Lost talents (1 Viewer)

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Was thinking about this recently, who do you think are the biggest players to fall at the wayside, players that could of been great but because of other things have fallen. I suppose there could be an argument of say, for example Paul Gascoine, but they could be youngster who were brilliant to begin with. As Juve fans, I am sure you all have great experience of this! ^_~

Buy on AliExpress.com

Len

Feb 13, 2004
Why do u think Gazza is a lost talent.....he was very successful at Lazio and the only reason he's like this now IMO, is because he's past his prime and getting old.....

OP

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #7
    Gazza could still be at a great club, if he hadnt of thrown it away, fact is he was dumb, and threw away everything, from possible being the greatest player of all-time, to be being 'ex player-coach' of Boston...I rest my case!

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by _Emerson ] ++
    Yeah but it will take some time, and by then Juve has already won some more scudettos and maybe the CL trophy ;)
    yeah, and thanks to Roma's superb financials, the others will buy their best players before Roma wins anything... :D

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
    You mean...like De Rossi signing a new contact?

No, i was more thinking in the paths of Totti and Cassano leaving, and unless Roma learns how to run a club properly then the same thing will happen with De Rossi and co. in the future.

By the way were is Emerson, Samuel and Zebina? :howler:

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by _Emerson ] ++

?
    he got the potential to be greatest player that ever lived, then came the game against Udinese... :frown: He never lived up to his potential... :down:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++

shit,now you've done it gray,another thread into the wastebasket:D
    I couldn't help myself :)

Del Piero is one of the best examples ever of a player not reaching his potential because of factors outside his control

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    well i must say i agree.

to a lesser extent,ronaldo is also a lost talent in my opinion.yes he's still a great forward and still plays well,but if it weren't for those horrible injuries he'd be the best forward the world's ever seen in the last three decades,at least in my opinion.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    true, but people aren't exactly gonna look back on his career and think "poor bastard, such a waste of talent" in the same way they will with Del Piero :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)