Looks like we've lost Stam & Mexes (4 Viewers)

Jul 28, 2002
r u crazy??? Oddo more than trabelsi...why???

BTW i can see us getting oddo, along with ferrari and Bonera :)fero:)

Feb 17, 2004
Im not crazy, and whats wrong with Oddo, they are both 27, Oddo is used to serie a, and he is Italian. And i know him better, he is good just my opinion, im sure Trabelsi would be great to.

Jul 28, 2002
Oddo is more of a wing back than a rb, and every time i see hij he jus looks average.

But more and more i see hatem, i see a future Thuram replacement.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I'm not one bit bothered that Stam is on his way to Milan (if not the club certainly the city) or back to Holland because we don't need him. If we could have acquired him for a reasonable (ie. cheap) price as well as a young defender I would've been very happy, but Stam is by no means a necessity. Mexes however is still a realistic target imo. Inter have been linked to him, yes, but who hasn't been linked to Inter? I really don't think that Phillipe is going to be an Interista next year, or ever, and us not being linked to him as of yet is actually a good thing since Moggi likes to keep Juve's transfer business very quiet.

Jul 28, 2002
im agreeing with u stu as usual, and im secretly praying moggi has done business on mexes and lucio for next season.

Jul 28, 2002
:LOL:...things really dont change :cool:

Stu, how abouts we take over juve one day, u can do moggi's job :D

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
There's no way we'll get six players in the transfer market, farless six defenders. We won't get Trabelsi and Oddo, but probably one. The same goes for Ferrari and Bonera. My realistic wishlist of a transfer campaign would see Trabelsi, Mexes and Lucio join.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
it depends how many are leaving. if montero, iuliano, ciro, fresi and possibly pessotto all leave, which isnt out of the question at all, then we at least need 4 to come in.

oddo is more likely than trabelsi in terms of a moggi purchase. ferrari and bonera will come as a pair. and squillaci is a done deal in my opinion.

but what does worry me is that we still dont have good cover for zambrotta. birdinelli is ok, but not great. thats why a player like grygera would be good.

oddo, ferrari, bonera, squillaci and grygera would be nice for defenders.

montero, ciro, iuliano, fresi, pessotto and birindelli out.

big changes, but we have no choice in my opinion.

Jul 28, 2002
Adrian, ur analysis of the situation is very realistic. Its a great shame we will end up with Bonera instead of mexes. I still and will always see mexes as a realistc purchase, we boought trez, zidane and henry from france, so why not mexes. Squillaci is a merely average defender, im sure martin will agree as he is a monaco follower.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
it depends how many are leaving. if montero, iuliano, ciro, fresi and possibly pessotto all leave, which isnt out of the question at all, then we at least need 4 to come in.

oddo is more likely than trabelsi in terms of a moggi purchase. ferrari and bonera will come as a pair. and squillaci is a done deal in my opinion.

but what does worry me is that we still dont have good cover for zambrotta. birdinelli is ok, but not great. thats why a player like grygera would be good.

oddo, ferrari, bonera, squillaci and grygera would be nice for defenders.

montero, ciro, iuliano, fresi, pessotto and birindelli out.

big changes, but we have no choice in my opinion.
r u kidding me?.. birindelli is the best subtitute fullback there is... he just keep queit and do the job when he called upon..plus he is flexible enough to play on both flanks.. making a steady environment for zambrotta.. a grygera in the bench would be ..wasteful..

beside... out of those list i can only see ferarra and fresi leaving... montero and iuliano still have some years they can contribute from the bench.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
guys, isnt ciro retiring next season....? well, that's what i heard.

i agree with aressandro, birindelli shud stay. he knows his job is to come off the bench....never made such a big fuss out of it. plus, he's not really old. 29/30 rite?

Jul 28, 2002
tell u what, after seeing Biri stop figo all day, and him alsways doing reasonbly well, i want biri to stay as the main full back sub.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
fellas, i'm aware that birindelli plays some good games for us. but the problem is that you dont know what to expect from him. he is either great, or he is hopeless.

John #10, i hope mexes joins ahead of squillaci as well. but it seems moggi is looking for squillaci more at the moment.

As for Grygera, he can play both right back or left back. And if he was to join and play great, we could always play him at left back and move zambrotta into midfield again. i'm sure many wouldnt mind seeing zambrotta take over the inconsistant camoranesi.

alessandro, dont kid yourself, montero and iuliano have nothing to offer teh club anymore. i have respect for what they have done for the club, but montero is embarrassing himself and our club right now with his pathetic football. Iuliano isnt good enough for a mid table team right now. even as bench players, they are liabilities more than assets.

Ferrara said this was his last season and i think lippi and moggi may make him force him to retire by bringing in others. no point in using ferrara as 6th back up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)