Live Mercato Meltdown - 2012/13 (pants filled in 3,2...) (135 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Nah.

Used to be okay and thought he was a bit hard done by when at Milan, but he's been shit for the last couple of years.

Anyway, judgement on him must take into account that apart from RVP - for whom United clearly overpayed, and Juve couldn't compete with because of wages - none of the other top strikers Juve wanted are in the market. Their teams just won't sell them. Including City, at least while they don't buy a striker.
:agree:

There wasn't anything like as much movement on the striker market as I would have expected.

The main bits that failed to materialise that I anticipated were one of City's strikers moving and I thought Real Madrid might bring someone in and sell Higuain.

The only one I think was a real mistake by Marotta was not signing Pazzini.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
So far, Marotta failed in getting the player who would make the difference upfront - but his task was very difficult. And he chose not to do an expensive gamble, like Doumbia or Lewandoski.

But the rest of the mercato was very good, even though he didn't addressed the LWB position directly. The main players he brought:
Pogba - very good, with WC potential, for free
Asamoah - very good, WC potential, plays in midfield and LWB;
Isla - very good, can be WC as a WRB;
Giovinco - good player, with the pontential to be very good, in a position we needed - SS

Gotta wait to see if he'll manage to offload dead weight - but considering he didn't fill in the team biggest need - a guy who can score - but made some good deals, I'd give him 6/10 so far.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
This was very very pathetic. Marotta claims that he offered a deal when he heard Berbatov rejected Fiorentina. But come on - the guy was almost in Firenze already. Of course he tried to hijack the deal, along with Fulham.
I don't think it's what happened. It's hard to believe that two teams at the same time tried to hijack a deal. I think that Berbatov was having second thoughts about Fiorentina and he asked his agents to spread the news around. That's how Juve and Fulham learned about it and tried to get Berbatov.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Nah.

Used to be okay and thought he was a bit hard done by when at Milan, but he's been shit for the last couple of years.

:agree:

There wasn't anything like as much movement on the striker market as I would have expected.

The main bits that failed to materialise that I anticipated were one of City's strikers moving and I thought Real Madrid might bring someone in and sell Higuain.

The only one I think was a real mistake by Marotta was not signing Pazzini.
I agree with this entirely, altho i wonder what the price would have been considering they got cassano and 7 mil for him

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I don't think it's what happened. It's hard to believe that two teams at the same time tried to hijack a deal. I think that Berbatov was having second thoughts about Fiorentina and he asked his agents to spread the news around. That's how Juve and Fulham learned about it and tried to get Berbatov.
To me this is still hijacking a deal.

Anyway, the damage is done, regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 131)