Live Mercato Deadline Day - AM Meltdown Edition (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 23, 2012
Sure thing buddy.

Jovetic, Perisic, Kondogbia, Miranda, Murillo, Montoya

Dybala, Mandzukic, Rugani, Cuadrado, Alex Sandro, Khedira

Now tell me with a straight face which set of players would you chose to get?

It's an excellent point. The gap between Juve and Inter or Juve and Milan is still tremendous. The largest threat to the Scudetto is clearly Roma. If they stay healthy they will be in it until the end.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Yep, don't get me wrong I do like Marotta and Dybala + Sandro is personally 2 of my favourite buys in recent times. I expect big things from both.

But there is nobody that can convince me that after all the money we made last season, and with the sales of Vidal and Coman included, that we couldn't have SIGNIFICANTLY strengthened our weakest spot with an attacking midfielder of real quality. Instead we're bargain bin hunting on deadline day for a position we should've covered long ago. I mean who the $#@! spends 38Million euros on 2 bench strikers and sells Vidal then spends 10M on a badly needed CAM.

We could have landed somebody like Oscar (Just an example) for 40-50M and whether people like it or not, one day we will need to actually invest that on one player and not 4 or 5 because we're not going to keep landing unknown players who go on to become world class. It's not sustainable.
I must admit I agree
What we lost 2 CM and 1 FC all WC players
What do we need to get in order to stay at the same level 2CM or 1CM 1AM and 1FC WC players
What did we get?
Dybala - future star - not yet WC
Mandzukic - good for depth but we should have went for other players before trying to get him
Sandro - Dont get me wrong he is a great signing and will replace the aging Evra BUT we need to strengthen the places we got weakened first!
Cuadrado - Free loan so cant say much about it. Great move doesnt matter how you look at it...
Zaza - Probably the stupidest decision of the summer 18M for Zaza is a pure waste. Yeah I know we technically paid 10 if you consider we got 8 before but I rather we let them have him for that 8M and get someone else with that money

Zaza 18M Madzukic 19M = 37M together I guess we could have got Draxler if we wanted... now assuming we got around 20M for another CM/AM its 57M
Can you really say we couldnt get someone serious with that kind of money? by the way I like Sandro but if you take his money its 83M -> De Bruyne kind of player...

I rather see us get 3 players amazing ones than 7 players who are good at best!
Also releasing Pirlo was a big mistake as we could easily have kept him if we just told him he is still important player for our game
Just imagine how much stronger we could have been!

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Agree with @Nzoric

If Allegri doesn't win the league this yr with this team, his position at the club should be evaluated.

If he drops outside top 2, I say sack, that is all.
:rofl: Dismantle the team, don't get him the fucking TQ he asked for, and then fire him? You and Nzordick are fucking ingrates then. We can't be expected to win the title every fucking year, and we have visibly weakened the team. Our midfield looks kinda meh now, and our attack is thin and severely lacking in creativity aside from Dybala.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
You guys really need to stop with the we got 28 mio for Coman. Bayern paid us 7 mio to have a 21 mio option to buy the player in to years. That means that Bayerns risk in all of this is 7 mio whereas their potential reward is in theory endless. They get to evaluere the player for two years and if he is deemed worth a fee of 21 mio. In two years they will take up the option otherwise he will return here. Its really basic option theory. No club in their right mind would pay 28 mio for Coman right now because nobody can tell if he really becomes a class player or just another overhyped talent. I dont think it is a good deal. We should either cash in on him or loan him out to develop.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Would you guys like something like Witsel + Hernanes?

Hernanes TQ and Witsel for CM ?
We are good on CM. We getting Lemina and once Asa and Khedi gets a good fitness ,we are well stocked there. Hernanes as a TQ I wouldn't have been ok beginning of the window, but right now we can only take whats left.

I mean beggars cant be choosers right.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Agree with @Nzoric

If Allegri doesn't win the league this yr with this team, his position at the club should be evaluated.

If he drops outside top 2, I say sack, that is all.
If Allegri fails with Juve and Conte with Italy at EURO... You know who's coming back...

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
the mercato is similar to the 2010 one.

just sign players here and there with no clear idea what formation will be used or why the players signed are signed.

our football is going to be painful to watch imo

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
:rofl: Dismantle the team, don't get him the fucking TQ he asked for, and then fire him? You and Nzordick are fucking ingrates then. We can't be expected to win the title every fucking year, and we have visibly weakened the team. Our midfield looks kinda meh now, and our attack is thin and severely lacking in creativity aside from Dybala.
might all be (kinda) true - but we still have the best team of the league no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)