Logout (1 Viewer)

Unregistered

I find that if I type something long as a message reply, I'm logged off when I try to post it. Also, if I get distracted, whether by something on another window I have open, or by talking to someone in the real domain :)P), I'm logged off when I get back to Juventuz. The site seems to have the lowest tolerances, time-wise, that I've ever seen.

I tried to complain about this yesterday, but first I wrote too much, and was logged off, and then my server crashed again. I'm not in a computer-philic mood today. Anyway, is there a way to improve/prevent all this. Appart from my server. That will always be crap. :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Do you have cookies turned on? If you do, ideally this should not happen but I've seen quite a bit of it myself so the system is not perfect. But to be honest I'm not sure how the session works either, whether it times out or not.

Using cookies should help though. :undecide:

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
Do you have cookies turned on? If you do, ideally this should not happen but I've seen quite a bit of it myself so the system is not perfect. But to be honest I'm not sure how the session works either, whether it times out or not.

It happened to me too: when I was on this: Search new threads site, I refreshed and I got kicked out, just like that, I had to log in.
I have cookies.

But I dont think there is sth like: time session here.
Cause sometimes I dont close my opened sites here, I go somewhere and back after: 5, 10, 30 minutes, sometimes after 2, 4 more hours and no problem: no kick off.
Everything is like it was, no need to log in again.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Well the point is that when you have the cookies, you're not supposed to get logged out. Like ever. Unless you're gone from the forum for months.

Of course when you have your username/pass memorized in your browser, logging in is hardly a problem ;)

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
Well, I have cookies, and I got logged out, just like that, while refreshing the page.
I refreshed and I'm on this page, when I see: register or log in.

It's not any problem for me, cause it happened only few times, but if that happened to more than one person...

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++

Yeah, I've them on, though I clear them at the end of the day. I don't mind logging in when I open the site first, but it's annoying to lose a message (maybe 5 mins work!), and when I log in again, the "new messages" button tells me that there's been one thread and one post since I was here last.

Thanks anyway. It's not the end of the world :D

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
but it's annoying to lose a message (maybe 5 mins work!)
If you're typing for a while and you're worried you might have been logged out in the meantime, surf the forum in a different browser window and log back in if necessary. Either that or use a decent browser like Mozilla, which doesn't wipe your forms when you press back ;)

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Oh, I copy the message before I post now. :)

And I can hardly install Mozilla on the college computers, can I? Computing Services would get mad at me again...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)