Lost talents (1 Viewer)

Alex

May 1, 2004
Recent ones i can think of:

Tudor- you all know how it is...

Denilson (as someone already said) always been a fringe player for brazil but never anything more, has exceptional skill

Riquelme- was in my eyes the next maradona

Veron- after early success has faded dismaly

Djalminha- ever seen this guy play?

Kanu- pre-arsenal was great talent

i'll think of more later

OP

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #46
    This isnt a DP thread you know, and I dont want it to become one, but I have to agree with Gray, DP hasnt been indispensible for either Juve or Italy. If he wasnt Juve captain, he would of been dropped long ago. Do you really believe that your best strike force is DP and Trez? Or DP and Zlatan? Its unlucky, because it was an injury that ruined his carear, but he's never been the same, and never will.

Why is Matteo Brighti a lost talent?

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
    This isnt a DP thread you know, and I dont want it to become one, but I have to agree with Gray, DP hasnt been indispensible for either Juve or Italy. If he wasnt Juve captain, he would of been dropped long ago. Do you really believe that your best strike force is DP and Trez? Or DP and Zlatan? Its unlucky, because it was an injury that ruined his carear, but he's never been the same, and never will.

Why is Matteo Brighti a lost talent?
    Actually.. I think DP-Trez is still Juve's best stiking force. In the 01-02 season and lots of the 02-03 they were pretty good together. Last season was terrible beacause they both had lingering injuries, and the team was rotated too many times. This didn't even allow DV and Miccoli to settle in.

But I do agree that DP has been very inconsistant after 98. He also never regained his old form, but he has been important (though not as much as Nedved).

OP

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #49
    Are you saying he has been important enough, that at times when he deserved to be dropped he wasnt? Miccoli should of been give his chance!

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    Are you saying he has been important enough, that at times when he deserved to be dropped he wasnt? Miccoli should of been give his chance!
    Last season DV, Miccoli and Maresca should have all played more. DP Helped the seasons before but, he should have made more room for DV and Miccoli last season given that he was off form and he ruined DV's goof form streek.

Zlatanfan

Oct 12, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
    the biggest lost talent is the whole team of spain over the years. all that potential and never won anything
    and what about holland? Ok, they won in 1988 but after that the period of the penalty shoot outs came:

1992 (european championship sweden) semi final against denemarken: Van basten missed and we lost 5-4
    1996: (european championship england) quarter final against france: seedorf missed and we lost 5-4
    1998: (semi finale World Championship france) We lost 4-2 after cocu and ronald de boer missed.
    2000 : We were the great favourites after beating yugoslavia 6-1 in the quarterfinals. IN regular time kluivert and frank de boer missed a penalty. In the shoot out only kluivert scored. Frank de boer, Paul Bosvelt and Jaap Stam missed.

ok ok this year we finally won a shoot out against sweden. :)

OP

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #53
    Yeah, sorry Zlatanfan, but I was so happy when we beat Holland in 2000! If it wasnt for France!!!

Why could the Juve coaches of injured Treze before Euro2000!

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    Yeah, sorry Zlatanfan, but I was so happy when we beat Holland in 2000! If it wasnt for France!!!

Why could the Juve coaches of injured Treze before Euro2000!
    Are you italian nicole?

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    I dont know about Kluivert. Arent lost talents players that could have succeed big, but never did? IMO, Kluivert had a fantastic career, playing for Ajax, Milan and Barcelona, winning the CL and many other titles.

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    I dont know about Kluivert. Arent lost talents players that could have succeed big, but never did? IMO, Kluivert had a fantastic career, playing for Ajax, Milan and Barcelona, winning the CL and many other titles.
    He had a good career with Ajax, and then despite the success of his team, played like crap for Milan and Barcelona.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)