Luis Nani - Winger - Manchester United (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
So from what I gather Nani is very good in a 4-3-3 where he doesn't have to defend as much as he would in a 4-4-2 type formation. Problem with this is that Conte actually wants wingers who work hard and can show defensive abilities...E.G. Pepe who he did use to change to a 4-3-3 in his first season. This is the really interesting side of it all.

Mar 30, 2006
Nani had his best two years at united on the right of the 442 if I remember well. He was a machine, I don't see him having a problem. Especially if he was on the right with vidal next to him as a mc and licht behind him at fullback. Nani would really excel.

He can be a top player, he just needs to be given a fair run in a team to find his form. I think he would be desperate to play for us at this point.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
So from what I gather Nani is very good in a 4-3-3 where he doesn't have to defend as much as he would in a 4-4-2 type formation. Problem with this is that Conte actually wants wingers who work hard and can show defensive abilities...E.G. Pepe who he did use to change to a 4-3-3 in his first season. This is the really interesting side of it all.
No problem. You can force him to run more like Jupp did with Robbery at Bayern. On the other hand you wan't teach a Pepe to be a Nani.

Mar 3, 2014
What about height?...........
As a winger in a 4-3-3, height shouldn't matter that much, plus its not as if Nani is tall at 5'9.
Nani is VERY enigmatic, and why spend the money on a guy like him when you have an inconsistent, talented footballer in Giovinco already. Both are right footed, and both are best as wingers.

IMO you buy versatile players.
These are just examples but guys like:

Modric - CDM/CM/CAM
Turan - LW/LW/CAM
Di Maria - RM/LM/RW/LW/CM/CAM

If we're going to play around with formations, getting Nani is stupid, especially when we have a player with almost identical attributes on the bench, who is younger & italian.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
:lol:

How the fuck were Portugal the best team in the tournament? Because they held Spain to a 0-0 draw?
They were by far the most impressive team in the tourney, and really stood out. Completely ran over spain for 90minutes +first extra time , and somehow didnt manage to score.

Everyone who actually watched the euro's generally tought that Portugal was the most impressive team.

But its okay, i get it, you got bad reception in that kangourou of yours

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Di Maria would cost 35M at the very least. Modric would cost in excess of 40M, Turan would go for at least 25M and prob much more. Nani will come for around 15M

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
They were by far the most impressive team in the tourney, and really stood out. Completely ran over spain for 90minutes +first extra time , and somehow didnt manage to score.

Everyone who actually watched the euro's generally tought that Portugal was the most impressive team.

But its okay, i get it, you got bad reception in that kangourou of yours
Italy had a much better tournament IMO. And nice insult thrown at the end, lol. Kangaroos are fucking cool and at least Australia is a real country.

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
Back in 2012, at the euros, i tought Nani was about as good as Ronaldo for portugal, who were by far the best team in that tournament.

Just sad they are atrocious at penalty's
It's not a surprise that many in here are biased hating against Spain and it's clubs. But to say that Spain wasn't the most impressive. When you look at how they won the entire thing. By beating the finalist 4-0 and the other opponents and having a goalscore that says 13 for and 1 goal against.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
It's not a surprise that many in here are biased hating against Spain and it's clubs. But to say that Spain wasn't the most impressive. When you look at how they won the entire thing. By beating the finalist 4-0 and the other opponents and having a goalscore that says 13 for and 1 goal against.
Spain was lucky as fuark the whole tournament bar the final.

If Italy didn't completely fall apart that game (yeah yeah, I know fatigue and all, but still) I'd say thay were the best, but as it stands I can agree with picking Portugal as best team.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
As a winger in a 4-3-3, height shouldn't matter that much, plus its not as if Nani is tall at 5'9.
Nani is VERY enigmatic, and why spend the money on a guy like him when you have an inconsistent, talented footballer in Giovinco already. Both are right footed, and both are best as wingers.

Modric - CDM/CM/CAM
Turan - LW/LW/CAM

If we're going to play around with formations, getting Nani is stupid, especially when we have a player with almost identical attributes on the bench, who is younger & italian.
:touched: Oh, btw Nani is actually a few months younger. Just saying.

- - - Updated - - -

Spain were not that impressive in Euro 2012. They huffed and puffed their way to the final. Watching them was mostly a bore, and sometimes a chore during that tournament. They were inarguably the best side in Euro 2008, but in the last edition they were mostly pedestrian.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Portugal was clearly the best team, and thats the end of it.

Mar 30, 2006

Modric - CDM/CM/CAM
Turan - LW/LW/CAM

Nani has played over 220 games for united, won 4 league titles, a champions league title, and was selected uniteds best player in 2011. Giovinco is playing great lately but Nani is another level of player

I feel like it's comparing tevez to quag

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Nani has played over 220 games for united, won 4 league titles, a champions league title, and was selected uniteds best player in 2011. Giovinco is playing great lately but Nani is another level of player

I feel like it's comparing tevez to quag
so true...Nan has proven himself, even if he isn't at his best in recent times we know he has what it takes to be at the top level and proved it at a great club like united. if we do move to a 4-3-3 I certainly think Giovinco can play a role in the squad with nani and one more winger for rotation purposes.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
2 defeats for ManUtd in last 2 starts for Nani. 2G1A in 2 years in the PL, if people believe he can find his form back, then might as well believe SP7 can too. I hope Nani isn't the answer to Juve's winger problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)