Luigi "Vergogna" Delneri (41 Viewers)

Finish the season with or without Del Neri?

• Yes, keep Del Neri till the end of the season and then fire him

• Fire Del Neri now and replace him with someone else till the end of the season

Results are only viewable after voting.
Aug 17, 2007
The twin towers or to be more accurate the 4-4-2 old fashioned style works in the league when you have solid full-backs and flanks and of course someone like Trezeguet in the box. Del Neri has none including his brain which is even worse.
:agree:

As I added later:
"This coach is so stupid...4-4-2, no matter what. Well, today Allegri really teached him a lesson. Too bad our management don't learn anything. Get rid of this coach FFS!!!"

:)

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
The thing I'm wondering about is WHY they think Del Neri is our future? What makes them think that he can lead this team to where we're suppose to be? Cuz as far as I know, this man doesn't have the experience or the reputation to do lead successful teams.. I would have understood keeping him around if he was Ancelotti, Lippi or Capello cuz you know that those guys are capable of leading a successful team but Del Neri has none of that.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
He could at least tuck his hand inside his coat to go for a more Napoleonic pose.

The thing I'm wondering about is WHY they think Del Neri is our future? What makes them think that he can lead this team to where we're suppose to be? Cuz as far as I know, this man doesn't have the experience or the reputation to do lead successful teams.. I would have understood keeping him around if he was Ancelotti, Lippi or Capello cuz you know that those guys are capable of leading a successful team but Del Neri has none of that.
I believe the thinking was that he would do a similar job to Ranieri: give a solid season or two to get Juve into the CL, give time to assemble a decent squad, then be replaced when Juve were ready to make the step up to actually try to win something.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
There is no true trequartista in a 4-4-2.
You could drop the second striker behind the main striker, and that second striker usually should be capable beating defenders one on one, and passing. A trequartista would be way better off than an another main striker. Del Neri is incompetent for having two strikers with similar characterstics. We need someone to work off our main striker. The only one capable of doing so is Del piero

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
You could drop the second striker behind the main striker, and that second striker usually should be capable beating defenders one on one, and passing. A trequartista would be way better off than an another main striker. Del Neri is incompetent for having two strikers with similar characterstics. We need someone to work off our main striker. The only one capable of doing so is Del piero
Del Piero is too slow to be of any great use.

All he would do is increase the chances of Juve scoring from a set-piece.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
Del Piero is too slow to be of any great use.

All he would do is increase the chances of Juve scoring from a set-piece.

but none of Toni, Iaquinta, and Matri are capable of creating chances for others. They are probably good off the ball, but not much with the ball. Having any 2 of the mentioned 3 is just a recipe for disaster

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
which could have been crucial tonight since we had 5-6 FK in 1st half, and about 3 corners
I've no problem with Del Piero playing as long as Juve use an appropriate gameplan i.e. base the whole game on getting the ball high up the pitch and winning freekicks.

Just don't expect Del Piero to do anything much in open play.

but none of Toni, Iaquinta, and Matri are capable of creating chances for others. They are probably good off the ball, but much with the ball. Having any 2 of the mentioned 3 is just a recipe for disaster
Iaquinta is a bit different in that he can actually move well of the ball and open up the pitch for other to take advantage of.

Matri doesn't convince me.

Toni is what he is. If you play him, you have to commit to long ball and consistently get players close to him to take advantage of the high balls he wins.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
I've no problem with Del Piero playing as long as Juve use an appropriate gameplan i.e. base the whole game on getting the ball high up the pitch and winning freekicks.

Just don't expect Del Piero to do anything much in open play.

Iaquinta is a bit different in that he can actually move well of the ball and open up the pitch for other to take advantage of.

Matri doesn't convince me.

Toni is what he is. If you play him, you have to commit to long ball and consistently get players close to him to take advantage of the high balls he wins.
I agree there, Iauinta's running off the ball is more superior, but he is working less and whining mopre these days. On his day, he is way better than Toni and Matri, and both are compatible to play next to him. Are any of those capable of slicing defenders with a nice pass or turning a defender in and out? Obviously no, we need a striker that is comfortable of having the ball on his feet, somebody like Aguero to play next a mian striker that can run off the ball and confuse defenders, and catch them out of position.
Toni is expired, doesn't work as hard as he should. If you play him the long the balls, then you expect him to hold it and attract defenders, but he doesn't have anything left in the engine. He looks outclassed, outworked. and out of place out there. Matri doesn't convince me too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)