Luis Suárez - ST - Barcelona (3 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
This is a smoke move to remain title defenders, is not going to be cheap neither, yes, Suarez might perform well for the Serie A, he is not finished yet, but I cannot see him going the extra mile (in good terms) when need it(he has been failing in Barcelona(besides what is his motivation for coming to Juve? just the money?))
We dont need another good performer striker for Serie A we need a beast to go as a tip of the spear to help Dybala and CR. For Serie A FFS even Khedira would make the job done.
The real challenge for Juve is UCL, we should aim that consistently but with signings as Suarez is not going to happen, this is more of an opportunistic strike than a planned one.
Is good to mantain the dominance on the league but at the same time to improve based on a plan, I trust in Pirlo, to get the CL. This move I dont see it as a good one.
I doubt it. With Inter making some good signings, we can’t take the scudetto for granted.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Niku

Jan 14, 2014
Ignoring age, who do you think was better and also available that we could have acquired in that position? Suarez was the best we could feasibly do in this market. Or stick with that abominable snowman higgy for another year.
I dont want Higgy also, maybe with a big big cut on wages, but heck even I would go with a Juvenile U19 or U23 instead of Suarez or go sign a striker from Sassuolo, Bologna, Benevento or Piamonte LOL rather than throw it to the wc with Suarez, I mean what he is going to give us? into the squad? experience? goals? winning mentality? dont we have already all that and better in Dybala and CR?.
Suarez is almost in retirement age(hoping he stays fit for the season) :baus:, those wages for 3 years are too much, as we havent learned with Khedira and Higgy

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt it. With Inter making some good signings, we can’t take the scudetto for granted.
Yes I was being a little exaggerated, should better called instead of Khedira with Berna lol, but for the most part of Serie A you dont need Suarez to win it.
I mean yes we need to fill the slot of Higgy on the top and the void in our hearts and stomaches but man, I would prefer to give the opportuninty to the new Kean, Coman rather than spent the time with Suarez. :confused:

Last edited:

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
He will do very well for us. Guy is an insanely good player, even at his more “advanced” stage of his career. Scores some lethal goals.

I just hope we don’t do something retarded like selling Dybala. Won’t put it past Tici.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Yes, him too, even though he's missing a lot of games due to injuries. Still, thin choice. I wish we got Lukaku last year, but kept Dybala. We won't do better than Lukaku in the following 3-4 years.
Icardi, Gabriel Jesus?

You’re right though. Not too much out there. That’s why I don’t have an issue with a relatively short-term contract for a Suarez or Dzeko type player.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
He will do very well for us. Guy is an insanely good player, even at his more “advanced” stage of his career. Scores some lethal goals.

I just hope we don’t do something retarded like selling Dybala. Won’t put it past Tici.
He can’t be that foolish to do something like that...

Sí o no?

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Are you conflating Gonzalo with Luis?
The Biter isn't exactly a gazelle, although compared to Higuain he is.

However, recently Luis has a lost a bit of pace and hunger. He seems slower and lazier. I don't want him here on big wages if it's a 3 year contract. I guess I can't tolerate him for two seasons.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It's either Suarez, Dzeko or you spend €40m or whatever on some kid with potential like Boadu or Malen. There is a long settling-in period for those and bigger chance of flopping, but the downsides to Suarez are obvious with his age and salary.

On a 2 year deal I could see this as an acceptable fill-in signing but I think we and even the club know that two years down the line we will also be moving him to MLS or wherever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)