Luca Marrone (6 Viewers)

Gallo

Better than Matri
May 30, 2012
I see opinion that his future should be decided after the season. Also comparing him being sold or sent to co-ownership, which bothered me a little. So my post is completely normal reply to yours and apparently there is nothing I misunderstood, I don't have to reply to every single bit of your post to prove that I read it correctly.
But yeah, if co-ownerships are more close to selling than to loans just because you're not writing posts in Matri's thread like I'm, that's fine with me.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
Give this kid the Giovinco treatment. He is nowhere even close to being ready to play midfield for us. Looked like a lost pup in the woods.

Send him on loan for two seasons.

May 22, 2007
When you said the Giovinco treatment, I was expecting a wave of abuse.

Yeah he needs to go out I reckon, today you saw how timid he was. Needs a bit of a kicking to get himself into football again.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Teammates weren't passing him the ball. Preferring to go up the wing to marked men. Tells you all you need to know about his role at this club.

Decent young player. Might turn out quite good but he's not ready yet.

May 22, 2007
Teammates weren't passing him the ball. Preferring to go up the wing to marked men. Tells you all you need to know about his role at this club.

Decent young player. Might turn out quite good but he's not ready yet.
He wasn't moving. Such an obvious thing as well, because you could see him amble along.
@Klinsmann, you know he needs to move.

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
He wasn't moving. Such an obvious thing as well, because you could see him amble along.
@Klinsmann, you know he needs to move.
Where is he supposed to move? He is a regista. He's giving outlets to the players on the wing, forming the last part of the triangle between the CB and the wingback.

He was open more than Pirlo is when he gets the ball.

Teammates just don't trust him. Can't blame them really. Ignoring him hurt us overall, our build up was predictable. Same balls going forward every time.

May 22, 2007
Where is he supposed to move? He is a regista. He's giving outlets to the players on the wing, forming the last part of the triangle between the CB and the wingback.

He was open more than Pirlo is when he gets the ball.

Teammates just don't trust him. Can't blame them really. Ignoring him hurt us overall, our build up was predictable. Same balls going forward every time.
I don't think you're getting me here. Like most teams that play Juve now, they have a player following the designated regista around, even if that wasn't the orders for today, Marrone made it look like he was being marked. Even when Pirlo had that he moved deeper towards the centre halves to open up the space behind him, and basically used himself as a magnet to drag around players on the pitch. Sometimes he'd make enough space for himself to collect a pass and play football. Pogba doesn't move around quite so much but niggled at players a lot more, and sometimes darted around to receive possession. Marrone stayed at a jog when the ball was with Juve, he watched the rest of the team play most of the time and it made it easier for the player on him (Hernanes/Mauri, seemed to switch a couple of times).

The rest of the team don't pass to unfamiliar faces a lot of the time anyway, sure, you're not wrong. As I said, timid approach.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
2 things.

A - he has been messed around with too much tactically...vice-Bonucci/Pirlo/Marchisio and all that bullshit.

B - he is not that good right now anyway, let him earn his stripes first.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
It was like he had never played the regista role before. He had no idea where to position himself when the defenders had the ball. In the end, Bonucci started just ignoring him and taking the ball into midfield himself.

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
I don't think you're getting me here. Like most teams that play Juve now, they have a player following the designated regista around, even if that wasn't the orders for today, Marrone made it look like he was being marked. Even when Pirlo had that he moved deeper towards the centre halves to open up the space behind him, and basically used himself as a magnet to drag around players on the pitch. Sometimes he'd make enough space for himself to collect a pass and play football. Pogba doesn't move around quite so much but niggled at players a lot more, and sometimes darted around to receive possession. Marrone stayed at a jog when the ball was with Juve, he watched the rest of the team play most of the time and it made it easier for the player on him (Hernanes/Mauri, seemed to switch a couple of times).

The rest of the team don't pass to unfamiliar faces a lot of the time anyway, sure, you're not wrong. As I said, timid approach.
I see what you're saying. I just think he thought he was open *enough* to receive a pass. I think he was open enough to get a ball that he could at least one touch somewhere and relieve pressure. Every time we'd go up the wing, he'd be open for at least a one touch to a safer area but our wing backs preferred going straight up the pitch or straight back. It was frustrating. They got closed down so easily. Our player was never switched. Horrible in that regard.

I think they just didn't trust him enough to make that successful one touch somewhere or to turn his man and open play. I think Marrone has played in games where he was just as open as he was today and he's received the ball. For sure, Pirlo receives balls when he is much tighter marked than Marrone today.

It's possible he could have done more to make himself even more available. It actually would have been nice to see such a hunger. I know on one occasion the entire middle of the field was empty and Bonucci lept straight into that area (which was really impressive).

I would say, though, he was mostly ignored. But I do agree with your overall thoughts.

It's obvious he's not there yet. Perhaps he's ok in smaller games.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
It was like he had never played the regista role before. He had no idea where to position himself when the defenders had the ball. In the end, Bonucci started just ignoring him and taking the ball into midfield himself.

the last time he played that role he was awful too.

he's an all-round CMF, thats it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)