupt phone call that he is no longer of service. Nevertheless, the four-time La Liga champion reported for testing and training on Sunday and has not taken the same hardline approach as his best friend Lionel Messi. Perhaps his greater tact will help bring a quicker resolution to the settlement of his contract — if, that is, the Messi saga doesn’t take another twist in which the Argentinian stays as long as his Uruguayan pal does too.
Generally, though, two of the three strikers on the black-and-white striped casting couch are older than Higuain and, in Suarez’s case, won’t earn a dime less than him. Two have had issues with their knees. All three are quite different as players.
What they do have in common is the respect they command from defenders. That would draw some of the attention away from Ronaldo and create space for him. Each of them has the ability to bring others into play, including Juventus’s goal-shy midfielders. Suarez possessed the intelligence to play beside Messi, Mo Salah connected with Dzeko before he left for Liverpool and Milik needed all his high-level associative qualities to combine with Dries Mertens and Lorenzo Insigne.
With the new season due to get underway in a fortnight, time is of the essence.
In anticipation of renewed and shrewd investment, ideas rather than incomings are what matter to Pirlo right now.
“We’ve got lots of players,” he said. “They’re top class and we need to get the most of them.”
Oddly for a player who scored more than 30 goals last season, a new striker would probably help Juventus get more out of Ronaldo.

Jul 13, 2010
The conclusion is very true though, Ronaldo-Dybala-Suarez triangle would open spaces for one of them to strike the ball, I'm not even talking about 1-2s that I bet we will see often.

If Barca could accept a symbolic amount of transfer fee, 1 Euro or whatever, that would allow Suarez to transfer to Juve without any financial damage to Barca, but I guess Suarez would demand a higher salary as basically he would miss out on the contract he has at barca, which is what, roughly 10Mil net? I think they will settle in the end and we will have Suarez, I just hope he will accept something like 2+1 contract, the +1 option would depend on the club with an opportunity to renegotiate salary and bonuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)