Luis Nani - Winger - Manchester United (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I really like Cuardado. I have been having a hard-on this past year for many Colombian NT players. They are going to do some damage in the WC next year.

But Nani in the right environment would be the right way to go. Robben has his lone move he tries 6 times each match where he cuts in from the flank and tries to curl in a shot to the top corner of the far post from outside the box. And not enough else at his age right now.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I have been having a hard-on this past year for many Colombian NT players. They are going to do some damage in the WC next year.
Was wondering the other day if the door may be half open for a team like Uruguay or Colombia to actually win the World Cup.

I still question how likely a European side is to win in South America, and Brazil and Argentina aren't exactly great at the moment.

Not suggesting either Colombia or Uruguay could really be put up among the favourites, but there has to be the possibility of them pulling off something big.

May 22, 2007
He's looked disappointing for some time, but, it looks like a good opportunity for value with his contract expiring next summer. He's capable of more.

I wonder if United are still pissy with Marotta though.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Is there likely to be enough interest in Nani for them to be picky about where they sell him?

Struggling to think what teams there are who'd provide real competition if Juve wanted him.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
He's looked disappointing for some time, but, it looks like a good opportunity for value with his contract expiring next summer. He's capable of more.

I remember like year ago his stats were better compared to what Ronaldo achieved at Manchester. His goal/assist rate was insane.

His form is meh, but he surely didn't lose it. It would be an amazing signing and we'd finally get a quality winger after Nedved and Camo.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Where could he go if he left Man Utd?

He could join another big English club, but would any of them want him at this point?

Don't see where he could go in Spain.

Suppose if there was very little interest and the transfer fee was low then Turkey might be an option.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Was wondering the other day if the door may be half open for a team like Uruguay or Colombia to actually win the World Cup.

I still question how likely a European side is to win in South America, and Brazil and Argentina aren't exactly great at the moment.

Not suggesting either Colombia or Uruguay could really be put up among the favourites, but there has to be the possibility of them pulling off something big.
A lot has to happen with team chemistry, but seriously... Falcao, Jackson Martinez, James Rodriguez, Cuardado, Zuniga... pretty sexy.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
A lot has to happen with team chemistry, but seriously... Falcao, Jackson Martinez, James Rodriguez, Cuardado, Zuniga... pretty sexy.
The issue, in terms of ability, would be with solidity in the middle.

Do they have anyone decent to play with Guarin in midfield?

Are the relying on Zapata and Yepes as their centre-backs?

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
With his crosses we could easily use Llorente's as CF in 4-3-3. Good shots from distance too. I think he can be considered as game changer even though he may do it with Vucinic's continuity in current form.

May 22, 2007
I remember like year ago his stats were better compared to what Ronaldo achieved at Manchester. His goal/assist rate was insane.

His form is meh, but he surely didn't lose it. It would be an amazing signing and we'd finally get a quality winger after Nedved and Camo.
It was their first 100 games for United, it doesn't really mean much. I think that stat was brought up around the time he was in his best form, after scoring that really good goal against City in the charity cup game, which isn't surprising.

I'm getting more supportive of this deal today. His form can't be helped by the injuries he's had lately, good market opportunity if he doesn't renew and he'll bring more creativity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)