Luis Suárez - ST - Barcelona (118 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
Dzeko would still command a transfer fee where as suarez I imagine doesnt. Personally pound for pound suarez is a much better player than dzeko, I just hope he's compatible with ronaldo and dybala thats all
There is no need to wonder he is not compatible with them two at all and Dzeko was better last year playing for far worse team. Im sure Ronaldo will love that he will do the work of two fowards again just like with higgy

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
One journo said he'll be paid 11m and that becomes gospel truth. Wait to see what others say and if it'll be indeed 11m.

And all of a sudden 11m for a player of that quality and role would be ok after all the complaining. No, it wouldn't be.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
How do the tax rules play in here?

What would be the difference in gross expenditure then?
Previously the tax rates for foreign players was nearly 50% (47% to be precise)
Now effective from Jan 2020, it's been reduced to 30%

To be eligible for the tax break, a player needs to spend minimum two years outside Italy.

But let's take this example for Dzeko and Suarez. Since Dzeko has been in Italy for quite a while, he'll be taxed as per the old tax rate. Assuming the agreed salary is €7.5M net, his gross salary would be roughly €14M as per the old tax rates. He's basically required to pay almost half of his gross income as income tax.

Now since Suarez is coming from abroad, he'll be eligible for the tax reduction. Since the agreed salary reportedly is €11M net, his gross wages would amount to roughly €15M gross. That's a significant reduction in taxable income which would clearly be appealing for many players coming from abroad.

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
Wat
The
Fuck

Are you looking at, when saying Dzeko had a better season lol. Not stats certainly
Dzeko 19 goals and 14 assists

Sureaz 21 goals and 11 asists

One plays for roma the other plays behind Messi i know which one i would say was better and thats not before just watching them play. Sureaz coming here is not going to be getting messi like service like he was getting at Barce so we will see how he gets on when he has to work hard for he's goals.

Jul 13, 2010
can people here actually name who they wanted upfront because all I've seen is "omfg why dzeko hes old" and "omfg not suarez he finished" and "milik is shit" I've not read a single post with a viable target mentioned?
Lion wants haaland, but dude lost the plot lately.

Not much to chose from like campionesidd said, I personally like suerez the most out of all the names been thrown around.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Lion wants haaland, but dude lost the plot lately.

Not much to chose from like campionesidd said, I personally like suerez the most out of all the names been thrown around.
Precisely there is nobody young and viable who will guarantee close enough 15-20 goals. Dzeko and suarez are clearly short term solutions to allow us to invest in that dire midfield, better than signing milik if you ask me

- - - Updated - - -

I sincerely hope we're not intending to use him as a regular starter. I prefer the idea of building a team with dybala as false 9 with kulu on the right
Put it this way we've had some awful back up strikers for short term in recent years. Bendtner and anelka springs to mind

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
Can we dump the rest of the amigos on Juve as well? They like their finished grandpas even more than we do

If this gets done then thank you Juve.

looool Juventus is such a stupid club hahahahah I wonder what will happen if SUarez starts to yell Ronaldo

Barcelona fans very happy.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Precisely there is nobody young and viable who will guarantee close enough 15-20 goals. Dzeko and suarez are clearly short term solutions to allow us to invest in that dire midfield, better than signing milik if you ask me

- - - Updated - - -

Put it this way we've had some awful back up strikers for short term in recent years. Bendtner and anelka springs to mind
You're right. Tici identified Anelka and Bendtner. All Beppe had to is approve it. Tici identified some really awful backup strikers in the past. Now he's continuing the tradition in midfield lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 112)