Lorenzo Ariaudo (2 Viewers)

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
Ariaudo can still play and give some competition to those in front of him, especially Legro.
That is such a random thing to say. It's not even close, tbh. None of us here can honestly say that we'd feel even remotely safe having Ariaudo starting for us against a tough opponent. Kid is talented but still very raw, and from what we saw last season there is a lot that he needs to learn. There's only one way to do that; by playing consistently against Serie A opposition.

To me, it's incomprehensible that you two are still obsessing about this no loaning whatsoever thing, because I don't take you for fools otherwise. Maybe just swallow that pride and admit that loaning out in some cases makes sense? :smile:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
No, it makes no sense at all when:

1) You have no control over the kid's training regime for the season.
2) You cannot have your own coaches train the kid.
3) You're trying to build a team for the future, developing relationships on and off the pitch with individuals on said team.
4) You don't even know if the kid will get playing time at the other club.

Basically, this loaning thing is nothing more that freeing up space on the team sheet. Everything else is bullshit, including experience. Nobody factors in the experience the kid gets while training with the team, playing in reserve matches, playing Coppa, et cetera. Totally forgetting that experience also includes playing with your teammates here... it's not like this is singles tennis.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Indeed, I prefer having 5 CBs, any shit can go wrong.

But I guess Ciro thought it would be too little for him to get the kinda minutes Knezevic did for us last season, which was almost nonexistent.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Indeed, I prefer having 5 CBs, any shit can go wrong.

But I guess Ciro thought it would be too little for him to get the kinda minutes Knezevic did for us last season, which was almost nonexistent.
it's still a freakin' rumour. I'll believe our management and his agent saying we believe in him and he'll stay with the club.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Its still a rumour?

Ok, last thing I remember was few days ago, it went from Ariaudo is officially staying, to Ciro saying after Caceres, that he will sit down and talk to Ariaudo if works better if he is loaned out or stays. Before that, loan wasnt even an option mentionned.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Its still a rumour?

Ok, last thing I remember was few days ago, it went from Ariaudo is officially staying, to Ciro saying after Caceres, that he will sit down and talk to Ariaudo if works better if he is loaned out or stays. Before that, loan wasnt even an option mentionned.
Channel 4 says he could be loaned out but theres no sources or quotes that say he definetly will.

For now its just a rumour.

http://www.football-italia.net/aug4u.html

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I don't why people feel that we can't keep our youths and break them in slowly like other successful clubs do. Training with Livorno he's not gonna learn what he would training with players of a higher calibre at Juve. He'll just learn to accept playing at a loaer, relegation candidate. It doesn't matter if he gets few games this season. If he does well enough, he'll get more next season, and as other players go (retire or get transferred out), opportunities will open up for him. e.g. Messi, Iniesta, Fabregas, etc. Giovinco might even be a starter by now if he was never loaned out.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
The experience which a player gets solely through training with great players, great coaches, and practice matches is obviously of high importance to development. But there comes a time when young players need truly competitive action, to cement what they have learned, and to improve under pressure. If they cannot get that at their own club, it makes sense for them to get it elsewhere as long as the training facilities and personnell at the LOAN club are of a decent standard. I doubt very much that Ciro would let any of our young players head to clubs where he thought their involvement in training and proper matches could prove at all detrimental to their development. Also, if a player does go out on loan and doesn't get a game, they can be recalled, as long as that is stipulated in the loan agreement. Same applies if we lose two centrebacks to a random Wolverine attack...

Giovinco would not be a first team regular now had he stayed with us, rather than gone to empoli, because we had a coach who was uninterested in using him in his natural position.

Our coaches can not teach a player what competitive action can teach them. Its that simple.

Ariaudo himself would surely be more confident and useful to us if he plays a season at Livorno, does well, develops his own game through the hustle and bustle of competitive, meaningful matches where there is always much at stake...than if he spends the whole season at Juve, playing perhaps a couple of coppa games, unless we face anyone decent in the early rounds. He is now sitting behind Chiellini, Cannavaro, Legro and Caceres. I can imagine problems with Canna and Legro, but then Caceres will play. At left back, we have 3 players...Right back, two.

Yes its a risk...but I think that Ciro has a decent understanding of how young players are trained at our club and other clubs, and also, of the importance of first team action in regards to player development. I trust him.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Or he just gets lost in a team full of hacks where the management also sees him as bench fodder because he has no long term future at the club. How many prmoising youngsters have been lost in the depths of Serie B from the loaning system? How often do loan players come back and become important players for their club, especially at Juve? I don't like comparing us to Barca or man u, but they are succesful in that aspect. Messi, Iniesta, Busquets, Bojan, Rafael, Macheda. They all didn't start out getting a whole set of games. They sat on the bench a lot and got used to the team, trained with them and got a game here or there. Lanzafame, Paro, Piccolo and on and on.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Do you folks who are so against the idea of loaning out some of our youngsters seriously think that Ciro would let any player he valued as a potential first team player, of the future, get lost in a team of hacks and become bench fodder????

If you think that, you clearly have little faith in our manager.

For older players, loans are more often than not, arranged to get a player off a club's books, to give him the chance to earn a new contract elsewhere, or for him to shine brightly and prove a point to the manager of his official club.

For young players, it gives them the chance to develop under competitive match conditions, and to in the process, show their true manager what they can do, that they are ready.

I have zero suspicion that any of our youngsters who are loaned out, will be left to rot, and not checked out, regularly by scouts or our youth coaches. Especially, if they are earmarked for a future possible first team role. That would be unproffesional and failing to work towards the club's best interests.

There are obvious benefits of staying with us, but there are also benefits of going to another team, improving under match conditions, and putting their Juve training into practice.

Wherever any of our youngsters go, they will be watched. Their links with Juve will not be severed, at all. Not under Ciro.

Juve Libnan

Jun 20, 2007
why are ppl bashing this move.imo playing for a team like livorno as a starter would extremely benifit ariaudo esp with the pressure livorno's defence will be under in a lot of their matches

plus getting loaned out is a way for youngsters to truely show their value eg: criscito

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Yeah, and all that pressure mounts on the player as well because he knows if he flops, he has no future in his original team.

And we saw how great loaning out Criscito was, too. Now he'd rather not come back.

People are too focused on Serie A playing experience and overlook other areas of player development. Again, if this is such a great way to train youngsters, then why don't Barcelona or Arsenal treat their starlets the same way?

We all know the answer, but people don't want to admit it.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Arsenal do loan out their young players, not all of them, and only if there is little chance for them to get any playing time in the first team...Last season they sent out Rene Steer, Håvard Nordtveit, Pedro Botelho... Barca dont seem to...how about Manchester United? They have a tradition of loaning out players to the british and belgian leagues...Wherever Ferguson trusts them to get regular first team action and decent training. I think it has more to do with tradition than anything else. And i go back to what I keep saying, which is I Trust in Ciro. If anyone knows what is best for Ariuado, and Juventus, it is he, not us...

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Ferrara would use Grygera in the centre as the fifth cover as well, if things got that bad.

It depends whether you think 3 games with Juve and training with us is better than 20 games with Livorno and training with their players.

Juve Libnan

Jun 20, 2007
Yeah, and all that pressure mounts on the player as well because he knows if he flops, he has no future in his original team.

And we saw how great loaning out Criscito was, too. Now he'd rather not come back.

People are too focused on Serie A playing experience and overlook other areas of player development. Again, if this is such a great way to train youngsters, then why don't Barcelona or Arsenal treat their starlets the same way?

We all know the answer, but people don't want to admit it.
Carlos Vela was loaned out and he has heeps of potential not forgetting kieron gibbs last year,senderos,traore and injanuary alone they loaned out 5 youngsters

barca dont loan out youngsters but look at what that has done to the likes of giovanni dos santos and caceres who have found a lot of quality and established players ahead of them

and ppl keep bitching bout loans...we had fukin ruineri who was as dumb as a fukin ant but with ciro weve already seen how hes integrated marchisio,giovinco and to a lesser extent marrone into the first team

if ciro thinks this is the right move then im all for it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)