Losing to prevent your rivals from winning the title (1 Viewer)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Indeed Lazio fans were chanting for their team to lose to Inter on the last day of the season some 4-5 years back when we won the title, historically Lazio enjoy closer relations to Internazionale and Juventus were the token "bitter rivals".

That aside in my opinion its an idiotic way to deny others of a title, titles should be rightfully determined by results from meaningful and fair competition, not team politics.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Indeed Lazio fans were chanting for their team to lose to Inter on the last day of the season some 4-5 years back when we won the title, historically Lazio enjoy closer relations to Internazionale and Juventus were the token "bitter rivals".
That aside in my opinion its an idiotic way to deny others of a title, titles should be rightfully determined by results from meaningful and fair competition, not team politics.
Lazio could not give 2 hoots if we won the league. Remember Roma could have won the league on that day too if we and Inter had lost and that was what their fans did not want

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
the only situation in which i would want this is if it was inter who were gonna win the title
really?you would like Juve to lose to stop inter winning the title?

just out of curiosity, which team would you let win?
fiorentina?milan?roma?they all hate us as well

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
really?you would like Juve to lose to stop inter winning the title?

just out of curiosity, which team would you let win?
fiorentina?milan?roma?they all hate us as well
I dont like any of them either. But with the way things are going i would be happy with any team winning the Serie A that isn't Inter. I wouldn't want any of those teams to win the Serie A but you could say they are the 3 lesser of 4 evils.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)