Luis Nani - Winger - Manchester United (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
according to sky 4-3-1-2 so no room for him anyway
Exactly, or 3-5-2, or a big fat xmas tree. I can't see Nani coming here, I think I read that Milan is interested in him, which may be a good thing.

Man, I was so, so looking forward to an aggressive 4-3-3, with our midfielders pressing the shit out of the opposition, add some real pace on the flanks. Fuck.

Hurts for him to go like this.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Exactly, or 3-5-2, or a big fat xmas tree. I can't see Nani coming here, I think I read that Milan is interested in him, which may be a good thing.

Man, I was so, so looking forward to an aggressive 4-3-3, with our midfielders pressing the shit out of the opposition, add some real pace on the flanks. Fuck.

Hurts for him to go like this.
whats worrying even more is our overall philosophy along with our inability to land the prime players we target.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
whats worrying even more is our overall philosophy along with our inability to land the prime players we target.
:agree:

There's a lot of uncertainty, but the group has to face it with some confidence, given where they've been. I'm curious to see if Allegri actually will play some 3-5-2, he seemed to suggest he would in one of the interviews I read. I'm ready for the games to start.

Beppe has made some amazing deals, we know that (and some terrible ones), but you're right, he hasn't been able to pull off any big-money moves for impact players. Although I love big-money Asa. :p

Part of it is money, but as good as his bargain hunting has been to us at times, it may have worked against us in other negotiations. Sometimes feels like he doesn't have a clear vision (we may actually be buying a decent - but old - LB for the first time since the shit hit the fan, hooray), and that he's not approaching his targets early, or aggressively enough. Maybe because he doesn't want to show his hand for negotiations? I know there were a lot of commitments last year, and obviously a world cup changes the dynamics of the mercato, but they've had quite a bit of time to talk about what they thought Conte would need for the upcoming season. It does surprise me that we haven't sealed any deals yet. I mean, even if the deposit date is July 1, frequently enough the negotiations with players are concluded prior. Other teams are have been making multiple deals (Although I guess Sturaro and Coman technically qualifies, but given the state of the team we should not only be investing in potential!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)