Luca Pellegrini (16 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I know he isn't great, but I don't recall Alex Sandro doing much other than directly gifting goals last season.

Allegri tried his hardest making Pellegrini his starting LB, and he was awful majority of the time, in belongs in Serie B and has no clue of the basics level. It tells you everything you need to know the goal gifting brain farts Sandro won back his spot despite Allegri not liking him. MDS was most effective LB last season, says it all.

Sandro has 6m wage and zero chance to move him in the 3 weeks left of the mercato. But Pellegrini its easy to move him on. We just need to do it.

Unless he does a Bernardeschi and conveniently gets injured in the final weeks of a transfer window. Berna perfected that art past summers.

- - - Updated - - -

Same whenever a player is injured/not selected or a young player who isn't playing. People seem to have bizarre memories of their ability and what they bring and suddenly want them to be playing.

We had people calling for Soule to be starting last season :lol:

Yep, exactly.

Soule is one of the most anonymous and invisible type of wing talents I seen in years. He rarely does anything in the time he gotten in this pre-season, and few late subs last season. Completely uninspiring.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 16, 2020
Then almost every time we do, this guys is bad? Like does people here have gold fish memory? what does he do at any acceptable level? except eagerly run in straight line and try to cross more then Sandro. Everything else he feels like a Serie B level. He cant defend, and he miss passes alot.

Atleast Sandro who we expect way more from, and has been awful, is both better defensively, and has more solid ground game in terms of technically being adept at maintaining teams pedestrian possession approach.
Not true. He did oké every time he started, but somehow Allegri keeps trusting Sandro why really shows us the bottom of the sea in terms of performances. The end result is quite obvious, Sandro won’t leave as he considers himself as a starter here.

The formula is easy: bad players + playing time equals players not wanting to leave

And honestly, even if Pellegrini will never reach the level of Sandro’s best days, why should we continue giving a old defender on 6m wages the advantage over a young player who comes of his first year here.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
Few guys here are “obsessed” with young players,and they think Allegri doesn’t start them because they’re young,but the truth is Allegri doesn’t start them because they’re fucking trash , like this guy .

I also have 0 expectations for Fagioli too , he didn’t look anything special during preseason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 23, 2011
Hot take: I’m actually of the opinion that Allegri sincerely doesn’t give a fuck about age, as long as the player is mature and good enough they’ll play. See Kean when he was 17, Pogba, Miretti last year, and most likely Fagioli this weekend.

I can’t think of players that Allegri didn’t play because of age, left and went on to be superstars somewhere else.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
Hot take: I’m actually of the opinion that Allegri sincerely doesn’t give a fuck about age, as long as the player is mature and good enough they’ll play. See Kean when he was 17, Pogba, Miretti last year, and most likely Fagioli this weekend.

I can’t think of players that Allegri didn’t play because of age, left and went on to be superstars somewhere else.
This 100% , some Juve fans (not in this forum) were asking for more playing time for Soule (because he got a call from Argentina) , but that guy is built like a 15 y old kid , and doesn’t look anything special.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014

you bring up Miretti last year but Allegri didn’t play him until he absolutely had to. Pogba was already established when Allegri took over. And don’t forget how he treated Coman.

Oct 23, 2011
you bring up Miretti last year but Allegri didn’t play him until he absolutely had to. Pogba was already established when Allegri took over. And don’t forget how he treated Coman.
Miretti kept his spot even after everyone returned from injury - confirming that if Allegri thinks a player is ready, he plays him, regardless of age. Of course, Pogba had a great first year here but he took a huge leap in quality under Allegri as well.

Coman didn't fit because we played a winger-less formation back then, and had Tevez and Morata leading us to a CL final. I never really cared about his departure.

Point stands that the narrative that Allegri doesn't trust youth is simply wrong - I am yet to hear a name that set the world on fire after they left because they weren't given any chances here. We played all youngsters this summer (especially the 3 in midfield) and those good enough will stay and play.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Miretti kept his spot even after everyone returned from injury - confirming that if Allegri thinks a player is ready, he plays him, regardless of age. Of course, Pogba had a great first year here but he took a huge leap in quality under Allegri as well.

Coman didn't fit because we played a winger-less formation back then, and had Tevez and Morata leading us to a CL final. I never really cared about his departure.

Point stands that the narrative that Allegri doesn't trust youth is simply wrong - I am yet to hear a name that set the world on fire after they left because they weren't given any chances here. We played all youngsters this summer (especially the 3 in midfield) and those good enough will stay and play.
its not wrong when there’s really no examples of him trusting youth. You say you have yet to hear a name of someone that exploded elsewhere (Coman is one btw, so is Spinazzola) but I have yet to hear a name of one young player that launched and established himself under Allegri at Juve. He’s got the opportunity now with Rovella and instead he’s gonna get loaned out and get replaced by an older more expensive player.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Not true. He did oké every time he started, but somehow Allegri keeps trusting Sandro why really shows us the bottom of the sea in terms of performances. The end result is quite obvious, Sandro won’t leave as he considers himself as a starter here.

The formula is easy: bad players + playing time equals players not wanting to leave

And honestly, even if Pellegrini will never reach the level of Sandro’s best days, why should we continue giving a old defender on 6m wages the advantage over a young player who comes of his first year here.
Lol Pellegrini was easily as bad, if not worse than Sandro. The only difference being he gave a shit whereas Sandro looks like he no longer does. Both are trash. We need to be setting our sights far higher if we ever want to be a top club again.

You have some weird player fetishes. Arturd and now Pellegrini lol

Jun 6, 2015
its not wrong when there’s really no examples of him trusting youth. You say you have yet to hear a name of someone that exploded elsewhere (Coman is one btw, so is Spinazzola) but I have yet to hear a name of one young player that launched and established himself under Allegri at Juve. He’s got the opportunity now with Rovella and instead he’s gonna get loaned out and get replaced by an older more expensive player.
Bentancur, Morata and Kean at Juve, El Shaarawy and De Sciglio at Milan are the main ones that come to mind. He even gave plenty of time to youngsters like Stu, Rugani and Lemina to show what they've got.

Jun 16, 2020
Bentancur, Morata and Kean at Juve, El Shaarawy and De Sciglio at Milan are the main ones that come to mind. He even gave plenty of time to youngsters like Stu, Rugani and Lemina to show what they've got.
Morata already had a year at Real Madrid.

But in Allegri's defense, its useless giving time to youngsters if the talent isnt there. It certainly wasnt in our primavera before and most likely neither at Milan. Lets see this year with Gatti, Fagioli and Miretti. Indications are poiting towards the positive direction.

Btw valueing experience over talent isnt some flaw. Teams build with mostly younger players usually aint the teams who win the league or CL. But in our specific situation we're dying for some young blood and it seems that both the coach and the board are realising that.

It would be very contradicting for Bini aswel. Cant see him building the youth for years and suddenly ignoring it. A new era is probably about to begin regarding playtime for youngsters

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
#Juventus have already given the green light for the departure of Luca #Pellegrini on loan. Expected today a call between Eintracht and Pellegrini’s agents to try to reach an agreement on the salary (€2,7M). #transfers

Jun 6, 2015
Morata already had a year at Real Madrid.

But in Allegri's defense, its useless giving time to youngsters if the talent isnt there. It certainly wasnt in our primavera before and most likely neither at Milan. Lets see this year with Gatti, Fagioli and Miretti. Indications are poiting towards the positive direction.

Btw valueing experience over talent isnt some flaw. Teams build with mostly younger players usually aint the teams who win the league or CL. But in our specific situation we're dying for some young blood and it seems that both the coach and the board are realising that.

It would be very contradicting for Bini aswel. Cant see him building the youth for years and suddenly ignoring it. A new era is probably about to begin regarding playtime for youngsters
True. Morata was a top talent but he truly established himself as staring player for a top club under Max. He only had sporadic game time at Real previous to that.

In teams that fight for top honours and titles coaches pick players based on what they think will give them the best results in the short term. Clubs that value player development over results look for longer term sustainability with player sales being important source of income.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)