Lost talents (1 Viewer)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Potentially a lot of players have fallen by the way side some have actully done more than others but you still regard them as great though u know they coulda been greater like Dp, Gascoigne, Fowler, Becks

Way to many italians fall into category of talents that have come to very little like Carbone, Morfeo, Locatelli, Lentini, Barone, etc

De la Pena shoulda been huge, Mendietta was awesome, Farinos showed great promise as did Lopez and the guy now at Barcelona whose name escapes me

Harry Kewell has almost completely lost his way

Recoba bags of potential

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

I couldn't help myself :)

Del Piero is one of the best examples ever of a player not reaching his potential because of factors outside his control
That's correct but though DP never fulfilled his true potential he still was a great player. He could've been greater but was still great.

Riquelme was hyped up to be the next best thing to come out of Argentina. He still has time but he was a massive disappointment at Barca.

Recoba is so damn naturally talented and if he was more consistent he would be one hell of a player. I expected more from Morfeo and Ventola. Mendieta was superb at Valencia but failed in Italy. Gerard was good at Valencia as well but doesn't play regularly for Barcelona. Claudio Lopez is another guy who excelled with Los Che but never refound that form when he moved on.

There was so much talk about Matteo Brighi but that has amounted to nothing. Like Del Piero, injuries have kept Tudor from being as good as he could have been. Djalminha was huge at one point in time with Depor.

I'm not sure if this one goes under lost talents because it could simply be due to age as Rivaldo went from being one of the best players in the world to sitting on Milan's bench to Cruzeiro to Olympiacos.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Erkka ] ++
I suppose that nobody has mentioned Oliseh yet, he was actually promising for awhile...
anyone remember the cracker he scored at WC98? :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)