Luis Nani - Winger - Manchester United (164 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Chiellini or Ogbonna could play there no problem, if we were to use a 4-3-3 in say, a third of our games. The biggest flaw is that Nani won't want to only play in a third of games, so there is big scope for him to be a flop signing, regardless of his talent. That, and he can be inconsistent and temperamental.

Done deal it.
I've heard the Chiellini argument many times and I don't agree with it at all. First of all, he's one of the best CM's in the world so moving him from the middle would be stupid in the first place. Also, he's very bad on the flank, especially when being forced to actually do something with the ball. The man is a great defender but horrible fullback. He's very awkward with the ball.

Although I have to say, if we really were planning on going in the 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 direction we should have gotten Ljajic too. Could have gotten both of them for 25m and then the Nani signing would make a whole lot more sense.

Pogba/Pirlo - Vidal
Tevez - Ljajic - Nani
Llorente

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He's not 'very bad' at left back at all, he's even played there with the national team. You also ignored the Ogbonna suggestion.

I agree, of course, with not moving from a back three.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
He's not 'very bad' at left back at all, he's even played there with the national team. You also ignored the Ogbonna suggestion.

I agree, of course, with not moving from a back three.
I don't know anything about Ogbonna to be honest. Haven't seen him enough so I'm not going to go there :p

But Chiellini on the left I don't like at all.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I don't know anything about Ogbonna to be honest. Haven't seen him enough so I'm not going to go there :p

But Chiellini on the left I don't like at all.
He's a bit awkward but think who will be in front of him, if Nani was on that side then getting forward is no real priority.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
If people always complain that Asamoah is great defensively but cack going forward then surely he'd be fine as a LB in a 4 man backline because he would not have any burden to provide the attack and could concentrate on what he does best which is being a fast, strong black man, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 164)