Luis Suárez - ST - Barcelona (24 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I said before that I don't want us to become a retirement home for midtable Serie A teams by signing Dzeko. But I personally am in favor of sniping Suarez specially if the fee is very low/free. He isn't what he used to be (which is one of the absolute best in the world) but he's still a huge upgrade compared to the options we were linked to for the no.9 spot

The ideal business would be handing him a max 2 year contract but that probably won't persuade him to join us.

Jun 16, 2020
for Suarez we could do a Rakitic type deal.

here's what Sevilla paid:

Sevilla for Rakitic spent 1.5 million plus 9 bonuses divided as follows:

3 million if Sevilla qualify for Europe.
1 million if Sevilla win the Europa League.
2 million if Sevilla win the championship.
3 million if Sevilla win the Champions League.
Yeah but lets pay nothing

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
for Suarez we could do a Rakitic type deal.

here's what Sevilla paid:

Sevilla for Rakitic spent 1.5 million plus 9 bonuses divided as follows:

3 million if Sevilla qualify for Europe.
1 million if Sevilla win the Europa League.
2 million if Sevilla win the championship.
3 million if Sevilla win the Champions League.
We are really poor negotiaters if we pay a fee for Suarez while on the other hand release our deadwood for free.

Would be embarrassing if true

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Even if we exclude the extraterrestrials Ronaldo and Messi, in the last 10-15 years we saw some amazing strikers who shined in their mid to late 20s. From the top of my head: Ibrahimovic, Lewandowski, Suarez, Van Persie, Benzema, David Villa, Cavani, Aguero, Drogba, Higuain.
Who do we have now from the strikers aged 25-30? Lukaku is someone I like and I consider a top striker, despite his many missed chances. But who else is there? There is probably someone I'm missing because I find it impossible that there are no top strikers in the world. We say that we want a top striker, but what's the choice realistically? We either go with one of the former greats or take a risk with some teenager who shows promise. And apart from that Norwegian kid, what's the choice?
Strikers are a dying breed :(

P.S: Griezmann too.

Jun 6, 2015
Even if we exclude the extraterrestrials Ronaldo and Messi, in the last 10-15 years we saw some amazing strikers who shined in their mid to late 20s. From the top of my head: Ibrahimovic, Lewandowski, Suarez, Van Persie, Benzema, David Villa, Cavani, Aguero, Drogba, Higuain.
Who do we have now from the strikers aged 25-30? Lukaku is someone I like and I consider a top striker, despite his many missed chances. But who else is there? There is probably someone I'm missing because I find it impossible that there are no top strikers in the world. We say that we want a top striker, but what's the choice realistically? We either go with one of the former greats or take a risk with some teenager who shows promise. And apart from that Norwegian kids, what's the choice?

Arry

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Who do we have now from the strikers aged 25-30? Lukaku is someone I like and I consider a top striker, despite his many missed chances. But who else is there? There is probably someone I'm missing because I find it impossible that there are no top strikers in the world. We say that we want a top striker, but what's the choice realistically? We either go with one of the former greats or take a risk with some teenager who shows promise. And apart from that Norwegian kid, what's the choice?

Seriously? The answer is so obvious

:dybala:

We don't need a top striker ffs we need someone who is good enough to be 2nd choice to Dybala. Why not Morata? He has never been the most clinical #9 but he is solid very well rounded striker and he doesn't need to score 25 a season as long as CR7 is there and the two can link up.

Unless of course the plan is to play CR7, Dybala and a #9 which is just retarded and I expect to go about as well as the previous times its been attempted

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

Vardy

Niku

Jan 14, 2014
This is a smoke move to remain title defenders, is not going to be cheap neither, yes, Suarez might perform well for the Serie A, he is not finished yet, but I cannot see him going the extra mile (in good terms) when need it(he has been failing in Barcelona(besides what is his motivation for coming to Juve? just the money?))
We dont need another good performer striker for Serie A we need a beast to go as a tip of the spear to help Dybala and CR. For Serie A FFS even Khedira would make the job done.
The real challenge for Juve is UCL, we should aim that consistently but with signings as Suarez is not going to happen, this is more of an opportunistic strike than a planned one.
Is good to mantain the dominance on the league but at the same time to improve based on a plan, I trust in Pirlo, to get the CL. This move I dont see it as a good one.

james95

Sep 2, 2018
This is a smoke move to remain title defenders, is not going to be cheap neither, yes, Suarez might perform well for the Serie A, he is not finished yet, but I cannot see him going the extra mile (in good terms) when need it(he has been failing in Barcelona(besides what is his motivation for coming to Juve? just the money?))
We dont need another good performer striker for Serie A we need a beast to go as a tip of the spear to help Dybala and CR. For Serie A FFS even Khedira would make the job done.
The real challenge for Juve is UCL, we should aim that consistently but with signings as Suarez is not going to happen, this is more of an opportunistic strike than a planned one.
Is good to mantain the dominance on the league but at the same time to improve based on a plan, I trust in Pirlo, to get the CL. This move I dont see it as a good one.
Ignoring age, who do you think was better and also available that we could have acquired in that position? Suarez was the best we could feasibly do in this market. Or stick with that abominable snowman higgy for another year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)