LOTR/ROTK - extended version DVD (1 Viewer)

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
I think I have stated my mind about the movies long ago..

I think they are one of the greatest movies in the last few years.. it has many advantages, but the most important one is that they introduced Tolkein's work to the world, you would be amazed how many people did buy the books after they saw the movies..

but, it could have been far better, as you said, if they stayed closer to the books..

about the Hobbit.. I heard they'll do it, but it is not official yet.. but, I think they will not be that true to the book.. they will skip something.. otherwise it would be too long.. don't you think..? and the idea of a talking dragon who can manipulate the mind of his opponent, won't be that acceptable.. unless they do it exactly as it is in the book..

Buy on AliExpress.com
Aug 27, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Gandalf ] ++

where exactly..???
LOL ur not going to belive this but its this store called park n shop ..I got it for 300Dhs i think if im not mistaken i remeber asking him if he got the two towers laast year and hes like noo we dont!
but i was surprised they had it and Virgin didnt get it

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
park n shop..?? I'm not familiar with the name.. where is it exactly..??

and yes, I assumed that if virgin didn't get it.. then it's not available..

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
I agree that it was a bit stange of PJ to have Aragorn kill the Mouth of Sauron, but I still loved the scene. the Mouth of sauron was bloody brilliant. and yeah, the death of saruman was rather lame

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Roverbhoy ] ++
Well people, saw it on Friday.

Some of the extra bits added and improved the cinema version, but other bits made me shake my head in disbelief at what I was watching.

Any views from the Juventini?

I just got that DVD version, and I completely cant compare it to the cinema version, guess what? I dont remeber the cinema version at all, I'm losing my memory :dazed:

OP
Roverbhoy

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
  • Thread Starter #30
    ++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++

I just got that DVD version, and I completely cant compare it to the cinema version, guess what? I dont remeber the cinema version at all, I'm losing my memory :dazed:
    Wish I'd never seen the cinema version and just went straight to the EVDVD.

Glad the whole thing happened though...it's been a great ride over the last three-four years...hats of to Newline and Jackson

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Roverbhoy ] ++

Glad the whole thing happened though...it's been a great ride over the last three-four years...hats of to Newline and Jackson
    yeah, I missed all the excitement that happened in every december before the premiere of the movies..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)