Looks like we've lost Stam & Mexes (4 Viewers)

Jul 28, 2002
Better than Bonera thats for sure. If we do end up getting him i wish we could use him in a swap deal for maybe Marquez/saviola....Jus trying to think of a positive reaosn for getting him :D

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
who knows with bonera though. i mean, at bresia, he was a star. he hasnt done well at parma, but many others struggled there also. look at brighi and nakata for example.

maybe if he joined juve, and learnt from the likes of thuram, it may bring his confidence back. remember, at brescia, he was a centre back and at parma, they played him right back. i think he just needs a go.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
but he is a milanista, an overated defender, but the bottom line is we can get a lot better.
It's true. Bonera isn't really an upgrade for us.

Aug 1, 2003
definitely overrated.

I'd be truly surprised if we get Mexes though, don't think we're heavily linked with him whatsoever, plus he might cost a lot and we might have to compete with other big teams

Jul 28, 2002
If we had any brain we would invest in mexes, afterall he is a nike player :cool:, im sur enike mite help us get him :D

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
who knows with bonera though. i mean, at bresia, he was a star. he hasnt done well at parma, but many others struggled there also. look at brighi and nakata for example.

maybe if he joined juve, and learnt from the likes of thuram , it may bring his confidence back. remember, at brescia, he was a centre back and at parma, they played him right back. i think he just needs a go.
Learn from Thuram:groan:?! Thuram is our worst defender at the moment.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++

Learn from Thuram:groan:?! Thuram is our worst defender at the moment.
He may be at the moment, but he's got good tactical knowledge and read the game brillianty (note the past tense :D)

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
You don't need to be at your prime as a player to teach younger ones. Blanc allegedly brought on the young defenders at Man U even though he was at the stage where randy snails moved faster than him.

OP
Len

Len

Feb 13, 2004
  • Thread Starter #74
    Mexes would be the best buy for us IMO, o doubt about that!
    Only if Moggi can put in a bid for him. If Inter, Man U and Chelsea are keeping their eyes on him, why not us???
    We are Juventus. We need new defenders!!! We should invest in Mexes!
    Please Moggi, don't do anything stupid this summer!!!

OP
    Len

Len

Feb 13, 2004
  • Thread Starter #76
    A: Mexes
    B: Nesta

We should have bought Nesta or Cannvaro long time ago!?!?!

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    Dominic, thuram has been one of the best defenders in the past decade. no one in our defence is playing well. thuram still has a lot to offer us, but i feel that he must do it from the centre of defence. Bonera could learn a lot from him. then again, Bonera can worsen at juve. it would be a risk to get him, but as 2nd back up, i dont see why we should go for him. he couldnt be much worse than montero or iuliano right now.

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
    Dominic, thuram has been one of the best defenders in the past decade. no one in our defence is playing well. thuram still has a lot to offer us, but i feel that he must do it from the centre of defence. Bonera could learn a lot from him. then again, Bonera can worsen at juve. it would be a risk to get him, but as 2nd back up, i dont see why we should go for him. he couldnt be much worse than montero or iuliano right now.
    Bonera isn't worse than them, but he's not better. He's probably a faster, more skilled defender, but he'll have to adapt to Juve and to the pressure associated with a team of Juve's stature. Furthermore, he'll be thrust into a defence which is exposed byt he midfield, something he won't be used to coming out of Parma. IMO, he's not worth the money.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
    b4 we go and buy someone, i wud like to see moggi offloading fresi, zenoni (he is on loan rite? ), iuliano, montero :yawn:

then only we can think of mexes, lucio, ferrari etc

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by kaizer ] ++
    b4 we go and buy someone, i wud like to see moggi offloading fresi, zenoni (he is on loan rite? ), iuliano, montero :yawn:

then only we can think of mexes, lucio, ferrari etc
    There's no big need to get rid of those players. They don't have huge wages, and could easily be sold to small clubs during the January window when they need players to stay up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)