Luca Marrone (1 Viewer)

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
I still don't know why you say he couldn't break into Sassuolo's midfield. He was injured for a long time last season and seemed to play when fit.

I wasn't really sticking up for him, just presenting the facts.
He wasn't injured for 8 months lol, He had like 3 decent games, and has done nothing since. Even if he did break into Sassuolos midfield (Which he clearly did NOT) it still means very little. So the fact that he didn't impress at a relegation fodder club at 24 says it all so he shouldn't really be discussed any more.

Buy on AliExpress.com

AlexOB

Apr 2, 2014
He's had a difficult year tormented by injuries, he's a DM, he played in a shit club. How did someone expect him to break the world there is beyond me.

We all should know by now that he's not a champion, but he can be a nice squad player, he's already been in 2011-12 when he was very very young and played some great matches. We loaned him out in a little club just to responsabilize him. Plus, he's homegrown and young.

AlexOB

Apr 2, 2014
I seriously doubt that we'll play the 3-5-2 next season. Therefore Marrone will rightly return at CM. Originally the idea of playing him as a sweeper in 3-5-2 was not terrible, if he had the time to adapt, but he had not and we couldn't provide him that. For that reason he's had some blunders, cause he's not a true defender, but his ability to recover the ball and give it away immediately in that part of the pitch was to be appreciated. Even if, TBH, we could see it only in Coppa Italia matches and few more. Once also against Celtic, in return leg, IIRC.

GrecoJuve

May 19, 2014
I would keep him in squad. He can be a CM,DM,CB. Very good option for depth. Surely he is not that will all imagine years before, but he is better than Padoins and Pelusos.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I actually remember him doing rather well deputising as sweeper. In any other formation than the 3-5-2 he of course has no business anywhere else than in the midfield.

jakku7

Jun 29, 2011
He lost one year because of his stubbornness and obstinacy, he left us because he wanted to prove himself as a central midfielder, while Conte saw him only in the role of vice-Bonucci. He could be a good ball-playing CB, especially under Conte patronage, he will never be top-notch CM.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)