Luis Suárez - ST - Barcelona (14 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
He still has to pass that citizenship test. Hopefully there is a decent chance his dumbass fails it
what questions do they ask in italian history citizenship tests anyway?

inb4 pizza and gelato related answers

- - - Updated - - -

De Ligt. Taken at the greatest footballing temple named the Johan Cruijff Arena
no way that's DL. you think all white people look the same bro?

lvmnz

Jul 28, 2015
ronaldo suarez and dybala, we cant fit them all as dybala shouldnt play RW
Yeh it will be a headache. I i dont see us bringing suarez on a high salary to be Dybalas bench until his contract expires.

Milik was an ok pick if the plan was to use dybala as a false 9 most of the season and have Milik for tactical options.... but this will not work with Suarez, as i think that if you have suarez in your team, you need to use him.

In that case, Dybala will have to learn to play as an hybrid right winger, or else who knows. Im saying this because we already have Kulusevki who can play confortably as a right winger.

And dybala as treq, nah he is meh there.. he needs to be near the goal or at least attacking constantly near the enemy area.. not tracking back deep as allegri used to make him drop.
Even when he plays as a CF, Dybala drops deep between the lines and in the right halfspace. He is not a number 9. He gets involved in the build-up (agreed, best he stays farther up the pitch and not on level with the block/in between our own mid and defense) and he cuts in from the right.

Our main forwards excel most between the lines in the two halfspaces. They get on the ball coming towards the defense, and the opposition needs to commit often three+ defenders/midfielders to nullify the threat.

The problem is, with nobody who wants to hunt in the box since Mandzu left and Higuain completely lost his mobility and form, opponents are perfectly able to just key in on dybala and ronaldo because there is nobody else with the necessary combined attacking quality/impetus to score in an advanced position. we have fullbacks who get forward to cross and a midfielder or two who like to run into the box but are ideally only secondary or tertiary options in the chance-finishing respect.

Suarez wouldn't be my first choice, because a world-class, athletic #9 would help create space for our attack by stretching the opposition vertically, and would ensure we end up with higher quality chances in the box - instead of just world-beating brilliant individual efforts of our stars plus handball penalties - with their #9 tendencies.

even though he's slowing down, there is no arguing that Suarez does not have top ability and that Suarez is a #9. Since Mandzu left, we have been missing our fox in the box; health-permitting, Suarez can help balance our attack with his tendencies and his quality.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)