Luigi "Vergogna" Delneri (8 Viewers)

Finish the season with or without Del Neri?

• Yes, keep Del Neri till the end of the season and then fire him

• Fire Del Neri now and replace him with someone else till the end of the season

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Del Neri: 'Impossible to win with Juve'

Gigi Del Neri blamed the media for their “damaging” effect on Juventus and warned nobody can succeed immediately here.
“Am I going to Atalanta? No, to the Maldives on holiday. I don’t know what I’m going to do in future. In life when one door closes, another always opens,” he said after the 2-2 draw with Napoli.

The Bianconeri have already confirmed that Del Neri will not see out the remaining year of his contract, as Antonio Conte will be appointed on Monday.

“It was a very complicated season with problems that kept coming up, above all injuries, so this squad could do no more than it did. The Coach pays the price, but we all gave our best.

“Here the project is to win, so there was no time to construct a squad at Juventus. I thank the club for this opportunity, which has helped me to grow and I hope it can be a positive experience.

“The difficult thing to deal with was a club and fans who wanted to win straight away despite many changes. The two simply are not compatible.”

Del Neri’s dismissal became inevitable when Juventus failed to even qualify for the Europa League, as the last tactician to miss out (apart from the Calciopoli campaigns) was Gigi Maifredi.

“After three consecutive defeats we were still in the running, but due to a series of elements we were unable to get there.

“The media went against the reality of the situation and proved very damaging for the team. We were not allowed the time to relax and concentrate.

“Many of the Juventus players this season were having their first experience under such a strong spotlight. In my view, all of them can have a place in Turin next season.

“If you want to build a team, then it takes time, otherwise if you want to immediately challenge Real Madrid or Bayern Munich then you have to buy fully-formed stars.”

Apr 15, 2006
He does have a point with the team building thing, but it's still no excuse to finish as bad, probably worse than last season, and drawing or losing to mid-table and relegation-battling clubs. still not an excuse for making bonehead substitutions and decisions. Fuck off to the Maldives!

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
Alright,this is what i really feel about you Dumbest Nerdy,sc*ew you for sticking to you sinking tactics and stinking players even in need of a change,screw you for not playing DP in favour of TONI :shocked: and for not quitting when you lost it all.

Basically you did nothing for juve that i can respect. But gook luck in the future.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
Juventus, Delneri: "Bad year? Maybe you expect too much"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Europa League is asking too much..tell us about it Del Neri

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Del Neri: 'Impossible to win with Juve'

Gigi Del Neri blamed the media for their “damaging” effect on Juventus and warned nobody can succeed immediately here.
“Am I going to Atalanta? No, to the Maldives on holiday. I don’t know what I’m going to do in future. In life when one door closes, another always opens,” he said after the 2-2 draw with Napoli.

The Bianconeri have already confirmed that Del Neri will not see out the remaining year of his contract, as Antonio Conte will be appointed on Monday.

“It was a very complicated season with problems that kept coming up, above all injuries, so this squad could do no more than it did. The Coach pays the price, but we all gave our best.

“Here the project is to win, so there was no time to construct a squad at Juventus. I thank the club for this opportunity, which has helped me to grow and I hope it can be a positive experience.

“The difficult thing to deal with was a club and fans who wanted to win straight away despite many changes. The two simply are not compatible.”

Del Neri’s dismissal became inevitable when Juventus failed to even qualify for the Europa League, as the last tactician to miss out (apart from the Calciopoli campaigns) was Gigi Maifredi.

“After three consecutive defeats we were still in the running, but due to a series of elements we were unable to get there.

“The media went against the reality of the situation and proved very damaging for the team. We were not allowed the time to relax and concentrate.

“Many of the Juventus players this season were having their first experience under such a strong spotlight. In my view, all of them can have a place in Turin next season.

“If you want to build a team, then it takes time, otherwise if you want to immediately challenge Real Madrid or Bayern Munich then you have to buy fully-formed stars.”
Can't really disagree with anything he has said.

I would just point out one thing, though: there is a rather big gap between winning something and finishing seventh, having got nowhere in two other competitions.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Good luck to him. You can't completely blame him for this season. Before our bad injuries he actually had us playing some decent football in this 4-4-2 but it seemed like as the situation got worse, so did his managing skills. Compare this team to the one that beat Real Madrid in CL just a few years ago and its no surprise that we finished 7th.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)