Live Mercato Deadline Day - AM Meltdown Edition (26 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Really? I feel I been bit emotional all day :D It really infuriates me we failed at our objectives and our own set goals (Marotta's own words and wishes), and had to settle for less.

Hope it turns out well, 10 new players, thats half the squad almost. If you dont have a set key player to carry you like Tevez did in the meantime, we risk crumbling mentally with the increasing pressure with so many young players.
Ha! It's crazy around here. In fairness everyone's been on a rollercoaster for the entire offseason, and certainly things intensified here at the end. It's been a gutting summer losing those core guys. Still, people are losing their damn minds, to the point that I'm reading chatter about possibly firing Allegri and Beppe, etc. After the results they've gotten, and the excellent financial and sporting health of the club, that's ridiculous. It's been 3 games and with all the changes and injuries, patience is crucial.

How often does a team win 4 titles in a row, and then lose their 3 best players from those years all in the same summer? Basically never. Not exactly a cakewalk refurbishment for Beppe and Fabs, here, so we should all expect some bumps.

Anyway, totally fair to criticize the job they did. I really didn't like the Vidal transfer, and dislike the lack of a proper replacement even more. Arturo wasn't a true CAM, so they should have been looking for one from day 1, regardless of his status. I also think the Coman situation is ridiculous for a few reasons, not least of which is that if he's going to go that needs to get that done earlier, to make sure we have proper positional depth.

On the bright side, at least these 10 incoming players are of a higher quality than the 11 he brought in each of his first 2 summers at the club? :p

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
if i had to guess deal is signed pending medical so if medical is failed contract is null and void
That would be the easy solution, yes. I think the reason they generally have the medical first is they don't want to compromise the player's career by having to announce the deal fell through because of a failed medical.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Ha! It's crazy around here. In fairness everyone's been on a rollercoaster for the entire offseason, and certainly things intensified here at the end. It's been a gutting summer losing those core guys. Still, people are losing their damn minds, to the point that I'm reading chatter about possibly firing Allegri and Beppe, etc. After the results they've gotten, and the excellent financial and sporting health of the club, that's ridiculous. It's been 3 games and with all the changes and injuries, patience is crucial.

How often does a team win 4 titles in a row, and then lose their 3 best players from those years all in the same summer? Basically never. Not exactly a cakewalk refurbishment for Beppe and Fabs, here, so we should all expect some bumps.

Anyway, totally fair to criticize the job they did. I really didn't like the Vidal transfer, and dislike the lack of a proper replacement even more. Arturo wasn't a true CAM, so they should have been looking for one from day 1, regardless of his status. I also think the Coman situation is ridiculous for a few reasons, not least of which is that if he's going to go that needs to get that done earlier, to make sure we have proper positional depth.

On the bright side, at least these 10 incoming players are of a higher quality than the 11 he brought in each of his first 2 summers at the club? :p
Haha yeah, talk of firing :D But Marotta seriously needs to be pegged down a little from his high chair for the very messy work past month, Vidal sale, Coman loan (lack of SS) and AM fiasco all in all made us look like 90s Moratti type of mercato roller coaster then the solid ground work Juve one we been used to.

Very uncertain and kind of nervous about this upcoming season, mainly because we lack the steel and sheer quality effort and aggression Vidal gave us in spades (Tevez too). That wont be easy to get used to. Have more technical options in parts, but give me top class grinta any day of the week. Process that needed to happen, but was handled poorly. Feel like we taken a step back after strong contending in Europe last year. Hopefully its just a feeling and not the reality.

There is alot to criticise lately, but now the sideshow is over and the footballing show has commenced, now we see what Allegri and these fresh players are made of. Kinda exciting for what we have in store.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Haha yeah, talk of firing :D But Marotta seriously needs to be pegged down a little from his high chair for the very messy work past month, Vidal sale, Coman loan (lack of SS) and AM fiasco all in all made us look like 90s Moratti type of mercato roller coaster then the solid ground work Juve one we been used to.

Very uncertain and kind of nervous about this upcoming season, mainly because we lack the steel and sheer quality effort and aggression Vidal gave us in spades (Tevez too). That wont be easy to get used to. Have more technical options in parts, but give me top class grinta any day of the week. Process that needed to happen, but was handled poorly. Feel like we taken a step back after strong contending in Europe last year. Hopefully its just a feeling and not the reality.

There is alot to criticise lately, but now the sideshow is over and the footballing show has commenced, now we see what Allegri and these fresh players are made of. Kinda exciting for what we have in store.
Imo we come out a weaker, but more versatile and younger team.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Ok so after a day of sulking about what's bound to be nobody's first choice I may (or may not) have seen some sense in this, Hernanes is not actually a bad transfer.

He's solid player with some nice technical qualities, it will allow us to play the 4-3-1-2 again with him in the hole and more importantly without us being lightweight, it's basically giving us the safety net to try and play last years awesome formation, with him as Vidal.

Clearly it's not good that we've down graded in every player we've lost this summer but hopefully this will ease the pressure on Paul and the boys and we can try to get steadily back to ourselves.

abrakadaver07

Jul 8, 2008
Really weird mercato. On one hand, we've got some really good players this summer. On the other hand, we got them in a really weird order. I can't believe it took until tonight to secure our top target this mercato, an attacking midfielder.

Should have went for that first. There's a say here, something along the lines of 'if you spend too much time choosing there won't be anything left to choose'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)