Luca Marrone (3 Viewers)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Can I ask how you know this?

I don't want it to seem like I'm picking on you, but it looks like you always agree and always have a justification for whatever Conte, Marotta and the mgmt. do. And if they made an opposite decision, you would somehow justify it too. Now I'm not doubting Conte, but it's okay to disagree or question some of his choices.
Wel, every time i see padoin, i get a bit annoyed by how limited he is as a player. He's not even that good in pure defensive skill.
However, imo his only real attribute is that he can manage the space on his wing rather well. when he plays, take a look at the players on his flank, they rarely get possession in open space, unless he misses his pass, wich sadly happens.

Giac, its a simular thing. massive workrate, and altho clearly not as talented as marchisio or even pogba to close gaps, his constant running and harassing is rather decent.

Thing is, playing marrone would be viable... if there wasent pogba. Conte wants a tactically sound midfield, with enough experience. This you can see by that he has IIRC never played more then 1 youngster at once in his centre mid.

SO basically, he replaces Pirlo with Pogba, as the creative force in the midfield, wich is a safe choise considering the serious defensive talent he has. and then protects it with a tactical positionning player like padoin, and a harrasment runner like giac.
This resembles our starter mid a bit, where pirlo is the creator, marchisio is the tactical player, and vidal is harassing. the obvious diffrence is the many other skills our starters excell in compared to the very limited giac&padoin.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I dont know how tactically adept Giac is, but what i know is that he has offered nothing but mistakes the last few times he has appeared for us. IM pretty sure that we can at least throw once or twice Marrone into the fray instead of giach to see how it goes... because i cant just buy that excuse that giach harrasing makes up for everything he does wrong. Nowadays, i sincerely prefer padoin over giach.

Anyways, marrone is alright in technical skills and seems to be an intelligent player. Now, Marrone is been trained as a defender... so i dont think he has no idea how to defend on the midfield.

I just think there are no excuses not to play him more often instead of giach.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)