Looks like we've lost Stam & Mexes (1 Viewer)

Len

Feb 13, 2004
Guys, it looks like we have lost in the race to sign Stam and Mexes.
I read in an article that Stam doesn't to move to Juve as he would prefer to go to Milan and Mexes already has established links with Inter!

It looks like we have to get Ferrari or Lucio for Centre back instead!
What are your thoughts guys?

Buy on AliExpress.com

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
From football365.com:

Manchester United are keeping an eye on Parma defender Matteo Ferrari, according to reports in Italy. The 24-year-old former Inter player was on the verge of signing for Juventus in January, and could still sign for the Bianconeri - but with the player likely to be sold at the end of the season, a number of clubs have now shown an interest.

Aug 1, 2003
I heard Stam went to Milan? :confused:

Ah fukk it, fine, Juve, stay with your current defense and we'll have a competition on who concedes most.

Undoubtedly montero would win that competition anyway :rolleyes:

Juve100%

Feb 13, 2004
Stam is too old and Mexes.....well we have never been linked to this player. Ferrari & Lucio would be the more likely to come to Juve, i would be happy with with both.

Jul 28, 2002
for half the price of lucio, same price we got legro, we could have Mexes, a absoloute class defender, exactly what we need, buuutt nooooooo We get a brazilian and a average italian. Gr8

If we miss out on Mexes i will be disappointed cos he is a realistic target.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
looks like squillaci is our man then. i think ferrari is ours, along with bonera. stam is at milan for sure while mexes is still a question mark.

trabelsi or oddo wouldnt go a stray either.

Rokast

Feb 15, 2004
Well i am glad that Stam isn't going to Juve, cause he is too old... About Mexes - he is realy good defender and he would strenghten Juventus without any doubts. Daniele Bonera and Mateo Ferari could be very good players in the future, but now they are average ones... I think Juve must sign Lucio! Lots of people sais that he does'nt defend very well, but look at Leverkuzens results last season, then Lucio (and Nowotny) were injured for a long time, and how Leverkuzen is playing this season. I am not saying that we should buy Lucio and Nowotny, I just trying to say, that Lucio and Nowotny are so much important for Leverkuzens defense that without them Bayer is loosing all the time, so I can make conclusion that Lucio vould fit perfectly for juve...

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
I heard Stam went to Milan? :confused:

Ah fukk it, fine, Juve, stay with your current defense and we'll have a competition on who concedes most.

Undoubtedly montero would win that competition anyway :rolleyes:
and even if he doesnt win; some kicks and punches should do the trick

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Rokast ] ++
Well i am glad that Stam isn't going to Juve, cause he is too old... About Mexes - he is realy good defender and he would strenghten Juventus without any doubts. Daniele Bonera and Mateo Ferari could be very good players in the future, but now they are average ones... I think Juve must sign Lucio! Lots of people sais that he does'nt defend very well, but look at Leverkuzens results last season, then Lucio (and Nowotny) were injured for a long time, and how Leverkuzen is playing this season. I am not saying that we should buy Lucio and Nowotny, I just trying to say, that Lucio and Nowotny are so much important for Leverkuzens defense that without them Bayer is loosing all the time, so I can make conclusion that Lucio vould fit perfectly for juve...
ferrari is definately good enough to take over montero right now. Bonera would be only back up for now. right back or centre back, he has a future with us anyway. As for Lucio, he is good, but i'd rather spend it on Mexes.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i didnt realise that Trabelsi was 27 years of age. He has just re-signed for Ajax and i'm not sure if he is a non EU or not. I'm starting to think that Oddo, who is the same age, has serie A experience, plays great at right back and probably is cheaper is the better player to get.

what are your thoughts?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)