Luca Toni (82 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 7, 2007
From the man himself. Regarding Toni & others.

Cobolli Gigli: I'd love Cannavaro, Zambrotta back with Juventus
February 19, 2007

Juventus president Giovanni Cobolli Gigli admits he'd like to bring Fabio Cannavaro and Gianluca Zambrotta back to the club next season.

Cannavaro has struggled at Real Madrid and has been linked with Napoli and Chelsea since the New Year. His situation is in stark contrast to Zambrotta's at Barcelona, where the fullback has settled quickly at the defending European champs.

"Cannavaro and Zambrotta remain strong in our hearts," said Cobolli Gigli. "It would make me very happy to see them again in a Juve shirt. But this will be very difficult."

The Juve supremo also admitted that Fiorentina ace Luca Toni was in their sights: "Someone of Toni's quality is a player that we dream of signing. For now, I know that he has stated he wants to concentrate on this season's championship. We respect his professionalism."

---------
It doesn't sound like Canna & Zambrotta burnt any bridges with the team, according to Gigli.

And he does admit Toni was in their sights. Toni is being respectful to his team & doesn't want to talk about possible offseason tranfers, which isn't a bad idea.

Gigli also mentioned a while back that he's interested in Gilardino too, but that it would be very hard to pry him away from AC Milan.

Anyways, it's encouraging to hear that Juve intends to make so signings to really improve the team (mainly defense). There's no way we can get ALL of these guys, but a select few could make a huge difference. :agree:

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Unfortunately, there is too much talk coming out of the Juve camp .. :sob:

"We want him and him but not him and in 5 years time we'd love to do this and that" ..

I'm getting sick of it. One thing is when fans speculate about the future, but why do the club directors have to be like this? It's unprofessional and extremely irritating.

La Triade kept their mouths shut and just did the deals...

Jan 7, 2007
:agree: .... and has serie A experience. I think it may be a good move for him, but Secco must make it clear to Milan, that we are NOT giving them Gigi, or anyone else that is vital to our team!
Buffon trade to Milan?? Never!!

Seriously, that would backfire on us so bad it's not funny. Gila can be had for less than Buffon. His trade value isn't exactly sky rocketing because he's having a tough season over there. It'll be difficut to get him, but we have to draw the line with Buffon.

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
Unfortunately, there is too much talk coming out of the Juve camp .. :sob:

"We want him and him but not him and in 5 years time we'd love to do this and that" ..

I'm getting sick of it. One thing is when fans speculate about the future, but why do the club directors have to be like this? It's unprofessional and extremely irritating.

La Triade kept their mouths shut and just did the deals...
They were pro.....I miss them:cry:

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Juventus begint zich al duidelijk voor te bereiden op de terugkeer in de Serie A. De ploeg die dit seizoen in de Serie B een straf uit moest zitten, door de grote fraudezaak in Italië, is gestart met het verbeteren, openbreken en het maken van nieuwe contracten. Op deze manier probeert de club topspelers naar De Oude Dame te halen en de huidige topspelers te behouden.

Foirentina-spits Toni heeft volgens de laatste berichtgeving een vierjarig contact aangeboden gekregen van Juventus. De spits zou in Turijn een jaarsalaris van
circa 8 miljoen gaan verdienen.

www.soccernews.nl

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In short, it says Juve has offered Toni a 4-year deal worth 8Million/year.
It doesn't say how much we would offer Fiorentina for the player.
Also this site isn't the most reliable around so let's see if other sites also come forward with this news or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 81)