Luigi "Vergogna" Delneri (19 Viewers)

Finish the season with or without Del Neri?

• Yes, keep Del Neri till the end of the season and then fire him

• Fire Del Neri now and replace him with someone else till the end of the season

Results are only viewable after voting.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Whats up with the coaches we have and their hate for the 4-3-3? Its a great formation, Parma played it tonight, Milan played it, its a great formation. And now with Diego gone we can actually start playing it without having to think about Diego.

Buy on AliExpress.com

MeTaL_KnighT

Terran Maniac
Mar 3, 2009
Perhaps keeping both Gio and Diego while playing a 4-2-3-1 formation wouldn't have hurt after all.

Add to that the retention of Poulsen and Trez, and we might have actually gone places.

Yes!!!!

Our Ideal Formation should

------------CMF---------CMF------------

Krasic---------Diego-----------Giovinco

--------------Dzeko-----------------------

We should 3-5 goal score per match against Weak and Average teams!!!!

But look at this we are playing 4-4-2 and we played only AVERAGE !!!

I hate you Del neri and Your shit 4-4-2 system :andy2:

awit

Jan 10, 2010
It doesn't really matter what formation we use when it fits our players. 4-3-3, 4-3-1-2, 4-2-3-1, 4-4-2 doesn't matter but the coach should be able to adapt. When we have a coach that can only use one formation and needs to spend the whole mercato to buy players for that formation (even mediocre ones), you know there's a problem.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
lol to the ppl claiming that the flat 4-4-2 can be more creative than our previous options, because of those predictable crosses.
The sadest thing thougt, is that we are still tragically conceding goals from noones...

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Add Aquilani and Melo as the CMs. Even if Dzeko wasn't signed that would be a very sexy midfield.
:tup:

I wonder why us fans are always able to see the obvious yet the coaches always prefer those so called "defensive masterminds" who offers nothing like Pepe.

MeTaL_KnighT

Terran Maniac
Mar 3, 2009
awit, we must 4-4-2 playing system well, We need Looks like a Dzeko and Adebayor (very strong forwards) for goal scoring...And we need for CMF position looks like a Xavi and Xabi Alonso (Great passer)...But we aren't enough for 4-4-2 System: Quagliarella not pure CF, not very tall and Del Piero is 36...But we was have Diego and Giovinco! This players can be great for 4-2-3-1 Formation!

Sorry for my Damn Enlish :sad:

awit

Jan 10, 2010
Yes 4-2-3-1 was the obvious formation for us but we decided to get a coach that can only use 4-4-2 and replaced all our creativity with mediocrity because of that :(

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004

I wonder why us fans are always able to see the obvious yet the coaches always prefer those so called "defensive masterminds" who offers nothing like Pepe.
there are many reasons for that, personal bias and financial interests from the players agents are a few of the things that are coming in mind.
The smaller we become as a club and the more we depend on small time managers, the more we will come up against such issues, that used to be unthinkable to the old juve, of international value...

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
lol to the ppl claiming that the flat 4-4-2 can be more creative than our previous options, because of those predictable crosses.
The sadest thing thougt, is that we are still tragically conceding goals from noones...
Didn't you said that 4-4-2 is in our DNA?

MeTaL_KnighT

Terran Maniac
Mar 3, 2009
Yes 4-2-3-1 was the obvious formation for us but we decided to get a coach that can only use 4-4-2 and replaced all our creativity with mediocrity because of that :(
yes! We aren't much money for Change our Ideal Formation...But Del Neri is very stubborn!

And I Think: Agnelli isn't adept for football matters and he wasn't think Right Coach for us :disagree:

We should agreement with 4-2-3-1 Coach :disagree:

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
4-2-3-1 was very good for us just replace Camo with Krasic and the defence we bought already just add a new LB.. and a new striker if possible and tbh i wouldn't mind if it was Amauri even thought i don't like him. cause this formation was so good that the 3 players behind the striker was able to bang the goal.. miss the 5 goals matches we played last year we were the real juve for couple of matches.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004

Didn't you said that 4-4-2 is in our DNA?
i did and unfortunately it is, but it doesnt mean that i like it though.
I also crave for a bit of spark and creativity, smth we havent seen since zz and lippi.
Beside this exception, we were always the hard core defensive minded italian team.
Italians were particularly talented in that and we always plenty of them, our league demanded that and thats what used to be our strength, the field we could really master!
Capello was the last proper coach we had, after zz he turned our 4-4-2 back on and since him, the more a coach tries anything difficult the more he fails.

I believe this is where our management is trying to reboot atm.
But beeing the amateurs they are, they have misjudged a couple of things:
-the basis of the 4-4-2 effectiveness was our world class defence, the current crop of italian defenders, happen to be very very limited there.
Without this foundation of the ultra secured defence, the rest of the team will crumble!
-we actually had an alternative in the gifted diego and giovinco, they didnt failed us, the ones we hired as coaches were not lippies!

More defenders means lesser creativity, means lesser chances to score, means a need for a more prolific finisher, not yet another ss dribbler...
Hopefully they will learn this lesson, the old pragmatic juve used to dictate for years and do smth about it next year, cause this year is yet another wasted season...

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
juvejay: no i am not. what i am saying is, you tool, is that half a new team is NO excuse for performing like headless chickens.

City was an example, not a comparisson, i could get you many more examples if you want. now, i want to hear your oppinion about the Bari game and your thought on how our season will be.
City who lost to Sunderland today? My thoughts on the Bari game are: Bari very good, Juventus average. My thoughts on the season are nothing, I have no idea because it was the first fucking game lol.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Formation is not a huge issue yet,we're still in the first weeks. Even with 433 we would still get the same issues only with pepe and milos a bit more advanced and still having no idea.

I didn't like his pussy selection and subs. Alex should have never completed 90mins,the same for marchi and krasic shouldn't have started.

I can wait a bit for the fluidity of play but losiing the shape after conceding is reminiscent of last season so here is hoping its a one off.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
People are a bit obsessed with the 4-4-2 notion and formations in general anyway, it's not as if our players stayed in or will stay in that shape for match, it's not realistic. They say 'Del Neri and this stupid 4-4-2 tactic he has to play'. The only thing that is certain is that he wants to play with two proper forwards which is why Diego was sold. We won't see the best of that until our midfield figures itself out and we have a centre forward who is fit, Del Piero and Quagliarella is too lightweight in the current circumstances.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)