Luca Marrone (9 Viewers)

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Soon as he's 100% fit i'd be playing him unless he's utterly broken. Need to really be careful, the Marchisio scare was bad enough. Our best players should only be making cameo's at this point to maintain form.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Poor kid.

He had potential, but got too little playing time with Conte (playing as a SW is kind of idiotic for him).

Than he was constantly injured for 18 months now. Injuries really fucking his development.

Nov 17, 2012
We should give him a run in the upcoming match since we've already tied up the serie A. it would be nice to rest Marchisio and Vidal, keep them fresh against RM since they need to put it all on the table in La Liga to keep up with Barça. A Midfield of Pepe--Marrone--Sturaro would be interesting to see, of if he's fit use Asamoah, move Sturaro to the other side and play Pepe as RB to rest Licht, since Caceres is unable to relieve him at this point. We must rest our key men, Real are going to throw everything at us at the Bernabeu, and we must be prepared and manage fatigue levels for any possible extra-time scenario.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
This game may be a little too soon for him, but I'd expect some minutes from him before the season ends. A relapse now (for him or Romulo) would be awful.

Nov 17, 2012
Also Pogba came in in 2012 and took "his" CM spot, which was a major reason for him being played in SW in the first place.
That said, Conte and even Allegri have stupidly used Padoin as a CM replacement at times. Which has only served to further hinder Marrone's development, which is a shame too because he had much more potential.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
That said, Conte and even Allegri have stupidly used Padoin as a CM replacement at times. Which has only served to further hinder Marrone's development, which is a shame too because he had much more potential.
Well, wasn't he injured throughout the season basically anyway? Was it even an option to field him instead of Padoin?
Regarding the others comments, I too hope to see him before the season ends. I won't have high expectations but if he seems reliable I wouldn't mind keeping him in the team as a backup player. Provided he won't be injured for the rest of his stay.
Edit: I was of course talking about the Allegri era, I agree he should have been given more minutes as a CM under Conte.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Meh, I've never really rated him that much. And in games where there was something at stake, I feel much safer with Padoin than with him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)