Live Mercato Deadline Day - AM Meltdown Edition (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I always had a bit of a soft spot for Hernanes. He was excellent at Lazio and I thought he'd get even better at Inter but that wasn't to be for some reason. He is kind of understated for such a creative and technical player. Anyway it will be good to have another old head in the squad considering how much younger this side is compared to last season.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Our midfield (fully fit) is better than Inter's now that they have neither Kovacic nor Hernanes. I think they are pretty insane in spreading their midfield that thin. Guarin, Brozovic, Kondogbia and Medel? thats suicide.
so if they had Kovacic and Hernanes they would have a better midfield?

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Aren't you a Hernanes fan tho ?

- - - Updated - - -

Aren't you a Hernanes fan tho ?
i like him. him + khedira for pirlo. fantastic. even with no am

dont like the fact that he is coming as replacement for vidal. all our signings i like. Vidal's sale is what i dont.

byw i think wingers are the way to go sosame goes for coman. should have kept him, signed another winger and played 4-3-3 now we have cuadrado

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
Did you see in Marota left eye a gold mine or oil rig?!Please stop moaning and get down to serious,we need balanced check book and things happen more than better with this mercato.
Obviously Marotta didn't take the money. But the club still kept it, I don't kno who that would be, Agnelli, Elkann, etc but obviously the club kept the money.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Pogba, Marchisio, Asamoah, Khedira, Hernanes, Sturaro, Pereyra.

Very good collection of midfielders.Still the Best midfield in Italy when fit and in form.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
this. were it not for those two losses, ppl wudnt be behaving so frantic and feminine...theres nothing stopping their billion dollar AM from flopping u know..dont know what theyre getting on about...wait till the team is fully fit and gelled...

what countries r some ppl from here? pussies everywhere
Two losses? This is the worst beginning that anyone alive have ever seen. Do you understand that? Or you r just stupid

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
i like him. him + khedira for pirlo. fantastic. even with no am

dont like the fact that he is coming as replacement for vidal. all our signings i like. Vidal's sale is what i dont.

byw i think wingers are the way to go sosame goes for coman. should have kept him, signed another winger and played 4-3-3 now we have cuadrado
I agree with all of this especially the last part. And getting a winger that could also play trequartista would have been perfect

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
10-11m is fair price IMO. He's easily got another 3-4 years in him, given that his game is not based on pace. Hopefully he will find his best again.
At least we gave allegri someone to work with. Hernanes is clearly an stop gap until we find the best player. Most likely we will be forced to splash on the best AM possible next summer...as we have the other positions more or less covered.

Ill be honest... hernanes is not that bad of a deal at 10 mils ..and at this point... i prefer getting him rather than seeing allegri being stubborn and use 352.

Hernanes is ok. He can play in any formation, not only like tq in 4312
yeh.

The mercato has been wonky...but i have to admit we got some players to work it. Now is on allegri´s hands to see what he can do. If we are able to click..things will go smoother.

Allegri needs to make hernanes work as his AM, and try to survive until he gets the man he wants. Still...we have just too many question marks right now...and we need to see which players will get in the best form and in base of that, plan different formations.

Lets hope we start from zero from now on, and improve

I haven't thought about this.
:tup:

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Hernanes is not an AM, never has been. Decent CM, even though slow.

And we just did a huge favour to Inter, who wanted to offload him but had no buyers. He's already 30, on high salaries, performing poorly for quite some time.
Yup. €3m a year in salaries. Llorente salaries right there.. If I had to choose between a 25 years old Jovetic at €15m and a 30 years old Hernanes at €10m.............. I'd choose Jorge Martinez

- - - Updated - - -

Very good collection of midfielders.Still the Best midfield in Italy when fit and in form.
Lemina

- - - Updated - - -

Lemina

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006

You forgot the nutcracker.

What it does mean is were back to being a little more solid/intelligent but less fast and fancy with coman not being replaced.

Would have been better to bring lamela on a loan or even nasri or any other half fancy but I guess its whoever we could have got reasonably.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Position wise :
Marchisio replaces Pirlo-upgrade
Asamoah/Khedira replaces Vidal-downgrade
Pogba 2015 > Pogba 2014 ? Only time will tell

All In all we are weaker in midfield but not as weak as its made out to be by some folks here.We still got some class players in there.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015

No madrid destroyer no party. I was ok with downgrading our CM in favour of the AM but what happened now is Beppe taking without giving. Fucking hernanes...june cusp can't be happy with this

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Having money is one thing.

There being the right players to spent it on is another matter entirely.

I struggle to see what top trequartista signing Juve could have made, so I've no issue with them signing Hernanes and Cuadrado and waiting to see if something good comes up in the future.
:tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)