Live Mercato Meltdown - 2012/13 (pants filled in 3,2...) (85 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I fail to understand how some of you don't get that players like higuan, dzeko are out of our reach, we just simply aren't in a position to get those players.

That said bendtner... Oh my god. Why him?! of all the shitty players, why this guy?

Please stop. We had 30m for JoJo. If we were serious enough about Higuain or even Dzeko, and took that money and offered it to their teams and pursued them long and hard enough, for the duration of the summer, or the two months that we had after signing Giovinco, Isla and Asamoah, we would've had them. All it takes is a clear focus to know what you are after. In Marrotta's case he went looking for the cheapest deal. If you're trying to tell me, 25m was offered for Dzeko in mid august, amd Shitty would refuse, youre delusional. Also, I'd like to bring to your notice, that he would've fallen within our wage structure too. We were not focused enough. We looked for the best deal, Llorente being the cheapest of the lot, seemingly, and we got burnt. You don't operate like that in the continental market. And you can take it from me, first hand, that come next summer Llorente will not join Juventus either. We will go through exactly the same torment thanks to Marrotta's incompetency and people like you moaning about how out of reach players are. It's a fucking joke really,

---------- Post added 31.08.2012 at 15:27 ----------

The hell! I rate santa cruze he would have been far better then bendtner. not ideal but a good move:sergio:
True. Or fucking Adebayor!! What are his wages?

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Please stop. We had 30m for JoJo. If we were serious enough about Higuain or even Dzeko, and took that money and offered it to their teams and pursued them long and hard enough, for the duration of the summer, or the two months that we had after signing Giovinco, Isla and Asamoah, we would've had them. All it takes is a clear focus to know what you are after. In Marrotta's case he went looking for the cheapest deal. If you're trying to tell me, 25m was offered for Dzeko in mid august, amd Shitty would refuse, youre delusional. Also, I'd like to bring to your notice, that he would've fallen within our wage structure too. We were not focused enough. We looked for the best deal, Llorente being the cheapest of the lot, seemingly, and we got burnt. You don't operate like that in the continental market. And you can take it from me, first hand, that come next summer Llorente will not join Juventus either. We will go through exactly the same torment thanks to Marrotta's incompetency and people like you moaning about how out of reach players are. It's a fucking joke really,
I don't think it's that easy as just spamming their fax mashines with better and better offers. It was clear that to all those players bar JoJo we are not prime real estate, but in JoJo case if we blieve what media is telling us, is that it's not Marottas fault, but Fiorentina not wanting to sell.

What do you suggest to have done different? Offer more money, overpay? Offer bigger contracts and overpay there too?

Llorente, poped up just at the end of the marcet no?

And look, I'm not saying that Marotta did a good job in the strikers department, if you read forums you will see what kind of opinion I have about our latest striker, but all in all, he made us stronger and more competative, and he did that with players that will only get better and will make a core of a team for years, and that ain't a bad thing. The striker fiasco is certainly nothing to be proud of, specially when he talked all summer about it, but all in all he did good. Remember, no ones perfect and if this is the kind of inperfect that we get, I'm ok with it.

Plus, we already have a core team, it's obvious what next needs to be improved, he himslef nows this, just wasn't able to impliment it yet, so judging how he bought, vidal, asamoah, pirlo, isla, pogba, i'm quite confident we will be alright in a year or two.

RavaneVialli2

Aug 4, 2012
JoJo was attainable at the beginning of mercato. Prade admitted that if an offer in the region of "around 30M" arrives, they will be obliged to negotiate given the agreement with the player. Montella said a few times that JoJo has to decide what he wants to do, so there was a real chance he will go. It appears to me that we didn't push enough for him because Marotta wanted a bargain: Llorente for 18M+bonuses, and we only made a last-gasp offer for Jovetic when it was too late for them to agree to sell and the player was already convinced to stay for next season.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
JoJo was attainable at the beginning of mercato. Prade admitted that if an offer in the region of "around 30M" arrives, they will be obliged to negotiate given the agreement with the player. Montella said a few times that JoJo has to decide what he wants to do, so there was a real chance he will go. It appears to me that we didn't push enough for him because Marotta wanted a bargain: Llorente for 18M+bonuses, and we only made a last-gasp offer for Jovetic when it was too late for them to agree to sell and the player was already convinced to stay for next season.
As far as I know it was a gentelmens agreement with JoJo from fiorentina, not a clouse in the contract. So if someone not Juve were knocking I bet he would have been sold, but if we would believe some rumors Juve came knocking with 30 and got nothing in return.

Apr 24, 2012
Please stop. We had 30m for JoJo. If we were serious enough about Higuain or even Dzeko, and took that money and offered it to their teams and pursued them long and hard enough, for the duration of the summer, or the two months that we had after signing Giovinco, Isla and Asamoah, we would've had them. All it takes is a clear focus to know what you are after. In Marrotta's case he went looking for the cheapest deal. If you're trying to tell me, 25m was offered for Dzeko in mid august, amd $#@!ty would refuse, youre delusional. Also, I'd like to bring to your notice, that he would've fallen within our wage structure too. We were not focused enough. We looked for the best deal, Llorente being the cheapest of the lot, seemingly, and we got burnt. You don't operate like that in the continental market. And you can take it from me, first hand, that come next summer Llorente will not join Juventus either. We will go through exactly the same torment thanks to Marrotta's incompetency and people like you moaning about how out of reach players are. It's a $#@!ing joke really,

---------- Post added 31.08.2012 at 15:27 ----------

True. Or $#@!ing Adebayor!! What are his wages?

I dunno what santa cruz is on adebayor is on fkn heaps probably too much for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 82)