Luigi "Vergogna" Delneri (10 Viewers)

Finish the season with or without Del Neri?

• Yes, keep Del Neri till the end of the season and then fire him

• Fire Del Neri now and replace him with someone else till the end of the season

Results are only viewable after voting.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
Good luck to him. You can't completely blame him for this season. Before our bad injuries he actually had us playing some decent football in this 4-4-2 but it seemed like as the situation got worse, so did his managing skills. Compare this team to the one that beat Real Madrid in CL just a few years ago and its no surprise that we finished 7th.
I agree, we can blame Marotta, too.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Good luck to him. You can't completely blame him for this season. Before our bad injuries he actually had us playing some decent football in this 4-4-2 but it seemed like as the situation got worse, so did his managing skills. Compare this team to the one that beat Real Madrid in CL just a few years ago and its no surprise that we finished 7th.
His pretender loser-mentality head was the main reason for this lacklustre season

Before what injuries? Quagliarella - that's ONE player - we had Matri afterwards anyways

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
His pretender loser-mentality head was the main reason for this lacklustre season

Before what injuries? Quagliarella - that's ONE player - we had Matri afterwards anyways
Del Piero, Quag, Iaquinta, De Ceglie, Buffon, Martinez, Grygera, Traore (the list extends even further). Did you even watch this season? Matri and Toni didn't come until it was too late. His so called 'loser mentality' is not the main reason at all. We had a squad deserving of 7th and that's what we got. Look at those injuries.. those players were meant to start for heavens sake. The majority should barely have been back ups.

Apr 15, 2006
Del Piero, Quag, Iaquinta, De Ceglie, Buffon, Martinez, Grygera, Traore (the list extends even further). Did you even watch this season? Matri and Toni didn't come until it was too late. His so called 'loser mentality' is not the main reason at all. We had a squad deserving of 7th and that's what we got. Look at those injuries.. those players were meant to start for heavens sake. The majority should barely have been back ups.
Ummm... Toni started the game. :shifty:

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
DP missed a couple of games, Iaquinta is shit, Buffon is being outplayed by Storari, De Ceglie had one good game against Milan, he's not a good player, Grygera, Martinez and Traore don't even deserve mention.

Milan did it without Ibra for many games - they didn't self destruct - Inter did it without Eto'o for a few games

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
DP missed a couple of games, Iaquinta is shit, Buffon is being outplayed by Storari, De Ceglie had one good game against Milan, he's not a good player, Grygera, Martinez and Traore don't even deserve mention.

Milan did it without Ibra for many games - they didn't self destruct - Inter did it without Eto'o for a few games
You're right, majority of those players are not good enough to start yet that's what Delneri had at his disposal thanks to Marotta. The squad was clearly not good enough for a top four spot in the first place compounded with the fact that it was injury prone and disrupted did not work in Delneri's favour. It would be silly to compare us to Milan and Inter because their squads have so much more depth and quality. We had none and we paid the price.

Nardonejuve

Mar 21, 2010
I dislike Del Neri as a coach just as much as the next guy but saying he could of made a top 4 finish is a stretch. We all knew the signings Marotta made were not good enough and I can honestly say Marotta left Del Neri out for the wolves. I think Del Neri would of done 10x better if he would of kept Trez and Camo to be honest. We know Trez with Quag would of been alot better then Amauri and Quag and Camo could and I think would of played on the left if it meant staying a Juve. Camo out of position and on one leg would of done better then Pepe or Martinez.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Del Neri: 'Impossible to win with Juve'

Gigi Del Neri blamed the media for their “damaging” effect on Juventus and warned nobody can succeed immediately here.
“Am I going to Atalanta? No, to the Maldives on holiday. I don’t know what I’m going to do in future. In life when one door closes, another always opens,” he said after the 2-2 draw with Napoli.

The Bianconeri have already confirmed that Del Neri will not see out the remaining year of his contract, as Antonio Conte will be appointed on Monday.

“It was a very complicated season with problems that kept coming up, above all injuries, so this squad could do no more than it did. The Coach pays the price, but we all gave our best.

“Here the project is to win, so there was no time to construct a squad at Juventus. I thank the club for this opportunity, which has helped me to grow and I hope it can be a positive experience.

“The difficult thing to deal with was a club and fans who wanted to win straight away despite many changes. The two simply are not compatible.”

Del Neri’s dismissal became inevitable when Juventus failed to even qualify for the Europa League, as the last tactician to miss out (apart from the Calciopoli campaigns) was Gigi Maifredi.

“After three consecutive defeats we were still in the running, but due to a series of elements we were unable to get there.

“The media went against the reality of the situation and proved very damaging for the team. We were not allowed the time to relax and concentrate.

“Many of the Juventus players this season were having their first experience under such a strong spotlight. In my view, all of them can have a place in Turin next season.

“If you want to build a team, then it takes time, otherwise if you want to immediately challenge Real Madrid or Bayern Munich then you have to buy fully-formed stars.”
Excuses and bullshit, that's all it is. Nowhere does he take any blame in finishing 7th in a weak Serie A. I'd like to see his next endeavor consist of relegation. He's a horrendous manager who thinks he's Capello and Mourinho combined.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Quotes since the Parma loss (most interesting), for Salvatore:

Post-Napoli 3-0 Juventus:
"The attacking pair? Well, Toni scored the disallowed goal, and Amauri had a good shot, he almost scored."
Post-Sampdoria 0-0 Juventus:
"We had a great performance, too bad we didn't score. Krasic? he was tired so i took him off. Amauri? He had a good game today. He ran a lot and helped his friends."
“I am still convinced that Juve are the best team in the League.
On the whole we have shown that we're a match for anyone.
I believe a lot in my group and recovering the injured will allow us to be competitive.”
Post-Juventus 0-2 Roma (Coppa):
"It’s not as if Juve get to the Coppa Final every year usually...”
Post-Palermo 2-1 Juventus, that of the non-penalty:
Reporter: "So you lost because of the referee?"
Delneri: "Absolutely, yes"
Post-Cagliari 1-3 Juventus, straight after a press silence in protest at the Palermo officiating:
“Do not forget that at Palermo we only had Martinez as a reserve in attack and he’s not really a forward. We should have Vincenzo Iaquinta back soon too, so it’s easier when you actually have strikers..."
Post-Juventus 1-0 Inter:
“We proved that we are strong both psychologically and morally.
We may suffer, but we get what we deserve. Football only works if you score goals, so it becomes rather difficult when all your strikers are injured."
Post-Lecce 2-0 Juventus:
"This match will teach us a lesson"
"Juventus can finish third"
Post-Juventus 0-2 Bologna:
“Consistency is not in our DNA. Every time we concede, it’s when we lose our concentration."
Post-Juventus 0-1 Milan:
“Juve played a different game to the ones lost against Lecce and Bologna,”
“We can get out of this crisis by welcoming back injured players like Alberto Aquilani and Simone Pepe. If we compare our quality to that of Milan, then obviously we are very inferior at this moment, but we knew that."
"Juventus have improved"
"Resignation? No way"
Post-Cesena 2-2 Juventus:
"I saw a side in good shape that was dangerous in attack. We ran a few risks, but it's only right that we allow Armand Traoré and other youngsters to play at this moment. In fact, with 10 men we defended better than with 11."
"The jeers of the fans will turn into applause later on, so let's allow them to jeer right now."
Post-Juventus 2-1 Brescia:
"I certainly have a chance to stay; I have a contract for another two seasons, and it depends on the club with which I have an understanding,"
"We are missing four or five points and this is because of injury. Without injury we would have been able to match anyone."
Post-Roma 0-2 Juventus:
“The important thing is to give it our all, then we have no control over what the others do. This is such a strange and complex season that anything can still happen. We have to be ready so that we can’t look back with regret over the points we’ve lost.”
Post-Juventus 3-2 Genoa:
“We have grown and fought hard to earn this victory. The lads did well, both today and last week against Roma."
Post-Fiorentina 0-0 Juventus:
“We fought for 90 minutes to win and did not take the opportunities that we created,”
“We worked hard and did what we had to do."
Post-Juventus 2-2 Catania:
“Paolo Bergonzi really messed it up with that free kick decision. Felipe Melo can’t chop his arm off,”
“We are penalised by situations on the field and there were six big mistakes. Catania did well, but we must point out the referee did not have a good game. He was inconsistent in his evaluations."
Post-Lazio 0-1 Juventus:
“It means we are a great team that need to find their balance."
"Juve stole nothing and fully deserved this success. In the first half we were the ones who had the clear-cut scoring opportunities. We contained their counter-attacks. Don’t forget Lazio are fourth, so it’s not easy to come here and dominate them."
“What are my chances of staying on the Juventus bench next season? 100 per cent,”
"We could’ve done better, but could also have done worse"
Post-Juventus 2-2 Chievo:
Reporter: "Gigi, a big team like Juve cannot give six chances to a small team and concede two goals."
Delneri: "Maybe we are not a big team anymore"
“My future? You’ll have to ask the club. We’ll start again now from the good things we have shown.”
“We don’t have the maturity, the calmness and balance needed to win these types of games,”
“I was pleased to hear patron John Elkann show his support, as he has clearly evaluated the effort I always put in to my work.
I have never regretted my decisions and nobody can teach me my job. We have done some good things this season, as don’t forget we are the team with the least defeats behind Milan and Inter.
It’s true we drew many games as well, but three draws or three wins cannot change the judgment on an overall campaign’s work. It would be banal.
We have completely rebuilt the squad that we started with in July and big changes do lead to big difficulties. People said I’d find it difficult to lead a group of champions, but that was not the case and I’m happy with the rapport we’ve forged.”
"We’ve worked well and have a point more than last year."
Post-Parma 1-0 Juventus:
"Two or three points here or there could have made the difference."
“Why should I resign? I won’t even consider such a thing,”
“Today we had lots of young players on the field and it’s also difficult for them to face up to a game like this."
Starting line-up (Alen):
Del Piero 36 years old
Grosso 33
Buffon 33
Barzagli 30
Martinez 28
Pepe 27
Felipe Melo 27
Chiellini 26
Matri 26
Motta 25
Giandonato 19
Delneri: “Juve will change the coach. I was informed of this and I wish good luck for whoever will take charge”
Reporter: "When did they inform you? Do you know who’s the coach?"
Delneri: “No, I don’t who he is. They informed me on Tuesday or Wednesday, I don’t remember”
Post-Juventus 2-2 Napoli:
“Am I going to Atalanta? No, to the Maldives on holiday. I don’t know what I’m going to do in future. In life when one door closes, another always opens.”
“Here the project is to win, so there was no time to construct a squad at Juventus. I thank the club for this opportunity, which has helped me to grow and I hope it can be a positive experience.
The difficult thing to deal with was a club and fans who wanted to win straight away despite many changes. The two simply are not compatible.”
“Many of the Juventus players this season were having their first experience under such a strong spotlight. In my view, all of them can have a place in Turin next season.
If you want to build a team, then it takes time, otherwise if you want to immediately challenge Real Madrid or Bayern Munich then you have to buy fully-formed stars.”
"Bad year? Maybe you expect too much"
"I don’t have to prove anything to anyone, so life goes on"
Oh and fuck all the people making fake quotes, making this much harder, especially Melo :D

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Del Neri third ‘worst’ Juve boss

Monday 23 May, 2011

Gigi Del Neri is, statistically speaking, the third worst Serie A Juventus boss of the last 35 years.

The Old Lady ended the campaign last night with a 2-2 draw against Napoli which made sure that the departing tactician would leave his post with an average of 1.52 points per League game.

If you compare those stats to those of other tacticians to boss Juventus in Serie A over the last three decades and only Gigi Maifredi and Alberto Zaccheroni picked up less.

Zaccheroni, who averaged 1.2, was appointed midway through the 2009-10 term when Ciro Ferrara struggled with a 1.6 average.

Maifredi was in charge during 1990-91 when Juventus also failed to qualify for European competition.

Del Neri will be replaced by Siena boss and former Juventus midfielder Antonio Conte in the coming days.

Fabio Capello is the most prolific points taker on the Juve bench in recent times, netting 2.3 per Serie A match.

He is ahead of Carlo Ancelotti and Marcello Lippi.

Didier Deschamps also averaged 2.3 per game, but his points were gathered in the Serie B campaign of 2006-07.

Serie A points average per game [based on three points for a win]
Fabio Capello 2.3
Carlo Ancelotti 2.08
Marcello Lippi 2
Giovanni Trapattoni 1.9
Claudio Ranieri 1.8
Dino Zoff 1.7
Ciro Ferrara 1.6
Rino Marchesi 1.58
Gigi Del Neri 1.52
Gigi Maifedi 1.4
Alberto Zaccheroni 1.2

http://www.football-italia.net/may23k.html
:lol: @ us

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)