Luigi "Vergogna" Delneri (2 Viewers)

Finish the season with or without Del Neri?

• Yes, keep Del Neri till the end of the season and then fire him

• Fire Del Neri now and replace him with someone else till the end of the season

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jul 28, 2002
With his latest comments inspiring anyone but the juve fans and players, DN should be sacked along with the medical staff.
No excuse for bologna or lecce. Coachs have been sacked for much less than this. As we all predicted, this juve is the image of the manager...inconsistent mid table trash.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
They didn't see he fits the project.
Yeah, thats true, he wanted to do it in 3 years, that was too soon for G-B-S

Marotta said:
Marotta: 'Del Neri is up for review'

Juventus director general Beppe Marotta admits “Gigi Del Neri is up for review. We’re trying to understand if the situation is about to precipitate.”
The Bianconeri are in crisis after a second consecutive defeat, both 2-0 against minnows Lecce and Bologna.

“Del Neri has not given signs that he is losing control this season, but we are trying to understand if the situation is about to precipitate,” said Marotta.

“The Coach is up for review, as we all are, because we are all responsible for this. We are not thinking of a pre-match training camp as punishment, but could do it to best prepare for Saturday’s game against Milan.

“The fans have every reason to complain, as Juventus must give their all. However, finding scapegoats is not right either.”

Juve are plummeting down the table and have shown an unusual psychological frailty against the smaller sides.

“I think we have a mental block, as once we concede a goal, the players get sucked into this vortex of fear and can’t get out of it,” continued the director general.

“With all due respect for Bologna, we could’ve recovered from the opening goal, but we fell apart. I see the team is totally splintered. The memories of last season are precipitating that fear and this is the result.”

For the second year running, Champions League qualification seems to be a mirage for Juventus.

“The fans expect a great deal from us and that is only right. We are not credible right now and must get back to that level. We cannot target big goals, so will just try to end the season as well as possible. Let’s not set any targets, as that could be psychologically counter-productive.

“It is inexplicable that this side can beat Milan and Inter, then drop so many points against inferior teams.”
Delneri said:
Del Neri: 'No intention of resigning'

“I have no intention of resigning,” announced Gigi Del Neri after another Juventus embarrassment.
Fans hurled abuse from the Stadio Olimpico stands after last night’s 2-0 loss to Bologna, which followed on from last week’s defeat at Lecce.

“A while back the President said he had faith in me and he has reaffirmed that,” assured the Coach.

“We are all responsible for this situation, me first of all, but I have no intention of resigning.”

The Bianconeri supporters are eager for a change on the bench and are calling for former player Antonio Conte to be considered.

“That is just love for their old playing idol, but at the moment we have to suffer together to get out of this situation.

“Juve are a very fragile side at the moment. As soon as something negative happens in the match, they no longer have the courage to get back on their feet.”

The newspapers are already looking to next season with options like current Zenit boss Luciano Spalletti, former Italy and Juventus Coach Marcello Lippi and ex-Chelsea manager Gianluca Vialli.

Jul 28, 2002
I'm fed of dn talking about juve as if he was not the bloody manager. His job is to stop shit like the last 2 games happening. IMHO he should fucking grow some balls and give the players a royal kicking. After finding the bin and putting himself in it.

kHahA

Jul 16, 2010
We had no rights to flop again-.- and what? 0:2 I dont know what to do know becouse we lost any chances to get 4 place...EL next season again and no good players again...

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Gazzetta:
Del Neri in the balance, so Milan game becomes decisive

CdS:
Del Neri, time to say goodbye

The Coach won’t quit, but he’ll go now or in June

Tuttosport:

Everybody out!

These players and Del Neri are not worthy of Juve
Worse than Ferrara and Zac

Bianconeri humiliated by Bologna, insulted by fans

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
The current management have no balls. Marotta says we wont go into ritiro, ffs if it was Moggi the players would be in ritiro (if thats what its called in italian :D) if we didnt win a game for 2 or 3 matches, let alone if we had lost consecutive games against Lecce and Bologna.

We need management that inspire fear and respect in the players and the competition, someone with balls and authority.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Questa pagina NON è UFFICIALE è solo un luogo per fans e ammiratori del più grande esperto di calcio italiano. Qualora Luciano Moggi (o chi per lui) volesse il controllo della pagina ci contatti scrivendo a [email protected]

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Gigi Del Neri admits "consistency is not in our DNA, but it’s going to be a season of desperate disappointment if we carry on like this."
Juventus beat Inter in the Derby d'Italia, but followed up that amazing result with back-to-back 2-0 defeats against strugglers Lecce and Bologna.

"Consistency is not in our DNA," confessed the Coach. "Every time we concede, it's when we lose our concentration.

"It's impossible that a side like Juventus, after a victory over Inter, can throw everything away within two weeks.

"This is going to be a very difficult season of desperate disappointment if we carry on like this.

"I simply cannot believe that I lost the entire squad in the space of 15 days, although clearly there is much to be improved. It's a shame for the fans, as they deserve something different."
Get over it you faggot, it annoys me that he keeps going on about it. It's such a small team mentality trait.

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
Get over it you faggot, it annoys me that he keeps going on about it. It's such a small team mentality trait.
This annoys me more than the bad results. Juventus was the biggest team in the world, and feared by all around the world. Now Italy's minnows no longer fear us :sergio:

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
When I look back on what I've seen over the last twenty years watching Juventus, this has to rank as the most thoughless, lacklustre and frankly hopeless squad of all.

As for replacing or keeping Del Neri or firing him even both of these options have a greater negative risk than positive potential bearing in mind that with so many in the squad just not up the mark. It's 'no win' situation either way you look at it.

To say that our situation is not too dissimilar to Liverpool might appear to be a massive oversimplification. Nevertheless, though their core squad is significantly better than ours with players like Gerrard, Reina, Sanchez, Kuyt, Carroll (eventually) and so on there are some common circumstances and, their sacking of Roy Hodgson was a result of his strategical and tactical bankrupcy combined with a complete inability to convince the players and fans that he could turn things round. In that respect we are in a very similar position but without the revenue streams to be able to act more decisively in the way that the new Liverpool owners did. Add to that we do not have a Kenny Dalglish equivalent waiting in the shadows.

Whilst I see quite clearly that the players - with the odd honourable exception or two - are showing little or no appetite for the matches, apart from ties against the best in Serie A, it seems as though we have reached the end of the road with our current manager for no other reason than that he cannot lift the players from the current slough of despond and aimlessness.

I suspect that he is now so unpopular with the tifosi as well as the players and management that measures will be taken this week to relieve him of his duties once a coherent plan has been mapped out to take us through to the end of this season. Agnelli and co will have to make some big decisions this week. The most important is highlighting a short-list of coaches to take us forward more confidently than the the Del Neri and his two predecessors whose lack of 'big stage' experience was non-existent. The short term may well have to involve either Nedved or even Del Piero taking a key caretaker role.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)