Luca Marrone (1 Viewer)

Apr 15, 2006
Marrone will emerge, say Juve
By Football Italia staff

Juventus insist that the capture of Simone Padoin from Atalanta won’t affect the development of Luca Marrone.

Midfielder Padoin arrived from Bergamo this week and there are fears that he’ll now hinder the growth of Under-21 international Marrone.

“These considerations are unfounded,” director general Beppe Marotta underlined. “Antonio Conte always selects the best XI available to him.

“Marrone is an excellent player who can illustrate his ability. Given that he is so young, this experience will help his growth.”

Marrone, born in Turin, has featured in two Serie A games this term and two in the Italian Cup.

He returned to Juve in the summer after a spell at Siena last season under now Juve boss Conte.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
:tuttosport:

I don't remember this club ever coming out supporting the growth & development of one of its young stars. Or actually responding to concerns such as the Beppe did in this article.

:touched:

I, Hustini, told you so.

In before Klin: :cookie:

Next, we are waiting to hear from Sal:

Sal, your thoughts?

May 22, 2007
:tuttosport:

I don't remember this club ever coming out supporting the growth & development of one of its young stars. Or actually responding to concerns such as the Beppe did in this article.

:touched:

I, Hustini, told you so.

In before Klin: :cookie:

Next, we are waiting to hear from Sal:

Sal, your thoughts?
It's good to see Marotta being positive about Marrone, but this has nothing on what Conte had to say about him.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Hustini, honest question, what is with you and all the youth, it seems you would love it if our starting 11 would consist of 9 youth products or any guy who's less then 22 years old and Gigi + DP :p

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Hustini, honest question, what is with you and all the youth, it seems you would love it if our starting 11 would consist of 9 youth products or any guy who's less then 22 years old and Gigi + DP :p
:sergio:

Obviously I don't want 9 youth players in the lineup, I want 10.

In all honesty? OK...I have beef spending mad amounts of money on players that can't offer this club anything more than what "some" of our younger players would...examples:

Immobile:Boriello
Marrone: pazienza & Padoin
Sorensen:Bonucci
Criscito:Grosso & Molinaro
Giovinco: pepe, Krasic, Elia, & Giach

Those are just some examples. Now, when you begin taking into consideration the fees we paid for players like Elia(9m), Krasic(15m), the potentional 8m of Boriello, and all of their wages...it really pales in compairison to the little wages we could have paid for those younger players to stay (minus Marrone, since he is still here). Bonucci was a 15m flop, and now this Padoin Texas Chainsaw Masacre worth 5m for 5 year contract.

Get my point? The players I mentioned could have offered us more than the ones on the right, plus saved us loads of money to buy WC players.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
While I agree to some extent, I think that players like Boriello is way above Immobile, and bonucci is a bad example really, at first everyone were panicking about baragli would have been a better example - an old guy playing like shit for couple of seasons and taking the spot of the young ones. Grosso well, he didn't turn out well.

While I agree that Gio situation is akward, and would have loved to see Sorensen given a go, but will wait and see on that one, since as we can see it all went really great with Marchisio and loan spell from the club.

We have a perfect example of Arsenal even with a decent manager. All youth and no end product.

One thing is to try out young players and let them develop and totaly another trust them and depend on them if you want to challenge for trophies.

Can't even think straight, going to bed.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
While I agree to some extent, I think that players like Boriello is way above Immobile, and bonucci is a bad example really, at first everyone were panicking about baragli would have been a better example - an old guy playing like shit for couple of seasons and taking the spot of the young ones. Grosso well, he didn't turn out well.

While I agree that Gio situation is akward, and would have loved to see Sorensen given a go, but will wait and see on that one, since as we can see it all went really great with Marchisio and loan spell from the club.

We have a perfect example of Arsenal even with a decent manager. All youth and no end product.

One thing is to try out young players and let them develop and totaly another trust them and depend on them if you want to challenge for trophies.

Can't even think straight, going to bed.
When we first got promoted from Serie B..we still had plenty of WC players on this team to let the youth seed grow and flourish, and we spent A LOT of money the last 4 years that haven't really gotten us anything but two 7th place finishes. This year, finally, we have done well. It's too bad though, because I think Giovinco would have brought this team the last 2 years A LOT if he was given some actual playing time and not a game here and some minutes there like we did to him.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Yep I agree that Giovinco would have been useful, but it's not up to the management of just replacing him in his case, but coaches didn't want to use him. Though I think we wouldhave kept Gio and with the same circumstances, coaches and etc. he wouldn't have made a big impact too. We didn't lack one player, we lacked ideas and identity.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Yep I agree that Giovinco would have been useful, but it's not up to the management of just replacing him in his case, but coaches didn't want to use him. Though I think we wouldhave kept Gio and with the same circumstances, coaches and etc. he wouldn't have made a big impact too. We didn't lack one player, we lacked ideas and identity.
Giovinco would have given us plenty of ideas. Players like Krasic, Pepe & Boriello won't be giving us any ideas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)