Lockerbie bomber released (2 Viewers)

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
I gave the two papers which in the uk are considered quality newspapers who deal in fact and quotation as opposed to opinion which papers such as the sun do. I have studied media for 4 years and have written for a countywide newspaper for 3 of those years (the hever and markbeech column in the Kent and Sussex courier, I stopped a year ago) So I am more than aware of how spin is used in the media! I am not a hypocrite all of my morals correspond accordingly and although confusing to people who are too lazy to read properly and act out of anger and agression in responce.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Honestly, how many people think this guy is the man behind the bombing? He's probably nothing more than a janitor in the operation. Ghaddafi is the real whack-o. Thank God for Libyans that his son is relatively sane.
Wait what?

Which of his sons are sane?

I am yet to know of any.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Pakistani's tend to like "he whose name should not be spoken of". Almost every Pakistani I've met speaks fondly of the bastard for some reason :confused:

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Pakistani's tend to like "he whose name should not be spoken of". Almost every Pakistani I've met speaks fondly of the bastard for some reason :confused:
Ghaddafi? There's a famous stadium in Lahore named after him and in Pakistan they always say "Musalman bhai bhai hain, ek dosray ka saat do". Meaning all Muslims are brothers and we should support each other. But they have too many concerns just trying to feed themselves and their kids they don't really know what happens around the world.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
So, this is all kicking off again.

The Libyan boy is still alive.

Some people are claiming he was released to get BP a lucrative oil contract in Libya.

Scottish Ministers are refusing to go and give evidence to a Senate comittee in the US.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I hope there was some dodgy dealing involved in the release.

It would make the decision to release the guy seem a lot more justifiable.

The Americans can fuck off, though.

They've been angry about the whole thing since they found out the death penalty wouldn't be used.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
We can fuck off, sure.

But hopefully BP will have endless lawsuits against them, driving them towards bankruptcy. That way, the worthless British pensioners will be destroyed and so will 5% of the FTSE 100.

This company, which is primarily British, is a terrorist organization as far as I'm concerned. And now since it seems quite reasonable to say BP lobbied to have this bomber released because of an oil deal, I have nothing but contempt for the company.

British stockholders and pensioners can rot in hell.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
You know that as of December '09, 40% of BP was owned by British people/institutions and 39% of it was owned by American people/institutions?

Anyway, there is not yet any evidence that BP tried to influence the Scottish Government or that the oil contract was a factor in the release.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
You know that as of December '09, 40% of BP was owned by British people/institutions and 39% of it was owned by American people/institutions?

Anyway, there is not yet any evidence that BP tried to influence the Scottish Government or that the oil contract was a factor in the release.
Large institutions like Goldman Sachs suspiciously dumped BP stock in March, right before the disaster happened. So I'd say that the 39% was probably mostly Goldman and JP Morgan, which is was dumped and shorted.

You'd have to be insane to be holding BP stock through this entire mess, or either stupid. I'd wager to say that the British pensioners are probably more stupid than insane.

Very few Americans are holding BP stock, methinks.

The evidence will probably come out because BP lobbying the Scots is a rational scenario. Lets not be childish here, Red.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)