Luis Nani - Winger - Manchester United (166 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2006
Nani is a fantastic player. My EPL friends are buying into the current thought that he is past it but Nani is still an elite player and he looked great in preseason. I remember we all wanted him 2 or 3 years ago when he cost 35 million and was United's best player (two seasons where he produced 30 goals). If Conte can bring him to his old level it would take us to another level and give us the ability to use 433 and the 424 Conte used to use. Maybe that could be our Post Pirlo era attacking formation.

Anyway he would be a huge huge upgrade in terms of quality from Pepe or our previous wingers like Elia, Krasic, Malaka Martinez. If you told be before the summer started we would have brought Tevez, Ogbonna and Nani in addition to Llorente I would have laughed. Anyway fingers crossed we can sign Nani then offload some players.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
@Mark

As usual you are the only one I trust with news. What's the news with Nani? And of course what % of chance do we have?:D

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
isn't nani that kind of player that cries when he isn't getting enough time on the pitch? we aren't switching to 4-2-4 or 4-3-3 just for nani you see... Conte said it multiple times that we stay with the 3-5-2 formation

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
This transfer still makes zero sense. There is no place for him in our team. If we plan on switching to 4-3-3 that means that we still lack one other quality winger. Vucinic and Giovinco don't have the work rate Conte expects from a winger while Pepe at this point can't be counted on.

And also, we have no LB to make this formation work. And don't even get me started on benching one of our defenders that make this team so successful.

It all makes no sense. You don't bring Nani only to bench him.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
This transfer still makes zero sense. There is no place for him in our team. If we plan on switching to 4-3-3 that means that we still lack one other quality winger. Vucinic and Giovinco don't have the work rate Conte expects from a winger while Pepe at this point can't be counted on.

And also, we have no LB to make this formation work. And don't even get me started on benching one of our defenders that make this team so successful.

It all makes no sense. You don't bring Nani only to bench him.
Chiellini or Ogbonna could play there no problem, if we were to use a 4-3-3 in say, a third of our games. The biggest flaw is that Nani won't want to only play in a third of games, so there is big scope for him to be a flop signing, regardless of his talent. That, and he can be inconsistent and temperamental.

Done deal it.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
@Mark

As usual you are the only one I trust with news. What's the news with Nani? And of course what % of chance do we have?:D
Strong rumours. Been mentioning him for the last couple of days on OTM. :p
If we sell both Matri and Quag then I think it'll happen. I doN,t know how much he makes but I think we'd like for him to lower his wages. :D

numbers? You want numbers?

81.18212%
9m € paid in 3 instalments.
3m in bonuses.
4m per year to player.
4 goals and 6 assists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 166)