Luca Marrone (12 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He has a better shot than Marchisio but a similar aggressive style, just not as much of a dribbler. Hopefully he gets games as I think he can come good too.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
All I know is the kid is great. Handles himself well in midfield and comfortable on the ball as well as some sexy distribution. He played well today, Call me crazy but a Marchisio-Marrone CM area would give me a boner.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The good thing about him is that he has the physical size to make an impact even as a young player, he puts himself about but can also play the ball and he has a better shot than our other central midfielders, with the exception of maybe Melo. I still think he could be in our squad longer term.

Guys like Rossi, Yago, even Giovinco, we have seen that talent is one thing but being able to make the grade physically is another part. Smaller attackers like that also have to be able to take the hits and have the body strength to wriggle through challenges or make space for themselves.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
The good thing about him is that he has the physical size to make an impact even as a young player, he puts himself about but can also play the ball and he has a better shot than our other central midfielders, with the exception of maybe Melo. I still think he could be in our squad longer term.

Guys like Rossi, Yago, even Giovinco, we have seen that talent is one thing but being able to make the grade physically is another part. Smaller attackers like that also have to be able to take the hits and have the body strength to wriggle through challenges or make space for themselves.
:tup:

You could see yesterday, even if only a friendly, he's really strong for his age, he never got bullied around. I'm glad he got a lot of playing time. I hope to see him and maybe Ekdal in the next game against Viola.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Marrone has a very husky frame...on top of that his passing was stellar along with his confidence and control of the ball was great during the friendly. I really hope to see at least two CMs sold this year to make way for him and make funds for another winger or defender (or striker). I wouldn't mind seeing us get rid of Tiago, Poulsen and Sissoko to be honest...and bring back Marrone as a starting CM or back up to Melo.

And to be honest Melo seemed to choke often when he had the ball and marrone seems to compose himself much better than Melo which is why I am suggesting this. There is no reason why he can't get a solid shot in preseason and make a position for himself in the lineup.

Oct 8, 2009
I think we'll see when Del Neri takes over if he's still used or instantly shipped to Siena. This is one of the guys I'm curious to see how Marotta and DN decide to use, because I think it gives a good indication of our whole market strategy.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I think we'll see when Del Neri takes over if he's still used or instantly shipped to Siena. This is one of the guys I'm curious to see how Marotta and DN decide to use, because I think it gives a good indication of our whole market strategy.
You're right I think to ponder this. If we ship off some midfielders to raise funds we have a solid young player to use right away, Marrone.

I'm just guessing here but sell Sissoko for 15m, Poulsen for 8m, and Tiago for 7m...that's an easy 30m to buy a bad ass winger or two younger ones that will be big in a few years. I think personally that Marchisio and Marrone could be fantastic for a 442...a very solid midfield center that both work extremely hard, can track back when needed, can pass well and will only get better and pretty good vision though we still could improve in that respect.

That's why what you said caught my attention. If we use him and bring Ekdal back, we have Melo as a major foundation with Marchisio and maybe even Candreva to switch formations.

Goodness gracious we would save so much on damn wages just with this move that we could afford to buy a big name and pay him 5m a year at least.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)