Lorenzo Ariaudo (14 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Defenitely for loaning him out. I dont know about you guys, but the fact he hasnt played A SINGLE SECOND this season makes me worry for him. Total utter waste of time for him, in a vital stage of his career, needs precious gaming experience to grow as a player.

Yes we might be in a tight pinch if we get too many absences, but so far not too much of that, and even if there is, he will be last to use, dead last in the entire squad (prolly not goog enough, but doesnt deserve the leper treatment). I rather he plays with a good Serie A club like Cagliari and gets playing time (hopefully becomes starter quickly), grow as a player, show he is good enough if he is, and then come back and play with us after showing he is worth of giving a chance in his loaning spell (as Marchisio did for example), instead of totally wasting him for half a year like it has been so far (I'm not saying he should have played much at all, but given a chance now and then instead of not even on the bench AT ALL).

So yes, be fickle and against loaning for the heck of it. But I for one think its good he is getting loaned and be getting actually game time.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Defenitely for loaning him out. I dont know about you guys, but the fact he hasnt played A SINGLE SECOND this season makes me worry for him. Total utter waste of time for him, in a vital stage of his career, needs precious gaming experience to grow as a player.

Yes we might be in a tight pinch if we get too many absences, but so far not too much of that, and even if there is, he will be last to use, dead last in the entire squad (prolly not goog enough, but doesnt deserve the leper treatment). I rather he plays with a good Serie A club like Cagliari and gets playing time (hopefully becomes starter quickly), grow as a player, show he is good enough if he is, and then come back and play with us after showing he is worth of giving a chance in his loaning spell (as Marchisio did for example), instead of totally wasting him for half a year like it has been so far (I'm not saying he should have played much at all, but given a chance now and then instead of not even on the bench AT ALL).
So yes, be fickle and against loaning for the heck of it. But I for one think its good he is getting loaned and be getting actually game time.
Logical and in the best interests of both club and player, mate...He is behind every other defender in the squad, and whilst Ciro is coach, he isn't going to play...so heading to a competitive team where he at least has a decent chance of playing, is preferable to rotting in the reserves.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Exactly, I dont get this automatic strong/reactionary stance against loans in general just because its a loan, and with little regard for what it means in this sitaution itself or how its warranted.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Exactly, I dont get this automatic strong/reactionary stance against loans in general just because its a loan, and with little regard for what it means in this sitaution itself or how its warranted.
Probably a hit at me, which in itself is not warranted, if you want to talk about what needs to be addressed.

Tell me, when have I not provided reasons against loaning players? I do it all the time. Folks may not agree with my opinion, but hey, I don't really care about that.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
There is no guarantee whether he will play Serie A matches at another club. Do not speak with certainty when such a matter is not certain. Do not speak with certainty in saying that he will receive proper coaching, better than what he will receive at Juventus. because that is probably not the case from a technical, individual level. The certainty when it comes to loans is that the team he is shipped to only cares about immediate results, not long-term success, so be prepared for possible failure to weigh down on the player even more. Another certainty is that if he ever comes back to Juventus (talk about uncertainty), he will probably be playing in another system under different managing techniques.

Getting Serie A appearances isn't the only thing important in player development. Most of the time such methods only help with confidence and experience, one of which can be shattered pretty quickly out there, especially being benched at clubs like Catania.

But hey, this is coming from a guy that knows nothing about the game and hates loans for no apparent reason.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Probably a hit at me, which in itself is not warranted, if you want to talk about what needs to be addressed.

Tell me, when have I not provided reasons against loaning players? I do it all the time. Folks may not agree with my opinion, but hey, I don't really care about that.
There goes that desperate for attention and recognition ego of yours once again, teeth, rearing its ugly head...there are a fair few regular ANTI LOANERS on these boards. Not just you.

I have read YOUR points, and others, in defence of the ANTI LOAN stance, and it makes sense, but at the same time, so does the stance that Osman and myself take.

At the end of the last season, Ariuado had some playing time on pitch, and looked like he had potential. Many of us had hopes of his prospective integration into the squad this season, which simply hasn't happened, despite the devastating slump in form of Cannavaro, in recent months, the continued hapless ineptitude of Legro and Chiellini's injury.

It makes NO SENSE for cagliari to want to pay money, towards his wages, if they have no intention of playing him. That is beyond contention. So we must assume that they have an intention of playing him. Which makes it a certainty, that his chances of playing will be improved at Cagliari.

Our major loans this season thus far have been a mixture of abject failure and mild success. Iago for example, despite injuries, has merely moved primaveras...whereas Ekdal has all but cemented a starting berth in the Siena team, and looked decent enough against US when we played them, especially for someone so young playing such an important central role.

So, I will ask you, teeth, do you see Ekdal's loan as a total failure????

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Funny thing: I agree with both Andy & Osman/our resident poet in this case.

If he stays with us he'll probably get about as much playing time as Chimenti and that's not going to do him any good.
On the other hand, if he goes to Cagliari there is absolutely no guarantee he'll actually set foot on the pitch. We all know how reluctant teams are in Italy when it comes to playing youngsters, even more so when it's defenders you're talking about.

As I said before, the weird thing in this entire situation is that Ariaudo can't even earn a spot on the bench when all other CB are out / on the pitch. I really wonder why.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
There goes that desperate for attention and recognition ego of yours once again, teeth, rearing its ugly head...there are a fair few regular ANTI LOANERS on these boards. Not just you.
No, there aren't. It was quite obvious Osman was referring to either Hustini or myself, because he's made similar posts towards us in the past. You probably wouldn't know that, but it's still a pretty weak opening argument to your post.

So, I will ask you, teeth, do you see Ekdal's loan as a total failure????
It depends on whether he actually comes back to Juventus and finds a spot in the team along with good form. But unfortunately, the probability of that being the case is less than the chance of him falling deep into the depths of the loaning/co-ownership Black Hole.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Whats this about not gurantees about starting for Cagliari? There are no gurantees, he is supposes to fight for his spot and earn his keep like anyone else, like Ekdal has who has become excellent starter for them. But the things, what waits for Ariaudo if he stays put? another half of the season where he doesnt get to be on the bench at all, let alone play a single second other then primavera stints. Cagliari are interested in him and he will get a chance there, their CBs are Astori and Lopez, they are going to lose Canini to Lazio prolly, and there are ample opportunity to get minutes there, especially as often as Astori gets suspended or is unavailable.

I mean, whats the downside in it? He is not wanted whatsoever by our coach and wont get to play zip, in Cagliari he has good chance to and which is what he needs to grow as a player.

And this hysteria against loans arent restricted to you and Hustini anymore (hence not referring to you, but the last 2 pages), but the knee-jerk reaction against any notion of loans seems to be widespread, just as how every youngster is overrated and assumed to be good enough for Juve and should play above senior players. I get wanting them to get a chance, but its overdone quite bit too often.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Legro and Canna have been shit recently? Why don't we give this kid a chance before loaning him out? It's not like we have an array of options @ CB; and most definitely, with the exception of Chiellini, none of them are world class.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
I would gladly see him given a chance in our first team, even as a late sub. But this is not looking at all likely if he stays with us. Even when our centrebacks are playing like two legged donkeys, Ciro still doesn't roll the Ariuado dice...

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Sucks.

I don't know why couldn't we give him a shot. He was good every time he played and he's no worse than current Cannavaro and Legro.

I don't like this move.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Cagliari are eager to make the signing permanent and in fact announced they have Ariaudo on loan with an option to buy at the end of the season.(football-itaLia)

I'm shocked. He is the ONLY truly young defender we have who has played very well in his very brief outings for the first team. To give them the option of buying him is a fucking joke...Has this been confirmed????

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Official: Juve's Ariaudo to Cagliari

Saturday 2 January, 2010

Cagliari have signed young defender Lorenzo Ariaudo on loan from Juventus, but it could lead to a permanent move.
The 20-year-old had already been close to joining the Sardinians in the summer, but the deal fell through at the last minute.

Now that the Bianconeri are out of the Champions League and Ariaudo has barely played all season, the club opted to release him.

However, there are already reports that this is more than a mere loan spell to gain Serie A experience.

Cagliari are eager to make the signing permanent and in fact announced they have Ariaudo on loan with an option to buy at the end of the season.

“Ariaudo will start training sessions with Cagliari from tomorrow,” read a statement on the club website.

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
GODDAMNIT!

And then it'll become a co-ownership, and then he'll choose Cagliari, and then we'll lose him as we're losing Criscito
Well done SUCKO

I can't believe this, he didn't even get a chance, and I bet he'd do better than Canna and Legro :S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)