Luigi "Vergogna" Delneri (5 Viewers)

Finish the season with or without Del Neri?

• Yes, keep Del Neri till the end of the season and then fire him

• Fire Del Neri now and replace him with someone else till the end of the season

Results are only viewable after voting.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
You`ll probably keep your house but I just thinking if it actually happen Is he going to stay?

with 6 games left I expect this to happen
Lazio: WDLLWW which mean +10 pts 67
Udinese: LDDWWL which mean +8 pts 64
Roma: DDWLWW which mean +11pts 64
This means we need to gain 16 pts which means at least 5 wins and 1 draw only to draw points with Lazio and then the question is the head to head games and etc
If Lazio perform a bit better then its all over no matter what we do
Anyway I expect us to: DWWWDL which mean +11 pts 62

which keep us at 7th place

Hmm. Insightful. Some serious fixture crunching there. :)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I think if we finish the season out well, regardless of position in the league table, DN will be kept. The excuse will be that despite the poor performances for half the season, the team rallied around Gigi and we'll want to take that enthusiasm into next stagione. So whether we finish 4th or 7th, if we compete well and win the games we should, he'll have another season in charge.

It's a shame, but the management is always looking to take positives away from disasters. They are positivity whores.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I think if we finish the season out well, regardless of position in the league table, DN will be kept. The excuse will be that despite the poor performances for half the season, the team rallied around Gigi and we'll want to take that enthusiasm into next stagione. So whether we finish 4th or 7th, if we compete well and win the games we should, he'll have another season in charge.

It's a shame, but the management is always looking to take positives away from disasters. They are positivity whores.
I have been saying this all along, the management will not fire Del Neri no matter what position we end up with.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
I don't think we will keep him for next season. It really seems to me the board, the owners and even the current management want to change this state of mediocrity that has became a habit of late. A bright project (yeah I know, project :D) would kick off on the basis of change and the new stadium as it's base.

Maybe Im just blinded by hope since it would really be a disaster if for once since calciopoli we do actually improve.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
:agree:
He will be given another season if he don't fuckup with 0-3 scores at home these last games.

This management got a new project, and Marotta have asked for time and patience. The coach got the teams backing as well.

Personally a part of me wants him to stay as well. If we fire him, its not like we'll for Ancelotti, DD or Villas Boas. We'll go for frickin Spalletti and Mazzarri.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Luigi Del Neri was not the only one responsible for Juventus’ slump – Giuseppe Marotta
The Old Lady’s sporting director believes that the coach was not the only one responsible for Juventus’ poor form at the start of the year

Juventus’ sporting director Giuseppe Marotta is delighted with the team’s recent revival and admits that coach Luigi Del Neri was not the only one responsible for their slump in form since January.

The former Italian and European champions were in genuine contention for a place in the top four in Serie A in the first-half of the 2010-11 campaign but started to struggle after the mid-season winter break.

However, Juve now seem to have regained control and have won their last three league matches, the latest of which saw them stage a comeback to defeat Genoa 3-2 in Turin on Sunday afternoon.

Chances of Champions League qualification for next season have surged with Del Neri’s side now just six points behind fourth-placed Lazio with six more rounds of matches remaining.

Marotta is pleased with his side’s rejuvenation and is quoted by the club’s official website as saying: “Several points separate us from Champions places, but now we mustn’t give up. We should be careful and pragmatic. If the teams at the top of the table continue on their courses then recovering six points in six fixtures can be quite hard, but we have to go through with it.

“We showed great character [against Genoa] reacting to difficulties, despite the hot weather which forced us to make several relevant efforts as compared to Genoa who remained defending in their area. It was a bit hard, considering that Del Neri employed 14 players, 12 of them being new as compared to the last season.”

Trying to explain the problems the Old Lady struggled with at the start of 2011, Marotta said: “Several injuries occurred, especially of traumatic character, this originated from physical collisions or unlucky holds, such as [Fabio] Quagliarella against Parma, when the striker tore his ligaments. Anyway, modern football is extreme from the competitive point of view, the high play speed and injuries are very common. This should be taken into account when arranging a team, which should have several members.”

He continued: “Juventus fans are rightly demanding, because they’re used to achieving important goals. In recent years, they didn’t obtain the expected satisfactions, and now their patience is almost running out. Del Neri carried out painstaking work, being able to confer an identity to the group among several problems, obviously considering so many injuries.

"During this season, 13 managers have been replaced while we’ve been charged of not doing the same when the situation seemed to be critical. We were aware of the fact that our manager wasn’t the only person responsible, and now we’ve raised some positions, even if the table is not perfect.”

Marotta also believes that Juventus needed time to have their new players grooved into the system.

“In fact, we created a group with 14 completely new players, while sides ahead in the table have been made up over years,” he explained. “To build a solid team, patience and time are needed unless there is [Chelsea owner Roman] Abramovich on duty. However, this wouldn’t meet the concept of financial fair play, and a considerable placement of money doesn’t necessarily mean victory.”

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
“In fact, we created a group with 14 completely new players, while sides ahead in the table have been made up over years,” he explained. “To build a solid team, patience and time are needed unless there is [Chelsea owner Roman] Abramovich on duty. However, this wouldn’t meet the concept of financial fair play, and a considerable placement of money doesn’t necessarily mean victory.”
Del Neri is staying. Now I'm 99% sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)