Luca Marrone (2 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
How about keep him and allow him to work his way into the team over the course of a couple years, training with the mainstays of the team so that he becomes one? Ever fucking thunk of that idea before screaming, LOAN HIM, LOAN HIM, LOAN HIM?

I agree, although I think that the loan in the first full season outside of the Primavera is not a bad idea, the problem arises when clubs start to offer co-ownerships of player or full fees, the club sees it can make some quick money and we don't see the player for too long afterwards.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Going to make his breakthrough this season. Heard it here first...and will probably only ever do so here.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I agree, although I think that the loan in the first full season outside of the Primavera is not a bad idea, the problem arises when clubs start to offer co-ownerships of player or full fees, the club sees it can make some quick money and we don't see the player for too long afterwards.
Why is it a good idea? Do these loans guarantee playing time for our youngsters? No, they do not.

You send a kid like Iago away on loan for the year and he spends his time with Bari Primavera. I'm not entirely certain, but I think he'd get better training at Juve even if he doesn't play any games. I'm sure those Bari primavera matches are real nail biters. :rolleyes2

Cut out the loans, keep the kids with us.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Why is it a good idea? Do these loans guarantee playing time for our youngsters? No, they do not.

You send a kid like Iago away on loan for the year and he spends his time with Bari Primavera. I'm not entirely certain, but I think he'd get better training at Juve even if he doesn't play any games. I'm sure those Bari primavera matches are real nail biters. :rolleyes2

Cut out the loans, keep the kids with us.
- No player is guaranteed to play, at any club
- We already have 35 players who train in the first team, including selected Primavera players
- We had 20 players on loan last season, perhaps you think they should all train with the first team squad, so our coach has to work with 55 players at once?
- Subsequently, from both a logistical and technical perspective, loaning to Serie B or C instead of training with other young players at Juve is a no brainer
- You use Iago as an example, when you know very well his was an extreme case, just to suit your strange logic that players don't play and it doesn't benefit them to play against experienced, physical players in lower leagues;

Albin Ekdal - 25 games, 1 goal (Serie A)
Raffaele Bianco - 34 games, 1 goal (Serie B)
Salvatore D'Elia - 17 games, 1 goal (LPPA)
Luca Castiglia - 1 game (Serie B), injured, returned to Juve
Marco Duravia - 19 games (LPPA)
Riccardo Maniero - 31 games, 12 goals (LPPA)
Andrea Pisani - 21 games (Serie B)
Stefano Di Cuonzo - 33 games, 1 goal (LPSC)
Cristian Pasquato - 29 games, 2 goals (Serie B)
Oussama Essabr - 19 games, 1 goal (LPPA)
Luca Lagnese - 18 games, 1 goal (LPPA), 11 games, 1 goal (LPSC)
Alessandro D'Antoni - 27 games, 3 goals (LPPA)
Samon Reider Rodríguez - 28 games, 5 goals (LPPA)
Nicola Cosentini - 15 games, 1 goal (LPPA)
Yobie Bassoule - 9 games (LPSC)
Carlo Vecchione - 7 games (Ligue 2)
Dario Venitucci - 29 games, 3 goals (LPPA)
Ayub Daud - 11 games (Serie B), injured, 16 games, 5 goals (LPPA)
Sergio Almiron - 27 games, 5 goals (Serie A)
Iago Falqué - 0 games (Serie A), returned to Juve
Lorenzo Ariaudo - 9 games (Jan 10) (Serie A)
Cristian Molinaro - 17 games (Jan 10) (Bundesliga)
Tiago Mendes - 18 games, 2 goals (Jan 10) (La Liga)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)