Llorente or Dzeko (15 Viewers)

Your top player signing?

• Llorente

• Dzeko

• Oh, come off it - like we're getting either...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
If the money was equal, I would take Dzeko.

But I do not feel there is much of a dropoff at all from Dzeko to Llorente.

regardless, either one would be a huge upgrade to the attack, and that is all that matters.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 13, 2010
:lol: You're lucky nobody mentioned Calaiò.

To bring a bit of on topic discussion then, I still don't know what happened to Džeko over the last couple of years to make him so unattractive to a few members. I really loved him at Wolfsburg and wanted him back then, he hasn't had any big injuries or signs of not being able to produce very good form since. So that's who my vote goes to if I had to choose. I really think consistent game time would bring out his best form again.

I would actually be very happy with either though, I also like Llorente despite not liking the possibility of paying €20m for someone of his quality on the last year of their contract. Just because a player is good doesn't mean you just spend money, I've pointed out a couple of examples of players that went for less.
Look, why are we, fans, so eager not to overpay? I mean from general view, we don't spend on players, club does, and whatever the sum is, Juve is capable of spending, we are not going into debts or some financial insecurity. We are wealthy anyway (City or PSG doesn't put standarts onthat anyway)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
salv, in regards to the trepidation you may have in regards to Llorente's potential asking price, is it based on his congtract status, your opinion of the player, or both?

I think that you would agree that he would be a huge upgrade

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Di Marzio on the Llorente situation..

A survey, an important approach but not yet final. It is therefore confirmed the news that Fernando Llorente is a step away from Juventus and missing only the official. There have been contacts, the player likes of Juventus, but nothing is yet concluded. These signals that filter by Juve today. Llorente definitely part of the list, as well as Dzeko. Just the City is one of the most formidable opponent for the Spanish. whose contract expires in 2013
So basically he says we've got competition from City for his signature.(lol)

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Maybe they just really want to sell Dzeko to us, and this is their way of saying please do it.
Exactly..I think its pretty clear that Mancini doesnt really rate Dzeko..Mancini would be more than happy to have him as a backup but obviously Dzeko doesnt feel he belongs to the bench.

Though i'd prefer Llorente over Dzeko.Maybe its just me

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Di Marzio on the Llorente situation..

So basically he says we've got competition from City for his signature.(lol)
Google translate fucked it up. Di Marzio said there is no confirmation on Llorente being a step away from Juventus and only lacking official statement. There has only been inquiry from Juve and Llorente is interested.

May 22, 2007
Yes Salvatore you mentioned Oezil but he's an AM..Generally the strikers are the ones who have a bigger transfer value..And i'd like to think that the scenarios differ between Oezil and Llorente's in this case.Werder are a selling club,they were inclined to sell him obviously whereas Athletic want to really hold on to the player(and doing their best they can) not without a fight atleast and even if they reluctantly agree to sell him(on the player's wish) ,they'd make sure it benefits them in terms of money as well..

Like i said before Athletic rejected a €35m bid from Spurs in Jan 2011..Judging by this you could tell they greatly value the player even if its an inflated price tag.In that respect €20m seems a legit price when you consider their perspective as well.
I know strikers generally command bigger transfer fees, but Özil had shown more quality internationally and he had loads of potential at the time too. Llorente isn't coming off a very strong World Cup/Euro performance, he's coming off a good season, but Athletic still lost finals and finished quite low in the league. I seem to remember Özil being very good for Bremen before moving as well.

I don't know whether that €35m offer is real, but prices are also inflated in January as well, and things have changed at Athletic since. Seems to me that Bielsa hasn't exactly helped if that interview you posted is something to go on, not very supportive of keeping him at all costs which won't help them.

Look, why are we, fans, so eager not to overpay? I mean from general view, we don't spend on players, club does, and whatever the sum is, Juve is capable of spending, we are not going into debts or some financial insecurity. We are wealthy anyway (City or PSG doesn't put standarts onthat anyway)
Fans want the best for their club. That was obvious...

This club has experienced Alessio Secco, shouldn't that be enough for you? Marotta is still dealing with players that man signed, and we're approaching 3 years since he could make any sort of decision at Juve.

Without knowing much about either situation, you see clubs like Portsmouth or Rangers struggling to exist recently, despite not looking so bad 10 years ago. It looks horrible.

Surely the addition of market players such as City and PSG make you even more eager to see Juve make the most of every deal. They're driving prices up to insane amounts for the better players.

salv, in regards to the trepidation you may have in regards to Llorente's potential asking price, is it based on his congtract status, your opinion of the player, or both?

I think that you would agree that he would be a huge upgrade
You would be right in thinking that.

It's the contract. I think he's a good striker.

DelPieroTen

Dec 8, 2009
I never said that. Dzeko didn't get that many opportunities in England. I like Dzeko; I think he's a very good player, but not great or world class. I'd gladly take him over any of our CF's, but my dream signing is still Jovetic, because I want Cavani/Higuain here next year. I'm thinking long term.
Lol I know you never said that. You were speaking about how you think Llorente would fail in Italy...to which I said... like Dzeko in England :p

the longer we don't sign anyone, the more I can see us settling for Pazzini :sergio:

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
I've seen you make posts supporting Boca and Athletic (and possibly Benfica) on top of Juve. What's up with that?
What do you mean?

I just know alot about Boca, Athletic, Benfica.

My family is originally from Bilbao. So of course, i am a fan of my kinda "hometown".

May 22, 2007
What do you mean?

I just know alot about Boca, Athletic, Benfica.

My family is originally from Bilbao. So of course, i am a fan of my kinda "hometown".
Just wondering, I didn't know that about you.

Do you just admire Boca and Benfica and hope they do well?

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Salvatore also if you've noticed Bundesliga teams have barely attached inflated price tags on their prized assets but it seems to be changing now that four spots are at stake for German teams in the CL(this could be an important factor you know).

In Athletic's case though ,they'd do everything to keep their best players..I mean Martinez a DM has a €40m price tag(buyout clause) on his head,If Muniain is transferred i'm sure he wont go any less than €40m(he wont leave atleast in the near future),And Llorente is certainly one of their most important players and had he extended his contract we might've had to cough up €35m for him if we were interested in signing him.Not saying he's worth that price but just elucidating the 'market demands' for this particular player.

But the important question to consider is does he represent full value for the €20m we would be paying for ?I'd like to think so in my opinion.

And whether or not we're willing to meet that price there's nothing wrong to demand €20m for him by them.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Dzeko is 1 year younger, quicker, better movement off the ball, slightly better skilled - in other words, he is a more complete player.

So I don't care about the money, it's not mine. I'd take Dzeko over Llorente.

But if you consider money, 15M for Llorente would be fair, and 25M for Dzeko would be realistic.

---------- Post added 09.08.2012 at 18:33 ----------

And yes, I doubt Athletic will ask less than 20M for Llorente. And Marotta will start offering stg around 12M, just guessing. This could go on and on. So if we can really get Dzeko for 25M, just do it.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Dzeko is 1 year younger, quicker, better movement off the ball, slightly better skilled - in other words, he is a more complete player.

So I don't care about the money, it's not mine. I'd take Dzeko over Llorente.

But if you consider money, 15M for Llorente would be fair, and 25M for Dzeko would be realistic.

---------- Post added 09.08.2012 at 18:33 ----------

And yes, I doubt Athletic will ask less than 20M for Llorente. And Marotta will start offering stg around 12M, just guessing. This could go on and on. So if we can really get Dzeko for 25M, just do it.
what is your opinion on david villa as a short term signing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)