Live Mercato Meltdown - 2012/13 (pants filled in 3,2...) (133 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nemnem

Jan 21, 2012
I wouldn't blame Marotta either. He sure over does this "buy option" thing. And its sure hard to sell players like Krasic for a top price if they where all weekend on the tribune. He tried to get something for the half price like Llorente , van persie or players like dzeko and higuain who may where a bit unhappy. But it turned out that they wanna let got Llorente for free next year :sergio:, hiquain used juventus just to get a better contract. ManU overpaid RVP, I would be mad if we would have thrown all that money on him. Dzeko and Cavani are to expensive. The only thing may Jovetic, if we would have given that money right away 2-3 months a go. But now with a made team, 4-5 days to the end of transfer period I wouldn't let him go either.

I think we got everything we needed except this front top player. But if, in 70 Min we're not gonna get in a group with Barcelona, Dortmund and Man City i would bet my ass that we're gonna survive the group stage.
And there we can get something in the January Market.

Good things need time and we're on a good way. :flag1:

RavaneVialli2

Aug 4, 2012
So, in the end we've replaced Ale with Giovinco and Borriello with Bendtner.

We need to see more from Giovinco in our shirt obviously, but I already dare to say we're weaker in the attacking department in comparison to the last season. Borriello and Bendtner are both cack so it doesn't really make a difference (apart from that Marco, while being a poor player, was actually a cool guy and Bendtner is a shithead) and at the same time I don't think Giovnco will have as much an influence on the team as Del Piero had. Yes, he will play more than Ale and score more than him, but he won't replace the winning mentality, he won't be as decisive in the crucial moments, like Ale in the Lazio match. Don't expect him to reach as many goals and assists as in Parma.
In my opinion, the biggest mistake was not renewing Ale's contract and at the same time not signing a player who possess this kind of winning mentality, a leader on the pitch and not necessarily a poacher (on the contrary to the opinion of majority). Jovetic and Cavani are such players and this summer we probably had the last chance to sign one of them. Even if we signed Llorente, it wouldn't make much difference to the current situation, as I expect he would be anonymous in this team (even if scoring here and there).

I hope Conte's mentality will be enough, but sometimes a team needs such a huge player on the pitch, who will decide the result on his own, especially when Conte won't be there on the bench. And even the greatest depth in midfield won't provide that.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
35M after winning Serie A + CL money + Jeep sponsershi seems a bit on the low side. Very low actually.

---------- Post added 30.08.2012 at 16:18 ----------

Is Caceres and Giac counted in those numbers? I dont think it's fair to do so.

The sponsorship is similar to what Milan and Inter make, I think. Around 12M/year. Real Madrid, Barcelona, etc, make like 20/25M a year (if I'm not mistaken)

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
Says alot about the state of Serie A that we couldn't attract any big name at all, although having an idiot run your transfer scheme doesn't help either.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
So, in the end we've replaced Ale with Giovinco and Borriello with Bendtner.

We need to see more from Giovinco in our shirt obviously, but I already dare to say we're weaker in the attacking department in comparison to the last season. Borriello and Bendtner are both cack so it doesn't really make a difference (apart from that Marco, while being a poor player, was actually a cool guy and Bendtner is a $#@!head) and at the same time I don't think Giovnco will have as much an influence on the team as Del Piero had. Yes, he will play more than Ale and score more than him, but he won't replace the winning mentality, he won't be as decisive in the crucial moments, like Ale in the Lazio match. Don't expect him to reach as many goals and assists as in Parma.
In my opinion, the biggest mistake was not renewing Ale's contract and at the same time not signing a player who possess this kind of winning mentality, a leader on the pitch and not necessarily a poacher (on the contrary to the opinion of majority). Jovetic and Cavani are such players and this summer we probably had the last chance to sign one of them. Even if we signed Llorente, it wouldn't make much difference to the current situation, as I expect he would be anonymous in this team (even if scoring here and there).

I hope Conte's mentality will be enough, but sometimes a team needs such a huge player on the pitch, who will decide the result on his own, especially when Conte won't be there on the bench. And even the greatest depth in midfield won't provide that.
Yeah Conte and Del Piero will be missed. I'm just curious was there ever enough money for a top striker? From Van Persie to Bendner is just ridiculuos.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Serie A and the FIGC have noone to blame but themselves for this ordeal they are in. This whole new scandal that broke out this summer, which got Conte banned with no credible evidence, is a disgrace.

Fuck everyone. We are fine as we are, and we don't need Berba, Borriello, or Bendtner. Lets save our money, we can do it without them.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
i wonder if w can loan someone like damaio with option to buy to assess risk.

say we pay his club 5 million for a loan, with option set at 30 million + bonuses. to make it more enticing make it an obligation to buy if he makes 30 league games, or scores 25 goals.

that way if he does perform, then great, we a got a good, young striker with a proven ability, with no competition for his sig. if he doesn't then no big loss

JuveYank

Juve Ultra :D
Jun 29, 2008
Dzeko will be a deadline day acquisition. Bendtner added for depth, maybe because Quags or Matri are leaving? I don't quite know, but I feel as though Dzeko will be ours.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
City lead the race to sign Remy.

Marotta here's your chance to sign Dzeko if those Remy rumors are true...Stop penny pinching for once and enforce the issue !

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
i wonder if w can loan someone like damaio with option to buy to assess risk.

say we pay his club 5 million for a loan, with option set at 30 million + bonuses. to make it more enticing make it an obligation to buy if he makes 30 league games, or scores 25 goals.

that way if he does perform, then great, we a got a good, young striker with a proven ability, with no competition for his sig. if he doesn't then no big loss
Not gonna happen. Internacional has money and doesn't have to sell. They just sold Oscar.

Damiao is overrated anyway. He's OK/good, but not special, and will never be. 12/15M would be a fair price. And Internacional thinks they'll receive an offer of 30M for him. LOL. But those stupid oil fake clubs might do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 129)