Lost in Translation? (1 Viewer)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Juventus' disgraced director general Luciano Moggi has explained how he protected the orphaned Turin giants.

The 70-year-old, currently banned from football for five years for his involvement in the Calciopoli scandal, has described his former role at the Bianconeri as parental.

“I looked to defend a business that, in practice, had no parents. Gianni and Umberto Agnelli died and Juventus were left without a father or a mother.”

The Agnelli's were synonymous with La Vecchia Signora and Italian public life as leaders in the nation's industry and politics.

“We didn't have the funds because shareholders weren't putting money into the club and we didn't have the television on our side. We were a step behind the others,” Moggi lamented.

“RAI was of Roma and we won't speak of who Sky and Mediaset belong to. We had to make do with what we had and look strong even if we weren't.”

Moggi then took to defending his own actions while in control of the club, giving a revealing insight into life at Juventus under the old Triade regime.

“I was arrogant, but it is not a crime. I have never had saintly custodians nor have I ever looked for them, let's just say I was a naive person who grew up.

When I arrived at a certain level, they began to snipe at me from all angles. I didn't understand why but it made me grow even more,” added Moggi.

The former railway man also launched a veiled attack on today's players, branding them greedy and using their status to force terms on the clubs.

“Players are more cultured now. Alessandro Del Piero more than anyone, but also Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Patrick Vieira and Pavel Nedved would devour books.

“If you don't give them what they ask for, and at times you simply can't, they hit you at the first opportunity. They want to command, but they are employees,” he griped. “
In the management of this psychological aspect, Inter would definitely be bottom of the table,” added Lucky Luciano.

I do not know if that is lost in translation but Moggi seems to be implying that Dp and Nedved only stayed for financial reasons.

I am not sure what his motive is for this particular outburst but to imply that Dp more than anyone held the club ransom.

He could be talking about something else but I cannot see any other way you can hit a club apart from in the pocket. Now while in the past some have labeled those that have left mercenaries, Moggi is implying that the sole reason the ones we branded heroes stayed was because of the money.

I just hope that as usual the senile old goat wants to be in the spotlight as if true it does not reflect well on Dp and co.

Buy on AliExpress.com

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
These were rumours about Del Piero leaving the club during Moggi's last years with the club.Milan and Bologna(or was it Sampdoria?) were linked with a move.But that could have been because of Capello too.

I have a feeling that Moggi would have sold Del Piero had a concrete and good offer been made at the time.This isnt something that im blaming him for though,as Del Piero wasnt in great touch at the time.These rumours were around during the summer of 2004 or 2005 if i recall correctly(Del Piero hit top form in the very next season).Yes,Moggi denied these rumours,but we arent talking about Mr.Honesty here.

Though having said that,can the players that Moggi has mentioned be blamed for being driven by money?After you become big,you become superstars,big companies pay you massive bucks for sponsership stc..you will ask for more money.Its natural.Everyone wants money.You wont be a footballer all your life,and players wouldnt want to make as much money as possible to leave a good life as long as possible after they retire.Its just like a regular profession.You'd want your employer to pay you big bucks.I dont believe that players,especially in this day and age,would stay at clubs out of sheer love and nothing else.Money is a factor,and it will be an even bigger factor in the future.But Its not something negative.Its something very natural.You could be Maldini,Raul,Totti,Del Piero,Viera..you could be club icons,you could love your respective clubs with all your heart..but you wont play for them if you arent paid what you're worth.This is the world we live in.

Jun 13, 2007
Moggi is a pathetic little fag . I have always been the one that has attacked Moggi in the past and I will continue to do so . I don't care who he has bought for Juve in recent years, he is a corrupt prick who used Juve as a way to make money and nothing else , Juventus was a buisness to him . He had no love for the team or the club , his words obviously suggest that even more . I feel bad for those who can't see that .

Bar the Calciopoli/Farsopoli argument . The guy doesn't give a shit about Juve , he just used the team to get what he wants . Now , he comes out attacking Juve's own players , not any players but Del piero and Nedved who have stayed with Juve even in serie B . If these players were greedy like Moggi states than why the fuck would they play in Serie B and accept paycheck deductions ? That fucking moron got us into a mess and just walked away , yet he doesn't have the dignity to just hide and not assiciate his filthiness with our club again . Why people still like this guy is beyond me .

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Denco, is this article from Goal.com?

Please post the source because this reminds me of another bad article from you know where.

OP
denco

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #7
    Andy it is from channel football italia as i never go to goal.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    I don't know If Moggi really stated that. But in case, thats in case he said that he better shut the fuck up. Players like Del Piero and Nedved gave this club 10x the next Luciano Moggi would/will never give.

Plus, what kind of players are they to hit from the back and stay in Serie B with the team? and commit themselves to Juventus even when there was rumors about us being sent to Serie C.

Anyone and not only Luciano Moggi, but anyone questions, Nedved Camoranesi Buffon Trezeguet and specially Del Piero's loyalty to the team is simply a retard.

Jun 13, 2007
    I don't know If Moggi really stated that. But in case, thats in case he said that he better shut the fuck up. Players like Del Piero and Nedved gave this club 10x the next Luciano Moggi would/will never give.

Plus, what kind of players are they to hit from the back and stay in Serie B with the team? and commit themselves to Juventus even when there was rumors about us being sent to Serie C.

Anyone and not only Luciano Moggi, but anyone questions, Nedved Camoranesi Buffon Trezeguet and specially Del Piero's loyalty to the team is simply a retard.
    Exactly .

Anyone who gives a shit about Juve wouldn't talk that way about Dp and NEddy , like I said before , he has no love for Juventus . He's just cares about making money . Where was Moggi when we were in B ? Hiding . Where was Alex and Neddy ? They were right there on the pitch trying to restore Juve to its rightful place . How he even brings up their names just disgusts me .

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    Indeed.

Seriously, how would someone even brings up their names and question their loyalty. Even if he was pointing at figures, Del Piero and Nedved were the first players to accept pay cuts to their wages.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)