Luis Suárez - ST - Barcelona (2 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
I thought we were looking for some height up front. Suarez reminds me more of Tevez than Trezeguet.

Suarez is 6 ft tall and Dzeko is 6'4".
Ronaldo is 6'2"
For comparison, Trezeguet was 6'2".

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Because he is my favorite player. I wanted him at Wolfsburg days. Suarez coming out of Ajax would have been amazing too. We never strike while the iron is hot for these kinds of players before they make the "jump".
Imagine what Ajax Suarez would cost now though.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
I wanted him for years but he's 33 now and haven't been particularly good for the last couple of seasons. Many Barca fans been saying he's been terrible lately. I guess this is what Juve can afford for now. But is this a sign of change in ambitions or are they really thinking Suarez is the missing piece for CL lol?

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Honestly not paying a transfer fee and offering a 2 year deal is far far better than paying €12-15M for Roma and offering him pretty much the same pay Suarez would get here.

I would have preferred Dzeko too for 'tactical' reasons but having said that, the last thing I'd want to see is the club committing a lot of money for old players. The outlay for Dzeko with the transfer fee would have been much more.

Plus if Suarez wants to continue representing his nation in international tournaments and play at the highest level and also considering he will be playing alongside the GOAT, that should be enough to keep him motivated and hungry.

Lets wait and hear from reliable sources though because I still think there could be a last minute twist here.
Yeh this to be honest.

Both strikers arer fine for what we are looking , (which is a ready to go 9 with experience), But Suarez deal is way cheaper... if he comes for free that is.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
The biggest thing going for Suarez is that he's a big game player. Even against Bayern, he was one of Barca's better players. We are clearly not bringing him so that we can build around him.

If he can create that kind of impact for us in Europe, that alone would be useful. Dani Alves for example was decisive for us in the CL. Would be happy if he can create a similar impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)