Lorenzo Ariaudo (2 Viewers)

Juve Libnan

Jun 20, 2007
Maybe he had a dumb ass coach that would never give him the proper guidance, position, or chances.
thats true..ranieiri wa a fukin moron

but you're also forgetting the wage factor

how do you loan out players that have established themselves like chiellini and tiago with their much higher wages than that of ariaudo's

and if im not mistaken chiellini did go out on loan to LIVORNO in his early days

i mean were loaning him out to a serie a outfit as opposed to players like kieron gibbs who was loaned out to a championship team last yr and yet he came back and arsenal fans rave about him

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
That is Arsenal. People all across Italy rave about balo and santon. They Rave about Gio, its not because they were loaned.

I wasn't considering the wages. It was an example I was basing off of "experience". We don't loan our players to championship teams like Gibbs was, we loan our players to below average and bad teams. Wasn't Chiellni loaned before we got him from Fiorentina. Regardless, he still makes amateur mistakes, so you could argue that maybe he should have stayed at HIS team and learned from HIS coach instead of being loaned out to Livorno.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Going to bed...post your replies....I will be back after I get some rest to respond. Peace Libnan

Juve Libnan

Jun 20, 2007
dude im not saying killini should be loaned out...hell hes one of my fav players but he also had the blessing of playing alongside defenders like cannavaro in his prime,thuram,zambrotta and ferrara

ariaudo is unproven on any level as far as im concerned...plus defenders rarely make the headlines at such an early age,i mean only recently has chiellini acquired some sort of recognition beyond us juve fans

thats why i love ferguson...having such a great duo in vidic and ferdinand he realized what a mistake he made letting pique rot on the bench and this season gave evans a bunch of games in order not to lose out on him too

but our problem is we have legro and possibly caceres so how can ferrara do what ferguson did this yr with evans.esp in the year leading to the world cup u have to give that 3rd spot to legro so ariaudos chances are even more dismal

i hate the fact hed be playing for a shitty team in livorno...hopefully he doesnt turn out like palladino did after his spell there...but players need to play on a regular basis to prove themselves no matter who theyre playing with

take thiago motta as an example...barely played before coming to genoa and now ppl think hes this great midfielder which he isnt but thats only cuz he got regular minutes with genoa

i mean if ariaudo becomes a regular with livorno that could prob only help propel him into our lineup in the future..even g rossi when he was at man utd barely got playing time but when he was shipped out to a struggling parma he performed well enough to end up with a team like villareal who have had some great players play for them over the years

loans are risky moves no doubt..some talent evaporates such as banega or dos santos...but again some players emerge form loans playing with a lot of confidence cuz they got the minutes

marchisio was a regular with empoli which brought him back with a lot of confidence which is pretty evident in his displays..do u think had we kept him and gave him the 20-30 min here and there and a few starts in the coppa hed be as good as he is today

anyways long ass post..
sweet dreams husi

faank

Sep 27, 2008
We don't loan our players to championship teams like Gibbs was, we loan our players to below average and bad teams.
Are you suggesting that Norwich City is a step above a Serie A team? Don't get me wrong, I don't think Livorno is a hell of a team but I am pretty sure they are not worse than an average Championship side.

In Spain Barcelona and Real Madrid have their B team (Atletic and Castilla) competing in lower leagues. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it is the same in Germany. In England there are the reserve teams playing week in, week out.

In Italy: nothing. No reserve or B teams and the Primavera has an age limit. What's up with those who are too old to play for the Primavera? If we keep them with the first team they would be sitting next to Chimenti in the stands all year.

I understand you guys consider training with the first squad as a valuable experience but I firmly believe that these youngsters should get a reasonable amount of match time in this part of their career. Playing 3-4 matches in Coppa is just not the way to go. I would most certainly be against loans if our team had a reserve or B team where the youngsters could play competitive matches every week (and also train with the first team from time to time) but considering the system in Italy, loans seem to be reasonable in most of the cases.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
dude im not saying killini should be loaned out...hell hes one of my fav players but he also had the blessing of playing alongside defenders like cannavaro in his prime,thuram,zambrotta and ferrara

ariaudo is unproven on any level as far as im concerned...plus defenders rarely make the headlines at such an early age,i mean only recently has chiellini acquired some sort of recognition beyond us juve fans

thats why i love ferguson...having such a great duo in vidic and ferdinand he realized what a mistake he made letting pique rot on the bench and this season gave evans a bunch of games in order not to lose out on him too

but our problem is we have legro and possibly caceres so how can ferrara do what ferguson did this yr with evans.esp in the year leading to the world cup u have to give that 3rd spot to legro so ariaudos chances are even more dismal

i hate the fact hed be playing for a shitty team in livorno...hopefully he doesnt turn out like palladino did after his spell there...but players need to play on a regular basis to prove themselves no matter who theyre playing with

take thiago motta as an example...barely played before coming to genoa and now ppl think hes this great midfielder which he isnt but thats only cuz he got regular minutes with genoa

i mean if ariaudo becomes a regular with livorno that could prob only help propel him into our lineup in the future..even g rossi when he was at man utd barely got playing time but when he was shipped out to a struggling parma he performed well enough to end up with a team like villareal who have had some great players play for them over the years

loans are risky moves no doubt..some talent evaporates such as banega or dos santos...but again some players emerge form loans playing with a lot of confidence cuz they got the minutes

marchisio was a regular with empoli which brought him back with a lot of confidence which is pretty evident in his displays..do u think had we kept him and gave him the 20-30 min here and there and a few starts in the coppa hed be as good as he is today

anyways long ass post..
sweet dreams husi
Oh man, where do I start. Top bolded and work my way down:

Santon was unproven this year. Mourinho gave him some starts, look at him now. Balotelli was unproven this year, besides his goal against Juve to kick him off. Look where he is now. Pato was lighting up brazil, went to Milan, given a chance and look at him now. So now, we let other teams give our players a chance in a below average team. You can't compare Rossi to Man U because he doesn't even play there anymore, they lost out on him sure with an expensive option to buy him back. Macheda is even being given chances. So, as you can see....it is well worth the risk of taking risks on these players playing for THEIR CLUB rather than being loaned out.

We don't have a problem with Legro/Caceres, its far from a problem, more like a luxury to have this many CBs. These boys have to earn their strips as does everyone. Give Ariaudo a chance and maybe he will surprise all of you. Let him learn from his mistakes here rather somewhere else just like Chiellini is learning from his. It is not a bad thing at all to have 5 CBs, especially if 1 or 2 go down with a minor injury and one needs rest or needs put out on the flank for an injured wingback. I don't see how you guys can't factor in Coppa, CL, and League games into the equation for rotating players, resting, and of course injured players OR players that are out performing in training that deserve the start. Legro is not guaranteed to be in the world cup squad and besides, if we have your guys wish to loan him out we may never know if Ariaudo ends up better than Legro because no one has the balls here to risk him to stay and play at Juve. Besides, knowing Lippi he wouldn't pick Ariaudo because of his young age.

To be honest, if Ariaudo out perfroms Caceres, Cannavaro, and Legro in training and starts all over them the hell yes, he earns it...experience or not, you earn your strips playing with your team. Mourinho took a big gamble with Santon EVEN IN CHAMPIONS LEAGUE and he did just fine....then again Mou had the balls to give him a go and turns out in return he gets one of the best new wingbacks in Italy. Not to mention Santon didn't start every game like you all say Ariaudo would on loan, he got minutes here and there and earned his starting spot.

Tiago Motta was an injury fiasco at Barca, thats largely why he didn't play there. Genoa gave him the "CHANCE" to play and look what they got in return after taking a RISK....a great player and a hell of a lot of money in return from Inter.

How do you know or can you say that marchsio wouldn't be the same player getting less playing time and starts had he stayed at Juve instead of Empoli? Hell, we just bought a 25m dollar import to take his spot in the starting XI...which again, strengthens my argument...what was the point of the loan in the first place. Now he won't start as much and when he does it will be as backup to an injury, a sub, or rotation which is exactly what I am asking for from a much younger ariaudo. So far, when you look at DC, Marchisio, or Gio....all 3 went on loan...all 3 came back and only played last year due to the large amount of injuries we had AND THATS THE ONLY REASON THEY PLAYED and it looks like this year they will only be back ups to Sali, Moli, Melo, Sissoko, Tiago, Zanetti, Camo, and Diego or DP. Real positive considering they went on loan to "gain experience" to come back and light up our club...........from the bench.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Are you suggesting that Norwich City is a step above a Serie A team? Don't get me wrong, I don't think Livorno is a hell of a team but I am pretty sure they are not worse than an average Championship side.

In Spain Barcelona and Real Madrid have their B team (Atletic and Castilla) competing in lower leagues. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it is the same in Germany. In England there are the reserve teams playing week in, week out.

In Italy: nothing. No reserve or B teams and the Primavera has an age limit. What's up with those who are too old to play for the Primavera? If we keep them with the first team they would be sitting next to Chimenti in the stands all year.

I understand you guys consider training with the first squad as a valuable experience but I firmly believe that these youngsters should get a reasonable amount of match time in this part of their career. Playing 3-4 matches in Coppa is just not the way to go. I would most certainly be against loans if our team had a reserve or B team where the youngsters could play competitive matches every week (and also train with the first team from time to time) but considering the system in Italy, loans seem to be reasonable in most of the cases.
Look at Real/Barcas players that they had playing in their B team WHICH IS STILL PART OF THEIR CLUB!....Livorno, Siena, and Empoli aren't affiliated with Juve and we have no hand in our loans development beyond that point unlike Real/Barca still do when their youths are playing in their B team. Besides, look how young Bojan still is and where he is at from not going on loan. Shit man, our own youths are in their twenties going out on loan while their "teens" are lighting up their B teams and occasionally senior team. I tell you this, I would much rather be a youth in Spain/England than Italy...I'd hate growing up in a clubs ranks always concerned about where my team is going to loan me for 1-2 years of my hardworked life. Why do you think so many youths jump-ship to England/Spain at so young...that way they don't have to worry about it, they are given more guarantees to play at senior level.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
A major factor in the English and Spanish teams keeping their youngsters is that they have reserved teams and England has a proper reserve league.

This provides the players that are too old for the youth team, but aren't ready to play for the full team, a game every week against a reasonable standard of opposition.

Italy, as far as I know, does not have a reserve league and so it is necessary to loan these young players so that they get the chance to play football.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Not as regular as England, it depends on the club because some clubs just don't have enough depth to put together a reserve team.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Italy just does things in a retarded fashion then. It's absolute stupidity.

Why not loan every single fringe player out with option of early return then?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
because other clubs wouldn't accept the terms if you could bring them back right away....

well i am off to work. Andy, I trust you will hold down this thread in my absence?
:D

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Italy just does things in a retarded fashion then. It's absolute stupidity.

Why not loan every single fringe player out with option of early return then?
If it's such a retarded system, I assume England and Spain have consistently produced better club and national teams than Italy?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
If it's such a retarded system, I assume England and Spain have consistently produced better club and national teams than Italy?
Not necessarily, but they have been producing better youngsters lately. Perhaps if there was an actual reserve league the Azzurri would be even better than it is now.

I agree with most of this assessment.

http://italy.theoffside.com/serie-a/does-italy-need-a-reserve-league.html

But overall, I think loans are unethical in football, and hope to see them banned for good one day.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Not necessarily, but they have been producing better youngsters lately. Perhaps if there was an actual reserve league the Azzurri would be even better than it is now.

I agree with most of this assessment.

http://italy.theoffside.com/serie-a/does-italy-need-a-reserve-league.html

But overall, I think loans are unethical in football, and hope to see them banned for good one day.
I prefer the reserve league system as well, rather than heaps of loans, but I'm not convinced of which system is more effective in terms of developing young players.

I think co-ownerships should be banned, but I don't have a problem with loans. However, I don't think loans should be allowed between two teams in the same league (unless it is a loan with an option to buy).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)