Lucas Piazon - Midfielder/Forward - Sao Paulo (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Cant we invent some time machine and send him in the future so he can turn 18, get his italian passport, sign a contract with us, and then bring him back so we can play him tomorrow against Roma?

I know thats what Moggi would have done

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
No, Jack, he cant join us until summer, because he wont turn 18 in 5 days, nor will he get an italian passport in that time. Hence, we can get him in the summer at earliest.
Thus my question. From now until the summer something will happen and cancel the deal OR he will not get an Italian passport and consume our only non-EU spot.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Seems just matter of time, the passport thing, players have gotten passport quicker with less basis, as not really having italian heritage as this kid does (italian govt are pretty liberal with that, italian blood gets italian passport). Dont think we need to worry about that part. More of making sure its our deal and our deal alone they will be listening to.

Jul 13, 2010
Seems just matter of time, the passport thing, players have gotten passport quicker with less basis, as not really having italian heritage as this kid does (italian govt are pretty liberal with that, italian blood gets italian passport). Dont think we need to worry about that part. More of making sure its our deal and our deal alone they will be listening to.
And if he'll join us in summer, then it doesn't make sence when he'll get his passport if it's before August 31

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Thus my question. From now until the summer something will happen and cancel the deal OR he will not get an Italian passport and consume our only non-EU spot.
Once the deal is agreed he is our player, then a transfer date is set (June 30th for example). It's when you go to register the player for the season that the non-EU quota comes into play. He'll have an Italian passport by then anyway. In the unlikely scenario he doesn't get one in time, we don't register him to our team and most probably do a deal to loan him to a smaller side who will play him or we keep him in our Primavera for half the season until the January window opens.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Only if you have a parent are you guaranteed a passport, but it can be claimed as far back as great-grandparents I believe, as long as there is a direct line. As Piazon still retains his name I'd say his was unbroken.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I can't recall which player Juventus got and gave him an Italian passport. If I remember well Camoranesi had the Italian passport from the Verona days. Inter on the other hand are known to give their players an Italian passport really fast and knowing how much we are "in good terms" with country officials, I am simply not sure he will get one and therefore I am afraid we will consume our only non-EU post on a player that most likely will be loaned until he wears out.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I wouldn't worry about it Jack.
Why not? You told me not to worry about Hiddink not coming and we all know what happened.

It has been said not to worry about Dzeko and we all know where Dzeko is playing now.

It is now being said that Neymar is a done deal and no one should worry about it.

Now this Piazon seems like the deal is really made but why not worry about him not getting the Italian passport? If the officials want to complicate things for Juventus they can easily do that. We all saw in what conditions the one non-EU player rule were created, wasn't it at the exact same time Juventus almost sealed Krasic and Dzeko?

I am not one that worries but apparently we are ending up swimming against the tide recently.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Can we purchase/sign him, so that he is ours, but not register him on the team until he has a EU passport and old enough to leave Brazil?

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Yes, let us do that and the FIGC will sue us for scam yet close an eye to what Milan did with Boateng.
Yeah but I was thinking about letting him stay at Siena for 6 months and get him in Summer which is different with what Milan did.

Many hypothesis.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #437
    Why not? You told me not to worry about Hiddink not coming and we all know what happened.

It has been said not to worry about Dzeko and we all know where Dzeko is playing now.

It is now being said that Neymar is a done deal and no one should worry about it.

Now this Piazon seems like the deal is really made but why not worry about him not getting the Italian passport? If the officials want to complicate things for Juventus they can easily do that. We all saw in what conditions the one non-EU player rule were created, wasn't it at the exact same time Juventus almost sealed Krasic and Dzeko?

I am not one that worries but apparently we are ending up swimming against the tide recently.
    The rumour about started some months ago and it was said he was waiting for his passport to arrive. I don't think it takes years to get one. Here it's pretty easy to get it and Brazil have many people of Italian origin so I don't think it would be that long to get it. The club must know that and maybe that's why he's here for the last couple of days.

Maki Roll

May 22, 2009
    Can we purchase/sign him, so that he is ours, but not register him on the team until he has a EU passport and old enough to leave Brazil?
    I think that's what has been said today. At least that's what FIFA agent Durante says. Seems we have an agreement with Sao Paulo, and maybe even with the player/his parents. But still, dunno.

Piazon was is Turin?..
    According to media and gurus he is. On his twitter account, a user told him today, that he has seen someone who looks like him today in turin. He (Piazon) answered: Must have been me, haha. (according to google translator) Can't say if he's being sarcastic there, lol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)