Luca Marrone (8 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Juventus snub bid for Marrone
By Football Italia staff

Juventus have reportedly rejected an offer from Atalanta for the services of Italian Under-21 international Luca Marrone.

Marrone, 22, is a promising midfield player yet he was restricted to just three League appearances during 2011-12.

Atalanta are understood to have made an enquiry for the midfielder earlier this week, but their interest was rebuffed.

Despite his lack of use over the last 12 months, Juventus boss Antonio Conte is an admirer of the Azzurrini regular.

Conte kept him in Turin last summer after working with him at Siena during the 2010-11 Serie B campaign.

Cagliari have also been paired with a bid for the player who was born in Turin back in 1990.

Marrone stays.

---------- Post added 01.06.2012 at 10:16 ----------

:dielaugh:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Between Vidal, Marchisio, Pirlo, Asamoah/Nainggolan, Giaccherini and Padoin - I don't see where.

He could have gotten time this year when one of the MVP was out, but even Giaccherini was opted before him.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
the 3 muscheteers and him as the first sub for vidal/marchisio. add verratti and another primavera kid and that manure player and we're settled.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Maybe, but look at it this way - a player in a position we need for one we pretty much don't.

I think Marrone has a good future with us whatever.

Peluso is hardly a player we need. He's a Pazienza or Padoin type transfer. Average to mediocre; jack of all trades, master of none. Fuck versatility if it implies you're not really good at one position, and pretty meh at all of them :D

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Between Vidal, Marchisio, Pirlo, Asamoah/Nainggolan, Giaccherini and Padoin - I don't see where.

He could have gotten time this year when one of the MVP was out, but even Giaccherini was opted before him.
Padoin & Giaccherini are not better than Marrone.

That's why.

May 22, 2007

Then why wouldn't Conte accept a loan to a different club then? There were opportunities to loan Marrone out last summer as well but it never happened, and he was kept in January despite clubs asking. If Conte is refusing to let him go in this window then it's likely there is a plan to use him more, surely. I've repeated a lot of times in this thread that for such little game time he's remained impressive as a Juve player, and not out of his depth at all.

Sorry to Padoin, but I don't know how such a plain player could bench potential for much longer. Giaccherini also leaves a lot to be desired despite being more useful and a different type of central midfielder.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
What Salv said. Whenever Marrone has played, he's been one of the better players out there. Padoin is pretty useless and Giach is very hit and miss.

Just a matter of Pirlo playing all the time.

Can't wait for CL!

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Then why wouldn't Conte accept a loan to a different club then? There were opportunities to loan Marrone out last summer as well but it never happened, and he was kept in January despite clubs asking. If Conte is refusing to let him go in this window then it's likely there is a plan to use him more, surely. I've repeated a lot of times in this thread that for such little game time he's remained impressive as a Juve player, and not out of his depth at all.

Sorry to Padoin, but I don't know how such a plain player could bench potential for much longer. Giaccherini also leaves a lot to be desired despite being more useful and a different type of central midfielder.
The question is indeed "why wouldn't Conte accept a loan to a different club".

He should have been loaned out in January IMO. I think he'll still be behind Giaccherini and Padoin in the ranks next season.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Marrone to consider Juve options
By Football Italia staff

Luca Marrone admits that he has no idea whether he will stay with Italian champions Juventus for the 2012-13 campaign.

The 22-year-old made six appearances for the Old Lady this term, but his desire for first team football may see him move on.

“It is still too early to talk about my future,” he told calciomercato.it. “Obviously I want to play with more regularity, so we’ll have to see whether that will be at Juventus or somewhere else.”

The Italian Under-21 international returned to Turin in the summer at the request of Antonio Conte – the Coach who bossed him at Siena in 2010-11.

“I owe a lot to Conte,” he added. “It was he who asked for me to be kept at Juventus. He was always close to me, even when I didn’t play and he offered me precious advice.

“I grew a lot on a professional and human level over the course of the past season. I’m happy and proud to be a part of the project.”

Marrone has been linked with loan moves to Atalanta, Genoa and Palermo over recent weeks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)